Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That Panthers trade is going to be a rough one.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BlindSite posted:

I don't think that it is tbh. Panther fans have PTSD from the last few years and how Cam was destroyed. Bryce had a bad day today, but he also flashed a little more than he has in other weeks in other situations and I saw him looking to Mingo and Chark more than he has in weeks past.

Both of those interceptions today were a rookie doing stuff that worked for him in college and getting exposed by a solid defensive read and play. He's still doing the little things right, he looks off, he checks, he can change plays, he can play up tempo. Despite protestations to the contrary his arm is live and he has good placement and touch. He's just not been breaking records, but with his supporting cast I don't think anyone would be.

It's going to be a long turn around given Reich is running weird concepts and schemes on offense at times and the offensive line has not been playing well but there have been injuries there. The fear I have with Young is that there is already a tendency creeping into his game where he seems to be expecting pressure and gets a little yippy, had it last week and it happened again today on a couple of occasions. but I think with comfort and a little more time that will pass and he'll develop the habits he needs to.

Next week against the Dolphins will probably be a bit of a poo poo show for the franchise as a whole, but the week after is the Bye and then they face the Texans. My pie in the sky hope is that they use the Bye week effectively and actually start to utilise the concepts that are working a lot more and cutting away the dumb poo poo like the slow developing perimeter screens etc. They also need to be using Laviska Shenault a lot more. He's nothing special but he is fast and explosive and can make plays in space and I'd really like to see the team come up with four or five plays for him each week instead of 0.

Would you take Young over Caleb Williams+DJ Moore?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

I'm happy the Texans drafted CJ Stroud, because if we had only drafted Will Anderson, Jr. we'd still be bad.

I thought they were always going to take Stroud and that they were really trading the 1 for Anderson which is what I thought was a bad trade but it looks like he's pretty good PLUS stroud looks good so it sure looks good now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lawrence seems like a guy who will be the 9th best QB in the NFL for like 15 years. Never elite of the elite but always pretty good.