Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I remember saying Zach Wilson will bust because he has Jimmy Clauson face. I do not even know how to quantify that, but there is a face that makes you bad at football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I can only assume the people who think Garappolo is as good never watched a 49er game. I still have ptsd every time the ball travels more than 15 yards in the air that the camera will pan to 3 DBs waiting for it or it being out of range of the receiver by 5 yards.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

FUN FACT I picked up somewhere or another today:

Sunday's DET v SF game features the #1 overall pick versus the last overall pick with the starters at QB, Goff v Purdy

Surely this must have happened before unless something about a playoff game is missing in the statement. Fake edit, just looked at this year’s schedule: Murray and Stanford are in the same division, they played Mayfield, Lawrence, and Burrow this year. That covers the first round picks for 2009, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and I did not look at the last 3rd of last season when Purdy took over. The last pick starting QB is the hard part of that pairing to find, first round picks are a dime a dozen.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Coldforge posted:

I think maybe you misread the fun fact?

BiggerBoat posted:

QB's: 1st overall pick vs last overall pick starting in an NFL game

I must have read it incorrectly, but my brain is still not parsing the statement correctly, even with bolded words.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Papercut posted:

Jared Goff was selected with the very first pick in the draft, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year.

That is how I interpreted "overall" as well, but what is confusing me is that that statement true is for the examples I gave as well, but I must be interpreting the statement incorrectly since everyone is telling me so (without any playoff qualifiers).

Matt Stafford was selected with the very first pick, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year. They played each other 9/17/23.
Joe Burrow was selected with the very first pick, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year. They played each other 10/29/23.
Trevor Lawrence was selected with the very first pick, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year. They played each other 11/12/23.
Baker Mayfield was selected with the very first pick, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year. They played each other 11/19/23.
Kyler Murray was selected with the very first pick, no one was selected before him that year. Brock Purdy was selected with the very last pick of the draft, no one was drafted after him that year. They played each other 12/17/23.

It literally happened 3 games in a row earlier this year, so I was originally just trying to see where the novelty of that happening this game is (outside of Lions in the championship game). The hard part is getting a last overall pick who plays multiple games/seasons, after that every game is breaking some record because there have been 6 Mr. Irrelevant QBs in the Superbowl Era, and he is the only one that has actually played as far as I can tell without doing any research on the other 5, though I guess Chad Kelly took a knee once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

It's because you finished your statement with "first round picks are a dime a dozen," which I assume for other people implies that you are including any QB taken in the first round and not just QBs taken first overall.

I would think the specific examples I gave would override my imprecise wording, but it really does not matter enough to keep relitigating it.