Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Richardson doesn't dodge anyone when he runs and he's not built like Cam or Daniel Jones so when he gets hit he crumples and breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sometimes people just look really good at the combine ok

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's so many parroted stupid poo poo with the draft every single year because it's a spectacle now. You can probably bingo card the draft thread.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What would the Doltos bingo card quote be?

Telling people obvious poo poo that good players deserve to be drafted high and the logo on your helmet in college doesn't dictate your future, common sense poo poo that is somehow lost on morons that afk post draft pundit opinions

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Put mistaken about top QB

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forrest on Fire posted:

Will Levis is a future HS QB coach if you wanna be nice about it

Malik Willis is worthy of a first round pick if you wanna be mean

I should have known that patting a ball a lot is an indicator of failure regardless of how much Tom Brady does it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He had the meniscus tear once but other than that it was concussion protocol stuff. He doesn't need an injury history though considering he runs head first into people

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He was pretty good. The Giants d-line was crushing the Jets o-line all day too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
CJ Stroud is ROY and MVP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Stroud and Bryce are different QBs. Bryce was drafted for and will hopefully be used in a short yardage WCO that requires precision and anticipation. He's good at that in the NFL. His team is hot garbage fire and doesn't have the personnel to make him excel. Stroud is doing great but his team is also way better than people were giving them credit for in preseason. Nico Collins and Donovan People-Jones are both good pros that were held back in college by Shea Patterson so no one rates them on either of their teams. Tank Dell is playing great. They have a top 10 offensive line right now somehow despite half of them being injured. Way better coaching too. Stands to reason one of them is going to be playing better than the other. Hell Bryce wasn't even getting this much poo poo until week 8 which is pretty good for a rookie QB.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's hard being constantly right.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

i almost made a post about peoples-jones team also. mine was out of malice. i hate daltos and want him to look like the biggest fool out there

You're wrong

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

whos that broooown posted:

What's it like for you though

I'm sorry that I created animosity around me I'm not a very good actor as a poster and I have convictions that piss people off. I just try really hard to understand the x's and o's behind stuff and to give professionals reasonable trust.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's insane how many stupid charts numbers idiots need to figure out that Bryce Young has no time in the pocket whatsoever and is a rookie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Watching a whole Panthers game for the first time thoughts:

Bryce was getting bullied real bad and the refs weren't calling it. Constant late knock downs. Their line is complete rear end and looks worse than the Giants' somehow. Just a lack of talent. They're all gigantic but get shoved around like kids. The play calling was atrocious. They're trying to run speed concepts where they think their geriatric WRs and slow rookies can beat people to their spot. Reminds me of Adam Gase playcalling. There was a late shotgun call with empty protection on third and long during their 2 minute drill. I don't know why you'd ever do that to a rookie, especially with a crappy o-line. I don't know what they can do with their RB situation either. Miles Sanders is an atrocious pass blocker and neither him or Chubba can get anything behind the run blocking. Again I don't understand how an o-line that is that massive can't get any push.

Bryce is spooked as hell. His decision making is terrible right now. Constant throws into triple coverage. Should have ended with more picks but the Bears were stonehanded. He's forcing stuff so hard that it's making his accuracy look like crap.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LargeHadron posted:

For real, what is up with Young's dropback?

It takes forever and looks uncomfortable plus Icky is bailing out to the left in a wide slide a lot so that screams buy as much time as possible

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah that team shouldn't be running zone at all. That works a bit better for Bryce to let him tuck and run but they're killing the kid.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ignoring the Bryce/STroud comparisons for a minute, when was the last time a rookie QB looked as good as Stroud? He looks like loving Peyton Manning back there, it’s wild.

RG3

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Strouds MVP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Texans were supposed to be the cupcake schedule. They're playing out of their minds and Stroud looks completely legit. He's got the anticipation of Drew Brees and the body of some random guy off the street but the arm of a hawk and I lost the trail

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The offensive line is very very bad and Atlanta still managed four sacks on him in a game where Grady Jarrett blew his acl. No further explanation is required beyond that lol

I don't think Grady Jarrett is their guy anymore. It's Ebiketie and Dupree doing all the pass rushing and David Onyemata is their guy in the middle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mitch was pretty good in college and so was Howell.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fwiw I really don't like Drake Maye. I think he makes beautiful throws when he's got no pressure but the second there's adversity he fucks up horrifically. He also has a really long throwing mechanic that takes a while to get off compared to like McCarthy or Sanders or Caleb. I don't know how he's getting rated as the #1 right now it's perplexing, but it's still early.

I should start the draft thread.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Caleb has Manziel syndrome where everyone oohs and aahs over his deep ball after running around but they miss that he looked off two wide open shorter routes on third and 4. That being said he's Jalen Hurts with actual arm talent so I wouldn't worry too much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The draft thread is up bad draft thread poster

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
MVP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rosen taught me that if someone can't throw a slant at the combine then don't draft them

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bryce is a rookie on the worst team in the league yall need patience

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Stupid rear end draftniks like me forgot that Levis is 100% dawg

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
EPA is a garbage stat that tries to compare completely different personnel, eras, coaching styles, play calling, etc into one stat that tells you nothing. It's the worst stat to happen to football since QB completion percentage and most likely resulted in stupid analytic coaches like Brandon Staley.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The MVP is Raheem Mostert

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
QB names should be succinct without gimmicks. The Colt McCoys of the world stand no chance to be a quality NFL QB. The length of the first and last name should not exceed more than 4 syllables. Watch out for QBs whose first name is two syllables and their last name is one syllable. The Derek Carrs of the world will burn you.

Other things that matter with QB prospects that's a direct correlation to success: how many teammates congratulate them after a rushing TD, how hot their girlfriend is, how much dawg they possess, and can they ball?.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think my biggest problem with advanced stats is they're just all weighted formulas that are no poo poo things. Like of course if you get a lot of yards on a play you're going to have a higher EPA, which could easily just be measured by looking at the yards. It still says nothing about how those yards were gained.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I for one think they should give a second year to the guy that had the worst team in the league even outside whatever he did on the field

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

I hope the kid learns how to play football but I’ve seen enough disaster level rookie QB seasons to know that they pretty much never do.

He’s just too short. Maybe if he juices enough to approximate Kyler’s body type he can function but right now he’s a cautionary tale.

Plenty of QBs bounce back from terrible rookie seasons. It's insanely hard to play QB in the NFL and it takes time to adapt.

He's also not too short that's a weird thing to say considering that wasn't his problem this year. He had WRs that were put into a speed route offense that couldn't run those routes fast enough because they're all old and poo poo. He had to run for his life all the time because they were always covered. They had the absolute worst WR group in the league and it's astounding Thielen even put up the stats he did. I don't think he had problems seeing over the line or having his passes batted. He was tied with Mahomes and Josh Allen as the 30th most batted down QB this year with 6 compared to Howell and Mayfield with 19.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

He’s not getting passes batted down because he’s not even able to get out throws that could be batted lol

He had the 12th most attempts in the league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

Is this broken down by quarter anywhere? I wouldnt be surprised if half of his yards, attempts, completions came in the fourth when teams just dropped into prevent.

No matter the game situation he was more than happy to just dump it off underneath for five yards in the middle of the field.

No but tangently related if anyone has an uber stats site that has a ton of advanced statistics without a paywall holler at ya boy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

My point was about what kind of attempts those were. He’s not even making throws over engaged blockers that might get batted down.

I think it's perfectly fine to escape a pocket and throw a pass in the NFL, you'll find that Mahomes does the exact same thing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm confused. So apparently he's too short but doesn't get balls batted down, he doesn't attempt those throws even though he's in the top half of the league in attempts, and we're demonizing him because he rolls out of a zone blocking pocket that hasn't been effective all season with WRs that are blanketed immediately despite other QBs having the same exact playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That was my thought as well. Who are all these great QB's that had disastrous rookie seasons? And please don't tell me Peyton Manning.

You're not allowed to say Peyton Manning even though he's an example? That's kind of selective bias right there.

List of QBs that had a near statistical season as Bryce their rookie year or way worse that are starting right now:

Jared Goff
Josh Allen
Matthew Stafford
Jalen Hurts
Geno Smith
Kirk Cousins
Joe Flacco
Ryan Tannehill

Historical QBs that had a worse rookie season:
Peyton Manning
Steve Young
Alex Smith
Troy Aikman
Terry Bradshaw

Should I keep going or is this going to change your mind at all?