Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I hope everyone appreciates the restraint it took for me to not make the thread title a reference to the Year of Mahiro which will no doubt be starting tomorrow.

We're just over 12 hours away from the biggest show of the year to cap off a decade since Miyu, Kanna and Chikage first took to the mats in Akihabara. Since then the roster has ballooned (with 28 active wrestlers on the show poster) and a new generation of wrestlers has emerged to finally break the triumvirate at the top of the card, led by that loving rabbit (and current PoP champion) Mizuki. And while Yuka is off injured with one foot out of the promotion and Shoko is down the card, there remains the final boss of TJPW for Mizuki to conquer in order to clear a path for a new future. The last of the first generation, Miyu Yamashita. Miyu has already beat Mizuki once this year in the first round of the Princess Cup, in fact the last time Mizuki beat Miyu in a singles match was more than two years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Miyu one more run with the belt but this would be a fantastic time to give Mizuki the marquee defence she's yet to have this reign.

The semi-main will see a double title match, as International Princess Champ Rika Tatsumi takes on NWA Women's TV Champ Max the Impaler. Now, we all know RIka is a vicious unhinged monster bent only on destruction, but Max is Max. Rika's will find it difficult to choke Max if they're ragdolling Rika from one side of the ring to the other. Have to think Max wins the belt and takes it on a tour of other promotions in the same way they did earlier this year as part of Wasteland War Party, but hey, maybe Rika's dream is to go to America and work a Powerrr taping.

The third title on the line are the tag belts, currently vacated after Yuka (and Mizkui) had to give them up due to injury. The two teams fighting out for them have never won the titles before and won qualifying matches to get here, Free Wifi over Kyoraku Kyomei and Toyo Mates over Daisy Monkey. Expect hair pulls and eye pokes and for only one person to be apologising for this breaking of the rules. Very much torn here over my love for Nao Kakuta and my love for Mahiro Kiryu, so imagine me as that guy holding up the sign hoping both teams have fun.

There's going to be some fun stuff further down the card as well. Karate Girls explode as Juria continues to search for her first singles win. Aniki is back for Miu to swing again while Aino and Arai batter each other for Yuki supremacy. Nyla Rose is back after a disappointing match last time to face Itoh who has spent nearly as much time in GCW than TJPW this year. Raku is once again teaming with her biggest fan Aja Kong and new devotee Shino to face Misao, WAKANAAAAAAA and Toga. Ganbare Joshi are invading once again, although flagbearer Yuna Manase has been out with injury for most of this year so her spot is being filled by rookie Riara making her first appearance outside of her home promotion. And finally, six months on from when they first debuted in an 8-woman tag, Runa Okubo and Haru Kazeshiro will be opening the show in the biggest singles match of either of their young lives (they are both 15). Both looking for their first singles win, Haru is also looking for her breakout match after fellow child Runa had that surprisingly hard hitting match with Hikari a couple of months ago.

Oh, and NEO Biishiki-gun might be making their last appearance in the company. Very sad.

Watch the show Here on Wrestle Universe. Commentary will be done by Baliyan Akki and equal 3rd place on this month's champ of the month poll Chris Brookes
Read the preview here, or for those more into video JoShizzle has one up on youtube

They didn't do posters for every match like they have in the past but the one's we have are as usual really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Should be a good show! Or at least fun. When's it start, 12 hours from now?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yep, 2pm JST start so 12 hours and 12 minutes from this post

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
stupid having work tomorrow, i can't watch :(

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Digital Jedi posted:

stupid having work tomorrow, i can't watch :(

Same. It's not even reasonable to catch the early Namba... :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
please win mahiro
please win mizuki

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?
I'll be stuck having to wait and watch tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to the show.

There's also this happening:
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1710958466662281621

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kazashiro
hasegawa/riara/harukaze
nagano
uehara/toga/hyper misao
aniki/aino
kaiju/pom/suzume/honda
rose
kamifuku/kiryu
rika
yamashita

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still trying to will into existence the timeline where Maki Itoh correctly defeated Mizuki for the title :mad:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the right woman won

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

the right woman won

It's working, the correct timeline is coming into being! :woop:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i been going through raku withdraws, im ready.
also toga is going to try to use the elbow on aja, that is going to be funny.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

No work tomorrow means Wrestle Princess tonight. Looking forward to the Toga / Aja Kong fireworks factory.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stream is live

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

N A M B A

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Odd choice of arena, usually when there's no tiered seating there's only a couple hundred people in the audience. Makes this place look way smaller than previous WP venues

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

UP UP

Waving my Raku towel wildly

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Let's kick the night off with child violence!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I really should be asleep but I'm not so here I am!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm picking Runa today, I like her music better.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Love a good rookie battle

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Runa is the next generation pint sized powerhouse so will be cheering for her also

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Runa looks cool, cheering for her

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

For two actual children 6 months into their career that was real good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This music is hilarious

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Promising rookies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

duckdealer posted:

I really should be asleep but I'm not so here I am!

I was asleep but now I'm not and I'm here too! :woop:

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
It's been cool watching them get more and more comfortable being in the ring and getting used to just laying it in.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Team GanJo!

They're not fantastic in the ring

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's irresponsible to chug an entire bottle of champagne before a match! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But can they defeat TAXI!, BIRD! and.... Arisu Endo!?!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It's irresponsible to chug an entire bottle of champagne before a match! :aaa:

it's the fancy version of a Sandman entrance.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I hope someone has been tracking Arisu's hair colors in a spreadsheet or something.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

I hope someone has been tracking Arisu's hair colors in a spreadsheet or something.

I just look at my avatar as every day we drift further from god

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These evil hostesses(???) have a lot to answer for!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

RIP the skin on Endo's back

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pure taxi strength

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol, drilled her with that dropkick

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!