Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

She stays out all the time. I find her in different spots from time to time. She likes the windows and behind the couch

I love Abby

E: snipe tax, some of my recent finds:

Droogie fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

. The story goes that Santa had Abby in his workshop. She wasn't done and then somehow got into Santas bag. He tried at every house to find a place for Abby but each time she was so afraid of being left alone

Santa gets to our house, sees the note and cookies my kiddo left out for Santa. In reading the note he remarks how such a kind young girl would be the best home for a Fraidy Cat such as Abby.

Low n behold, Abby slowly creeps out of the sack, takes a look and with a reassuring nod from Santa, Abby took her place. Nestled in the branches of the tree is where we found her that morning.

Shes not perfect, but we love her just the same.

It's a great way to teach the kiddos that come over (my wife does childcare) that weird isnt bad. Everyone and everything is capable and worthy of love.

Creepy tax!

A CupieDoll Cuthulu I made

And BonaLisa I did not make

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 17, 2023

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Beer_Suitcase posted:

. The story goes that Santa had Abby in his workshop. She wasn't done and then somehow got into Santas bag. He tried at every house to find a place for Abby but each time she was so afraid of being left alone

Santa gets to our house, sees the note and cookies my kiddo left out for Santa. In reading the note he remarks how such a kind young girl would be the best home for a Fraidy Cat such as Abby.

Low n behold, Abby slowly creeps out of the sack, takes a look and with a reassuring nod from Santa, Abby took her place. Nestled in the branches of the tree is where we found her that morning.

Shes not perfect, but we love her just the same.

It's a great way to teach the kiddos that come over (my wife does childcare) that weird isnt bad. Everyone and everything is capable and worthy of love.

This is so wonderful :3:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

More:

A horse skull I have put on display in a little weird inter-wall flythrough. Found. Kind of. A museum was literally throwing it in the trash.

A weird little dog. Found.

A cat, didn't notice how blurry the photo was until I got to work. Accidentally found.  So, my wife and I bought the house she grew up in, and when doing some planting of new plants, I hit an old blanket that was apparently mostly acrylic. Pulled it out of the ground and whoops- dug up a childhood cat of hers. It's okay, though, we both thought it was pretty funny. 

A hamster. Bought. The skull, not a physical hamster to harvest the skull. That's sick. 

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Love these and the descriptions!

Droogie posted:

More:

A museum was literally throwing it in the trash.

It looks like it has a little skull face in the back of the skull

And that’s wild a museum was throwing it out.

30 years ago i was walking by a church with some friends and realized they were throwing out all of their candle stands. I have one still, something like this, but with a collection box

E- oh hey that one does have a collection box durrr

I wish I could have kept one of the larger ones.

Edit- my gf calls it “the catholic thing” and doesn’t get why I’d want it. Shes great but I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t want it

quote:

A cat, didn't notice how blurry the photo was until I got to work. Accidentally found.  So, my wife and I bought the house she grew up in, and when doing some planting of new plants, I hit an old blanket that was apparently mostly acrylic. Pulled it out of the ground and whoops- dug up a childhood cat of hers. It's okay, though, we both thought it was pretty funny. 

Haha holy poo poo that’s amazing, I’m glad she wasn’t traumatized by it

quote:

A hamster. Bought. The skull, not a physical hamster to harvest the skull. That's sick. 

Maybe it’s ok if you buy a dead hamster for skull harvesting, but it’s good you didn’t have to

Snowy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 18, 2023

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Snowy posted:

30 years ago i was walking by a church with some friends and realized they were throwing out all of their candle stands. I have one still, something like this, but with a collection box

I wish I could have kept one of the larger ones.

This is amazing. Would absolutely have that in my home or in my porch.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Creepy tax!

A CupieDoll Cuthulu I made

I missed this before but nice work :)

I have the same cupie doll but with some bullet holes in it from when a friend of a friend invited us to go shooting in the woods somewhere in NJ. We had to make a quick stop to find some targets, now my friend and I both have bullet ridden cupies from the 90s

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Snowy posted:

I hope you wear that!!

I don't, actually. It lives on the statue of Pan in the background of that picture.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Droogie posted:

My exterior jaw pile. I should probably note at this point that I'm not a hunter or anything, I just love wandering nature and you find a lot of cool poo poo if you're in tune with it
We found a couple deer skulls last year, and brought them home to use as decorations. I wanted to bleach them, so I did some research and found that I needed to go buy some peroxide gel that's usually used for dyeing hair. So I go to Sally Beauty, and I've come up with this cover story that I'm buying it for my girlfriend so I don't have to tell some poor shop girl that I'm bleaching animal skulls like a budding serial killer. I start browsing, can't find it, and this young girl comes up and asks what I'm looking for, and I'm preparing my cover story in my head, and I tell her peroxide, and she goes "Bleaching deer skulls I assume?"

Apparently in this area full of hunters, I am not the first man to walk into Sally Beauty Supply asking for peroxide.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

You might just have the unmistakeable look of a skull bleacher. Be proud!

Swamp
Oct 4, 2023
Here's some of my collection. The raccoon (middle of the smaller skulls) and the goat skull I found and cleaned myself.

The smaller skull on the right is an opossum skull. I bought this one "beetle cleaned" off Etsy, so I still had to degrease and whiten it myself. The small one of the left is a fisher cat skull, and it was a gift.

Plus, a dodge needle injector once used for embalming. I bought this at an antique shop.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I love all the weird stuff in this thread. I may have a few things left.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't more goons with more weird, creepy things around.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Droogie posted:

I love all the weird stuff in this thread. I may have a few things left.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't more goons with more weird, creepy things around.

I love them too and I’m sad I can’t take more pictures at home now that I’m in caregiver mode all of a sudden. :smith:

I’ll keep digging in my photos for weird stuff I have in the meantime. The cool skulls and embalming needle a few posts up reminded me of when I was minorly obsessed with the Van Dyke’s taxidermy catalog. I was buying lots of stuff for weird art projects and home decoration.

I got this bear form with the teeth and tongue installed, my plan was to mount it on the wall. spackle the seam, and paint it the wall color so it’s like the wall is bursting out to eat me. I was busy and my dad said he wanted it so he turned it into a “hound of the Baskervilles” which looks a little insane.

I had a pile of various eyes so I used these ones, mountain lion I think, to make some cufflinks. I love them.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe this isn’t quite creepy, but I’m trying :)

This is part of my vintage crack vial collection, I found them all myself in uptown NYC in the early 90s

My favorites were either the ones with crown tops or the ones that were shaped like little rockets

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

i could never find them with the lids :(

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Snowy posted:

Maybe this isn’t quite creepy, but I’m trying :)

This is part of my vintage crack vial collection, I found them all myself in uptown NYC in the early 90s

My favorites were either the ones with crown tops or the ones that were shaped like little rockets

I've never seen these before!

...we were a heroin city at that time.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I make some creepy stuff, though there's a dearth of it right now. workshop is full of spiders and dust:

various bones. the first year I moved here, squirrels dragged a cat skull into the yard. the next year, they dragged in a cat femur. I was hoping that after 200 years I'd have a complete cat skeleton, but they stopped:

my brother made this kiln shed guardian out of some cow skulls from our cousins' house in suburban Austin TX. squirrels have eaten some of it. the squirrels might be the real creepy thing here:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I need more spooky items, personally

If you can read this, I made a mistake.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Empty Sandwich posted:

I make some creepy stuff, though there's a dearth of it right now. workshop is full of spiders and dust:

various bones. the first year I moved here, squirrels dragged a cat skull into the yard. the next year, they dragged in a cat femur. I was hoping that after 200 years I'd have a complete cat skeleton, but they stopped:

my brother made this kiln shed guardian out of some cow skulls from our cousins' house in suburban Austin TX. squirrels have eaten some of it. the squirrels might be the real creepy thing here:

Holy poo poo those ceramics are incredible!! Is there somewhere I can see more of them? So good

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Wasn't there a goon years ago that made significant income from finding/cleaning/selling skulls? Or is this the same person?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Snowy posted:

Holy poo poo those ceramics are incredible!! Is there somewhere I can see more of them? So good

thank you! Etsy shop has the most current pics: http://pottery.biz

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Empty Sandwich posted:

thank you! Etsy shop has the most current pics: http://pottery.biz

I’m coveting all of them right now. Down the road once this entertainment strike ends I’d love to buy one for a gift. They’re fantastically trippy, like the church jug. All the faces are cool, I really like the guy with the house on his face, I reminds me of this guy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Snowy posted:

All the faces are cool, I really like the guy with the house on his face, I reminds me of this guy

thank you again!

what is this dude from? this feels like something I need to see

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Still excavating from my old photos,

I have lots of small weird collections of things that I used to save, I habit I have luckily mostly broken by now or I’d be even more swamped with crap.

Here’s some creepyish newspapers I saved

And a few I found on the street

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Empty Sandwich posted:

thank you again!

what is this dude from? this feels like something I need to see

It’s from Time Bandits

https://youtu.be/9zpzGledub8?si=xlntL12GAAaXnsKU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

well, poo poo. I've seen it, but not since I was 12

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Here's a creepy sort of thing-

on a wedding anniversary, must have been the first or second anniversary, we went to this little fancy hole-in-the-wall place, one where they know it's an event kind of place, most people there are on very fancy dates or anniversaries. Our waiter came around as I was gifting this to my wife, and in that too-showy awe-struck way, asked what she received when as it was opened. I had wrapped it so the box was open when unwrapped, and she very proudly showed it to this guy, who was immediately confused.
"What... is it?" He asked.

My wife then said "It's a key to seal a casket!"

The waiter gave a quiet "oh" before falling silent and sort of backing away. But hey, that's love.

Dip Viscous posted:

Wasn't there a goon years ago that made significant income from finding/cleaning/selling skulls? Or is this the same person?

Wasn't me, but that sounds like the dream. I went for a desert wander yesterday after work, and I found the following:

Large goat 1

Medium goat 2

Smaller goat 3

Most of a large dog skull.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A while back my dad and his auctioneer friend in Ireland tried to get into exporting Irish furniture to the US. Neither of them really knew what they were doing with that and it didn’t really work out, but my dad did receive a 40 foot container completely packed with old Irish stuff.

One of those things was a wooden box full of old human bones. My dad was under the impression that it was an old police evidence box, but I’m not sure where he got that idea.

Now I’d like to find a respectful way to dispose of these but I don’t know what that would be yet. If anyone has advice on that I’d love to hear it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Droogie posted:

Here's a creepy sort of thing-

on a wedding anniversary, must have been the first or second anniversary, we went to this little fancy hole-in-the-wall place, one where they know it's an event kind of place, most people there are on very fancy dates or anniversaries. Our waiter came around as I was gifting this to my wife, and in that too-showy awe-struck way, asked what she received when as it was opened. I had wrapped it so the box was open when unwrapped, and she very proudly showed it to this guy, who was immediately confused.
"What... is it?" He asked.

My wife then said "It's a key to seal a casket!"

The waiter gave a quiet "oh" before falling silent and sort of backing away. But hey, that's love.

Adorable :3: sounds like you really found a keeper!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Snowy posted:

Now I’d like to find a respectful way to dispose of these but I don’t know what that would be yet. If anyone has advice on that I’d love to hear it

Do you know a mortician ? You could call a funeral home and ask them.

Edit: imma ask my cemetery buddy

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 26, 2023

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Do you know a mortician ? You could call a funeral home and ask them.

Edit: imma ask my cemetery buddy

I don’t know a mortician sadly, and I don’t really want to end up getting a visit from the cops so I’m a little hesitant about contacting people like that. I’d love to hear what your cemetery buddy says.

My gf wants to contact the Irish police and consulate, we’ll see what actually happens

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Snowy posted:

I’d love to hear what your cemetery buddy says.

My gf wants to contact the Irish police and consulate, we’ll see what actually happens

This is similar to what cemetery buddy said. It's not something they have had to deal with. Crematoriums and cemeteries do require permits to official dispose of each "set" of remains. Your local municipality may have their own set of rules n stuff.

I say you just write "the bad ones" on the box and just put it in the attic before you move. It's not a good idea but could be fun in the future (for someone else)

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Snowy posted:

A while back my dad and his auctioneer friend in Ireland tried to get into exporting Irish furniture to the US. Neither of them really knew what they were doing with that and it didn’t really work out, but my dad did receive a 40 foot container completely packed with old Irish stuff.

One of those things was a wooden box full of old human bones. My dad was under the impression that it was an old police evidence box, but I’m not sure where he got that idea.

Just ship them my way and I'll uh, be sure to pass it along to the correct authorities. Yeah, that's the ticket.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
How close are you to Detroit? I have a closet you could dispose of them in.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I don't think anyone will top "box of human bones" itt

I'd love to know their story. Have you tried casting "speak with dead"

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Snowy posted:

There is an oddities shop in my city that deals things like this, if it were me I guess I would try to sell them there. Hope your dad had the necessary permits to import human remains.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

kreeningsons posted:

There is an oddities shop in my city that deals things like this, if it were me I guess I would try to sell them there. Hope your dad had the necessary permits to import human remains.

I don’t want to sell them, and he had no idea they would be in there. It was a wild bunch of stuff, things packed into any open space. Most of it was on the more tasteful side but there was also a coffin

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Snowy posted:

I don’t want to sell them, and he had no idea they would be in there. It was a wild bunch of stuff, things packed into any open space. Most of it was on the more tasteful side but there was also a coffin

You're too much. I'm so jealous, you're living the dream SCREAM

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

Those are some lucky finds!

Also, I wanna come over, your house is cool :)

I don’t have a lot of skulls but I like this one, my dad brought it back from a trip but I can’t remember where he got it. The lid flips open, I should have taken a second picture

This is a kapala, a Tibetan Buddhist ritual cup. If it's real, it's worth a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Droogie posted:

You're too much. I'm so jealous, you're living the dream SCREAM

Sadly I don’t have my stuff on display as much as you do, my gf has much more normal taste. It’s not that I hide it all but I keep it a little toned down I guess

Skrillmub posted:

This is a kapala, a Tibetan Buddhist ritual cup. If it's real, it's worth a lot.

I kinda doubt it’s an expensive relic knowing my dad, but on the other hand knowing him anything is possible. Got any advice for kapala authentication?