  • Post
Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Big fan of these 3-card pokemon booster packs

I think once as a kid I got a little pack of halloween themed crayons, that was fun

Another time I got a pack of instant oatmeal and that one was less good

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
apples

preferably without razor blades!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Those little plastic spider rings

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

When I was a kid one of my neighbors gave out these things

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
anti-halloween chick tracts

never said they were going to be good treats

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

World Famous W posted:

anti-halloween chick tracts

never said they were going to be good treats

I think it's implied in the word "treat". If the treat is bad then it is inherently not a treat and the person giving it under such a term should be scorned.

That said I want some of these freaky little dudes or some dino toys as a treat.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Grey Cat posted:

I think it's implied in the word "treat". If the treat is bad then it is inherently not a treat and the person giving it under such a term should be scorned.
the egging of my house shall continue

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

World Famous W posted:

apples

preferably without razor blades!
If they can stuff them with weed instead, that's a good treat

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Okay I was sceptical, but those pokemon boosters are cool. That would made made my day as a kid.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

i usually give out glowsticks

people tell me that's dumb but the kids seem to like them a lot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A guy I know offers spooky kids books for trick-or-treaters at Halloween, he calls it All Hallows Read. He builds up a big collection of dozens and dozens of books during the year (and has a whole lot of people who grab books for him when they spot any going cheap) and apparently it's always a big hit with the neighbourhood kids. A lot of the local kids have been getting books from him for the past several years and look forwards to it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Aw gently caress yeah

Th3drow
Oct 2, 2007
real men play with lightbright's
Stickers have been fun now and then as a cheap thorw-in, those finger puppets are still the best though.

Computer?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
We are doing the pokemon boosters, fun-sized play dohs with a variety of wacky mix-ins, and bags of gummy bears.

I always like the idea of giving non-candy treats, partly because the Mars co. mixes of candy have so saturated the market that I feel like kids must be getting the same five candies everywhere, but mostly because I remember when I was a trick-or-treater, getting a weird little toy or activity was like a multiplier of the perceived value of my haul. Sure, I had tons of candy, but now I had something to do as well, or something I could keep!

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
educational pamphlets about our lord and savior

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anonymous Robot posted:

I always like the idea of giving non-candy treats, partly because the Mars co. mixes of candy have so saturated the market that I feel like kids must be getting the same five candies everywhere,

Yes! Even when I was a kid in the 90s those mixes were getting steadily more ubiquitous and I hate to give a whole holiday over to Mars, or worse, Nestlé. I swear to god the whole "don't trust a treat that isn't prepackaged" thing was engineered by them.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This isn't the right place to post this but I'm on Android app and I can't make a new post so...

My mom got this for her Halloween the is year. Half off at Michaels today.

It's a cat that is motion sensitive and screams at anyone waking by.. sound on,

https://i.imgur.io/lNlAEYN.mp4

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Who doesn't love stamps!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
As best I can remember I never, ever got a non-candy treat as a kid. I definitely like the idea, though. (I loved the Pokémon Trick-or-Trades until I found out it was just existing cards re-issued and marked with a promo stamp in the corner. C'mon, guys, at least do custom artwork for the holiday.)

Buttchocks posted:

Who doesn't love stamps!

"...I don't get it."
"That's a demon. She's in Hell, kid, and that's where she came from."

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

btw if you have a stock of non-food things for trick or treaters you can signal it with a teal pumpkin, helps out kids with food allergies https://www.foodallergy.org/our-initiatives/awareness-campaigns/living-teal/teal-pumpkin-project

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Buttchocks posted:

Who doesn't love stamps!

Is this a real thing people give out??

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dip Viscous posted:

btw if you have a stock of non-food things for trick or treaters you can signal it with a teal pumpkin, helps out kids with food allergies https://www.foodallergy.org/our-initiatives/awareness-campaigns/living-teal/teal-pumpkin-project

My mom got a teal pumpkin a couple years back not knowing a drat thing about this, just liking the color.

To her credit she stocked it up right after I told her, but wow she lives in a different world sometimes.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

My mom got a teal pumpkin a couple years back not knowing a drat thing about this, just liking the color.

To her credit she stocked it up right after I told her, but wow she lives in a different world sometimes.

Tbf this is the first time in my life I've heard of the teal pumpkin thing

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My daughter's school is pretty full-on against allergens so I probably had a far earlier tip-off than some.

My mom just likes garish colors, she's got searing purple lights and a Mackenzie-Childs checkered jack-o'-lantern for decor and it's like Tim Burton was an old lady. She probably just saw teal at Target and went for it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Your mom sounds cool as hell

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

btw if you have a stock of non-food things for trick or treaters you can signal it with a teal pumpkin, helps out kids with food allergies https://www.foodallergy.org/our-initiatives/awareness-campaigns/living-teal/teal-pumpkin-project

whoa this is extremely cool

I try to have sugar free stuff for kiddos because my BIL is diabetic, but I'll admit I never even thought about food allergen kids

time to go grab a case of lego minifigures and a teal pumpkin for the porch!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the biggest Halloween treat of all? is spending time with our beloved friends. and gaming

*~*~*~*~*~*~
IF YOU'RE READING THIS THE BXTCH FELL OF

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the biggest Halloween treat of all? is spending time with our beloved friends. and gaming

fr... iends?

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pickles are pretty good treats. Like, in general. Probably not for Halloween.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Individual pickled cherry peppers in decorative cellophane twists

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Killingyouguy! posted:

Big fan of these 3-card pokemon booster packs

I think once as a kid I got a little pack of halloween themed crayons, that was fun

Another time I got a pack of instant oatmeal and that one was less good

Hell yeah saw these at Target and for 20 bucks it felt like a fun addition to giving out candy

I will not disclose how many I opened myself

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

Individual pickled cherry peppers in decorative cellophane twists

A good way to get some free seasonal toilet paper decoration.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

World Famous W posted:

apples

preferably without razor blades!

i was gonna say just give DRUGS THERE COULD BE DRUGS IN THE CANDY OR RAZORS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

dear parents, as I do every year I will be passing out packs of razorblades for the kids who need or want to shave. If you have a child who does not need or want to shave or has other medical reasons to not be around razors, PLEASE avoid my house. Please DO NOT shame hirsute children on Halloween any more than they already experience on other days, for instance by calling police(!?) as I've experienced other years.

Posted to Nextdoor by Harry Merkin

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

All the Burger Kings in Detroit closed so I stopped in when I took my boyfriend to his doctor's appointment exorcism in Dearborn. Found this beauty.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the Ghost Pepper Whopper kicks rear end btw. great NCT for adults with cash

*~*~*~*~*~*~
IF YOU'RE READING THIS THE BXTCH FELL OF

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The Pokemon cards would be sick. I'd be stoked if I got those as a kid.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Killingyouguy! posted:

Big fan of these 3-card pokemon booster packs

I checked my local game store and those packs only come in sets of 50 and their store only ordered 6 sets, which will be available from tomorrow and can't be pre-ordered. Hopefully I manage to snag a set otherwise I'll have to run all around the city trying to find some.

They looked pretty surprised when I said I was actually buying them for trick or treaters and not for myself. :v:

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4