Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Borsche69 posted:

the giants scored a 3 offnesive tds against hte cardinals

oh i guess the stat is "no offensive tds in the first half" which isnt as funny :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

oh i guess the stat is "no offensive tds in the first half" which isnt as funny :(

i mean, the stat of 'they have only scored offensive tds in one game' and also 'theyve only scored tds in 2 games at all' are both funny stats. keep your chin up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/1713706043665178904

The Pats mediocre receivers and Parkers no-good-very-bad drop got me to thinking; excluding QBs, who is the worst player that stuck around undeservedly as a starter? Like who is the most mediocre journeyman skill player that just had a much longer career than they had any right to. And I don't mean big stars that fell off and stuck around past their expiration date. Someone who was never really that good to begin with.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tavon Austin had a 9 year career

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Anthony Becht was a 1st round pick and had an 11 year career as a TE. He had just over 1500 receiving yards in his entire career, with a season high of 356.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Trent Dilfer was around for 13 years

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Pats mediocre receivers and Parkers no-good-very-bad drop got me to thinking; excluding QBs, who is the worst player that stuck around undeservedly as a starter? Like who is the most mediocre journeyman skill player that just had a much longer career than they had any right to. And I don't mean big stars that fell off and stuck around past their expiration date. Someone who was never really that good to begin with.

mac jones

*takes off mcmagic mask*

Laquon Treadwell is technically still in the league dining out on that first round pedigree. Through 8 seasons he has 1200 yards and 5 TDs

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Does Ravens practice squad as a WR count as still in the league?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The first names that came to my mind were offensive linemen, guys like John Jerry, Marshall Newhouse, and Bobby Hart. Jerry I think was okay at one point, Newhouse was not, and Bobby Hart was a guy that everyone winced at. Pretty sure all were on the Giants around the same time in like 2015.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kalli posted:

Tavon Austin had a 9 year career

Diva Cupcake posted:

Anthony Becht was a 1st round pick and had an 11 year career as a TE. He had just over 1500 receiving yards in his entire career, with a season high of 356.

loving back to back attacks on WVU, this thread is targeting me personally.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CydsFM0OZdQ/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

The first names that came to my mind were offensive linemen, guys like John Jerry, Marshall Newhouse, and Bobby Hart. Jerry I think was okay at one point, Newhouse was not, and Bobby Hart was a guy that everyone winced at. Pretty sure all were on the Giants around the same time in like 2015.

Oh god I can't remember who it was, there was some Chiefs OT that was forced to play way too early and it was like why is this man employable for an NFL team.

10 years later he's the starting LT for the Jags or someone and...still not good in any fashion. I had a solid 'this MFs still in the league?' moment there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god I can't remember who it was, there was some Chiefs OT that was forced to play way too early and it was like why is this man employable for an NFL team.

10 years later he's the starting LT for the Jags or someone and...still not good in any fashion. I had a solid 'this MFs still in the league?' moment there.

Either John Tait or Jordan Black?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Tait was the one I was thinking of, nice pull.

Like, this man was bad at football on an NFL level.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He was also part of those early 2000s KC lines with multiple HOFers so he was in a good spot to be lovely

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The Englishman Jack Crawford inexplicably enjoyed a 10 year career, appearing in 109 games.

Best known for looking like a defensive lineman, he played as a tweener across the line. He tried very hard and even intercepted a pass once.

I saw him play a lot on some really bad Cowboys defenses.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1713957230314188899?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So we're all in agreement the owner made him do that right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I doubt David Tepper even knows what his team’s record is this season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hope Brown can do something with that offense.

Then leverage that to be a HC somewhere.

Considering there's only three other black HC's in the NFL, it's something that Brown gets a chance.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If brown turns around the offense then reich is going to get an offseason promotion to a front office role.

Kalli posted:

So we're all in agreement the owner made him do that right?

Most likely, but they have a bye next week so this is the most sensible time to do it and it would be hard to lie to yourself about how things have gone.

Panthers beat writer pointed out that brown helped reich build this offense though. He has a hand in the structural problems.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gonz posted:

I doubt David Tepper even knows what his team’s record is this season.

Oh he knows. He's in the Daniel Snyder tier of meddling.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh jeez, they had a McVay disciple on the staff this whole time and they're only now letting him run the offense?

I don't think McVay's tree has been as successful as Kyle Shanahan but they're all coming from the same roots so I'll be interested to see how this turns out

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yes frank, we all remember the “hint.” So subtle too. Barely perceptible.

https://twitter.com/daringantt/status/1713971064705867998?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Because everything this franchise has done this year has showed that they love making plans and following through with them

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

fartknocker posted:

Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola, both OL, were Matt Millen's first two draft picks as Lions GM. I'm not smart enough to point to numbers on good/bad OL play but I remember cursing both of these guys' names for at least a decade. They were starters that whole time!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

It cannot possibly get worse, so gently caress yea.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Does Ravens practice squad as a WR count as still in the league?

Yes cause it means he'll be starting in 3 weeks when everyone in front of him is on IR

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

C-Euro posted:

Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola, both OL, were Matt Millen's first two draft picks as Lions GM. I'm not smart enough to point to numbers on good/bad OL play but I remember cursing both of these guys' names for at least a decade. They were starters that whole time!

God drat, raiola was one of the biggest aholes around, and I think his son is a highly rated QB, so guess he'll be back annoying me soon.Backus was always just kinda hovering around 20th best OT in the league.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

Yes cause it means he'll be starting in 3 weeks when everyone in front of him is on IR

Jokes on you, they would only need elevate him from the practice squad. Which they already did two weeks ago :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

News: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-aaron-rodgers-on-pace-for-unprecedented-return-possibly-as-soon-as-week-12-injury-expert-says/

Views: it’s going to be extremely funny if he comes back week 12 and then his leg falls off on the fifth snap of the game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man is going to repeat rebreaking his collar bone so we can get more qb protections. A true philanthropist

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
woof

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1713980366799683910?s=20

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It cannot possibly get worse, so gently caress yea.

I do not want to find out what happens if you're wrong.

0-17 would be terrible, but I don't think it's the absolute bottom

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOv3b3cYTQ

Good video on the RB position slowly dying

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That sounds ominous. Hypothetically if the Bears get the #1 pick either through themselves or the Panthers there’s a non-zero chance he’s done as Bears QB. If he has surgery.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1713978188018200809?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Must see tv

Shinji2015 posted:

I do not want to find out what happens if you're wrong.

0-17 would be terrible, but I don't think it's the absolute bottom

Reich has straight up forgotten what personnel he puts on the field multiple times. It’s not going to get worse. It might not improve but it’s genuinely hard to get worse at this point.

And Fields is done in Chicago. They’re absolutely going to cash in their two insanely high draft picks on a QB and some D-lineman or use the second pick to trade down and try to reload

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Genuinely curious if any team will take a flyer on Fields, even as a backup.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Android Apocalypse posted:

Genuinely curious if any team will take a flyer on Fields, even as a backup.

I think he'd be a good fit for Atlanta if they finish out of the running for the QBs in the draft, obviously contingent on if his thumb heals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Of course they will. Backup QB is a land of retreads and no hopers, he'll have plenty of suitors who want to see if they can unfuck him, as will Zach Wilson, as will Mac Jones.

Top prospects really gotta prove they ain't got it before they're done. You gotta be JaMarcus level suck rear end to not get at least a 2nd chance.