Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs haven't worn them since 2009. That year the 4-3 Packers came to town to face the 0-7 Bucs. In Josh Freeman's first career start the Bucs upset the Packers 38-28 as Freeman out-dueled Aaron Rodgers.

Hopefully they can pull of another upset this week.

I was referring to the OG creamsicle uniforms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

I sometimes wonder if Rodgers is less of a libertarian edgelord than he is completely desperate for attention. Maybe there's no appreciable difference.

Think about the people in your life with similar thought patterns and you will find your answer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Anderson Koopa posted:

Good news everyone! The Patriots have Bailey Zappe, Will Greer, and Malik Cunningham around somewhere. With 12 games left, each QB only has to be able to finish 3 games apiece. They've got this under control.

I hadn't thought of Malik Cunningham in a minute.

I mean that would be...something to try. Won't work, but it'd be different.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Aaron Rodgers is a mentally unhealthy, brain-wormed turd. Feel free to quote that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a mentally unhealthy, brain-wormed turd. Feel free to quote that.

I feel free

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

more than anything, he is a fraud.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

epic bacon posted:

more than anything, he is a fraud.

I mean he's actually a good QB, right? So he isn't really a fraud.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i call him Aaron Fraudgers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He's not currently a good QB and there's certainly no promise that he will ever be a good QB again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He at one point was a great qb. That point was a while ago.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember when the announcers on the Toy Story game made fun of Rodgers

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm a huge supporter of psychedelics for therapeutic or recreational use but Qaron is probably a case where doing way too much will rot your brain.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mushrooms are good and I’m thankful I stopped there. One too many of em and apparently you’re in a tent drinking dirt in the pitch black and spewing nonsense

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

I hadn't thought of Malik Cunningham in a minute.

I mean that would be...something to try. Won't work, but it'd be different.

Let's do it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mcmagic posted:

He is not going to be a good QB ever again.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

GD_American posted:

Random-rear end fact: Brandon Browner is up for parole next month

Attempted murder—now honestly what is that? Can you win a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
sausage arms and clay face

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
We've replaced the Jets quarterback with Fraudgers' crystals, let's see if anyone notices

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

We've replaced the Jets quarterback with Fraudgers' crystals, let's see if anyone notices

You should have posted this in the chat thread where we talked about coffee for two days

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My favorite Aaron Rodgers memory is him getting continuously owned by the 49ers in the playoffs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

lmao at throwing Nebraska in there quietly

Nebraska could make some noise in the afcn

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I appreciate this post.

I'm glad somebody did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aaron Rodgers own family couldn’t deal with him anymore

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

My favorite Aaron Rodgers memory is him getting continuously owned by the 49ers in the playoffs.

My fave is when the Vikes broke his collar bone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Mine is a team putting their future hopes on him while everyone else was a mix of "this seems like a bad idea, he's old" and "this seems like a bad idea, he's old, but at least they're trying something other than Zach" and him blowing out his everything four plays later

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chris James 2 posted:

Mine is a team putting their future hopes on him while everyone else was a mix of "this seems like a bad idea, he's old" and "this seems like a bad idea, he's old, but at least they're trying something other than Zach" and him blowing out his everything four plays later

I hope he keeps trying to come back for years and this keeps happening every time.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Mine is a team putting their future hopes on him while everyone else was a mix of "this seems like a bad idea, he's old" and "this seems like a bad idea, he's old, but at least they're trying something other than Zach" and him blowing out his everything five snaps later

fixed

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

I still don't think it was a bad idea to try...I mean it was but not the worst.

But that's a very Jets way to go out.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Aaron Rodgers is a system quarterback that Mike McCarthy had to carry to a SB win.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I still don't think it was a bad idea to try...I mean it was but not the worst.

But that's a very Jets way to go out.

I was on the latter camp (at least it was something other than Zach) too. Would have preferred they also made an effort with Carr and not just made it clear to him that he was the backup plan in their pursuits; definitely think they have at least the same amount of wins, maybe one more, with Carr instead of Zach

Four plays later is just...goddamn :rubby: no way it was having a good ending, then. Message received, universe

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

It is illegal for the Jets or the Bears to have a good quarterback.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Festivus Miracle posted:

this is true, i have seen the law, it's on the back of the declaration of independence

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

do you think chad pennington could still hang

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Quoted.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Festivus Miracle posted:

But at least the Packers don’t have one right now either, so really it all worked out

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I still maintain that Rodgers was a net drain on the Packers last year and he would've proven it with the Jets this year, and will always be a bit disgruntled that we'll never know for sure.

I will also be studiously ignoring what the Packers look like this year without him, because it does not fit my narrative.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kidcoelacanth posted:

do you think chad pennington could still hang

Mentally, yes. Physically, eh… I give him like 8-10 plays before his shoulder completely detaches from his body and disappears in a cloud of smoke.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was in the camp "the Packers are hosed no matter what they do because Rodgers is old and fragile and bad and Love sucks and the Jets shouldn't let them drag them down with them.", and, alas.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
healthy pennington in a shanahan system would be absolutely lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Nebraska could make some noise in the afcn

yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs