Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

If you enjoyed High Noon from the movie club, or looking for westerns recommendations in general, these are a few I recommend:

I mentioned this one in the movie club thread. It's from 1950, so it can be a bit hokey at times. Gregory Peck is on the run, but has to make a quick stop in town to see an old flame. Don't worry, he has plenty of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGYoChoijvY
In the late 50s, Budd Boetticher directed a string of westerns starring Randolph Scott and this one is probably my favorite. Richard Boone, better known as Paladin from Have Gun Will Travel, plays the villain.

Lee Marvin won an Oscar for his performance in this western comedy. Nat King Cole appears throughout the film in like a Greek chorus framing device.

If you're looking for a violent spaghetti western, then The Great Silence is one of my favorites. I was stunned by the ending the first time I saw it.

There are plenty of great westerns out there. The problem is there are thousands of westerns, and probably 95% of them are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The True Grit remake is really loving good. The original is pretty decent, but it's an example of when the remake outshines the original.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I missed symbolics post

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

more of a comfort inn main myself

edit: gently caress

You might like Australia, staring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Mekchu posted:

brisco county junior is much better show than any description of it implies it will be imo

yeah shame it only got one season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Criterion Channel added The Quick and the Dead. Not based on the Louis L’Amour novel. Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Sam Raimi really went overboard on the Sam Raimi style with this film.