Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

"Also the big crimes have to be done this week, next week Thursday at the latest, because after that there'll be another UN resolution making it too expensive. Like last time. Again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Arione posted:

I mean, it worked out pretty well for us in WW2, all the times after that we didnt do the WC thing and we lost.

You didn't do war crimes in Viet Nam? Who taught you english, Josef Stalin?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The funniest thing is neither of those two can

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What if the paraglider dropped grenades? What if he did it by opening a box that was taped to something structural

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What truly sits wrong with me is people who are selective about which murdered children they get bloodthirsty over. Make no mistake, child murderers are terrorists who have all but forsaken their membership to the human species, but

There were children killed by the myanmar junta in Burma this week. A strike on a refugee camp. Airplanes and bombs. Did you notice them?

If you are going to have moral principles, you do not get to be selective.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

No one is arguing over what hamas did, or what they are (e; I thought, anyway. Really hope I'm not wrong). We are arguing over the israeli response. And just what + how much response can be justified, because we're all scared about more innocents getting killed since there's so many fucks around who don't give any

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Dan Carlin, famous for being the most popular history podcaster, is a Nazi by any other word

Samovar posted:

Not that we needed evidence that Carlin had lost the plot, but this is... Uh...

https://twitter.com/HardcoreHistory/status/1712180772151710190

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

I think you'd find this sentiment towards Israel among a lot of American liberals and the pro-Israel left, even when they recognize it would be a far-right, racist talking point if spoken by a white American towards our black and brown minorities. A lot of cognitive dissonance on the subject.

Figuring out how to integrate peacefully would be a challenge after decades of bad blood, but... Israel has had had the dominant position for decades and have only exacerbated the situation in that time.

Hypocrisy, double standards, are not cognitive dissonance. It's a choice. "It's understandable or, even good, when we do it"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I don't know, I don't listen to people with burner accounts anyway

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hard to find a good quality version but I saw a map on the news I thought was very succinct

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Alchenar posted:

I'm going to post something a friend of mine posted on Facebook shortly after the attacks.

I think that last paragraph is the thing that most people simply do not understand about the moderate Zionist mindset. It isn't about taking someone else's land. It's not about something promised to them by God. It is about Jewish people getting to decide what their lives are worth, set against two thousand years of others deciding their lives are worth nothing. You are never going to convince them to give that up for 'an acceptable level of antisemitism from the average Western society'.

e: and regardless of whether there are certain points in the narrative above you might question, I think it very eloquently sums up why this attack has struck such a nerve in the Israeli psyche.

You think "we get to make sure the shoah never happens again", the foundational principle for the Jewish state, is unknown in here? That it's not been the first thing you learn about Israel for 70 years?

You didn't notice this thread being about how the noble principle, has been abused and demeaned and turned into a route alibi for whatever is wanted or simply the venaly expedient, against critism, since they shot Rabin? Israeli discourse did, and a long time ago

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What you're seeing is probably Israeli complacency and not structural incompetence, they very much should be taught better than that. A lot of tactical teaching were reinforced by analysis of the arab-israeli wars back when. They look to have walked over the border overestimating how safe they are in that space and if they got any sense they'll start acting professionally soon enough.

E. Personally? I doubt they got any sense. Everything is stupid, horrible, and Israeli leadership seem to only care about things that result in less palestinians per square km in the land they want to annex and not share.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 2, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

What I'm hearing is that a unit of spearmen on the defensive really could defeat a unit of tanks.

Knew it.

As long as the tank unit didn't read their loving books or ever trained against infantry, suuure, yeah, OKAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiJXALBX3KM&t=238s

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Its saudi. It deserves to be saudi anyway.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 5, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

And why israel is concerned with american public support is it carries irreplaceable access to technology, money, and political influence. National survival isn't realistically threatened anymore.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There's a, what must by now be a classical observation, about when Israeli schoolchildren do the specific holocaust course, half of the children walk away with the lesson being "this must never happen again" and the other half with "this must never happen again to us".

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

"Occupation with recurring military operations will continue until status quo improves"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Seeing large explosions have very little to do with if the thing you shot at is toast or not. Few targets are explosive, unlike munitions which are very often very explosive but are also going to explode when they miss or don't penetrate or don't achieve anything on the people at the dangerous end. Leaving the area is likewise something you should do irregardless of what you achieved or safe etc

Saqr, I say this friendly like, you can't be sure of what you're seeing.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

PookBear posted:

You are presenting a false narrative where the only alternative to an ethno state is Hamas being in charge, thus justifying the ethnostate in the first place.

How 'bout you state the right answer instead of attacking the wrong ones for once

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

2cent bet those 'big assault-style' items were m4 supplied by uncle Sam gratis. What a time to be alive* if american yournalists are staring down american made, american paid, american provided guns being aimed at them.

*put some good words here yourself. I'm to sad.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Adopted kids are your kids. You do not need to be weird about genetics to be a parent. Complete sidenote, but still

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

:psyduck: Judaism is a religon, the entire point of the War was that genetics doesn't matter for humans

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

The propaganda is funny but Hamas has very real and extensive tunnel works. They themselves have hyped that poo poo from videos. There’s several smuggling tunnels that go miles past any walls and link up with smuggling sites overland.

They’re not some incompetent murder hobos. You don’t have to hand it to Israel to acknowledge that Hamas has impressive tunnel systems.

The issue, is that israel has been attacking a hospital with a thousand civilians in it expressively seeking shelter there as a recognised safe zone, with the motivation that the tunnels are there and also an hamas HQ. They haven't shown that there are any tunnels there yet. This is an issue. This is whats being discussed, not the concept of tunnels in Gaza.

You know all this.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

gently caress the police

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

october 7th footage of two hamas guys scaring the poo poo out of a dozen and a half IDF troopers

https://twitter.com/megatron_ron/status/1727722015774142870?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I don't see anything worth discussing in this video. What am I missing, in your opinion?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

:ignorance: we're really doing this aren't we

The other cars are intact. In that picture, there's a center where cars are mangled and deformed, circling out we see fire damaged cars then it ends. Thats what it looks like when an explosive item, sometimes with a motor attached at the end, goes off in a row of cars in a space without any other flammable material around to carry the initial flame to more fuel, like the cars in the back there. Only things inside the evident blast caught it.

Looks a lot like an easy helicopter gently caress up to me

E. Not an entire drat hellfire, a couple bushmaster projectiles or an unguided rocket would do fine

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 27, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Thinking the Economist is good with truth says more about the places you're comparing them to more than anything.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFQG7pwnZEw

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 10, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I do not think equating the population of the nation state of israel, with the republican party of America is an intelligent choice. I firmly believe doing that will make you misunderstand a whole lot of everything. Doing equations like (x = the republicans) is what foreigners like me mean when we snark about "american main character syndrome".

This isn't about your poo poo. This is its own poo poo, which is connected to your poo poo, but it works differently from other tire fires.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 11, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

This doesn't remind me of Hanoi in '72 as much as it does Warsawa '44

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The loving Madagascar plan?! :psyduck:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

That's why lawyers get so insistent on all those other words, like special military operation. Imagine the bad optics if wars started being talked about like clear categorical things instead of ~vibes~ on terror

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

"It's only illegal if they catch you" is certainly a choice

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I don't exactly know how to word this. There's a story about a 6 year old little girl dying, it seems to be hitting a nerve. It is with me.
I'm sharing it here since, I guess, keeping updated with evolving public sentiment and such.
Twenty five thousand people have died is what I heard last. We don't often see pictures with statistics.

There's a picture of Hind, at the top.

They were evacuating as per army instruction, came under fire, tanks. There's a phonecall to 911 which is answered by the office in the west bank, line cuts out. They call back, and a small, scared, voice answers.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68180642

No one survives. Neither do the two paramedics or their ambulance who answered the call.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68261286

They are shooting civilians.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 11, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Congratulations! We have finally discovered the one intuitive skill failsons have. Thinking like a mushroom

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The line of familiarity. "This is dangerous, it happened close to me"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

So many obstructionists we could shut up if we just. stopped. using. that poor word singularly for everything

Ethnic cleansing, or racist mass murder. loving impossible to misconstrue what you accuse someone of with those two. Mixing in cultural erasure in a -cide word was a bad move

Israel is perpetrating crimes against humanity.

And it's so god drat dark for anyone who remembers them as the Jewish state

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Kchama posted:

, just trying to take their land and make most of them leave!

Going to obstruct you now with they can't go "nuh uh!" when they admit the ethnic cleansing inside the same sentence

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

You guys keep spelling their name wrong, and Türkiye is going to cease all trade with this thread!

Well two can play at that game, we'll just eat some other stupid bird at christmas!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

i submit that we rename the US to Amerika Birleşik Devletleri

Can't, there's Armenians in there. Them's clearly the rules