Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

He's not wrong.

I feel like he's going to run into the problem that Trump did where none of the old money and old power can stand him for a nanosecond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s going around. The US’s own internal security agency ignored insurrectionists posting detailed plans in public and then blamed it on their IT contract.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

not caring here posted:

Well the one thing, if nothing else, we can all take away from this conflict is that powered paragliders are mad dope.

I'd better see the C&C Generals mod for this soon

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wish I could go ad free on services like Tubi and Pluto because they are absolutely lousy with right wing garbage

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anyone who think there's a chance of him leaving is kidding themselves

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

No they're not, reel your neck in. They're saying that coordinated efforts to put disturbing content in front of children to upset them and cause discord have been a thing for a while.

In this case, putting disturbing propaganda in front of children will cause them to bring it to their parents, and the parents may absorb the propaganda vs discard it because they're concerned for their child's well being.

This is something Twitter people have been doing in Splatoon for ages lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol ok

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Gone, like warm piss in the cold ocean. Anyone take a screenshot of whatever it was?

Some drivel about the White House expecting Netanyahu's political career to end over the attack on Israel

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

In fairness, from what friends with family in Israel have said, this isn't too far fetched. The way it was explained to me is people have a "When the immediate crisis is over, he's gotta go"

Also his son being in the US right now is pissing a lot of people off over there apparently.

I think whatever security failures his opposition tries to pin on him will be well overshadowed by his success in delivering kinetic strikes on Palestinians.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The design is very human

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Not really, you can see how absolutely shoddy that construction is. Its designed to be cinematic. Those aren't as bad as most of the improv drone weapons we're seeing.

Better for the occupants if the walls blow off though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I thought women loving dying soldiers in the field was just a thing I read about in a weird fantasy novel

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tangy Zizzle posted:

US abstained on a Security Council ruling against Israel today, so you know things are going good

A slight even worse than when the Queen wore Obama’s gifted broach to meet Trump

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This might come up in the news later lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

There are a few people who are justifiably upset and frustrated about a dire situation they feel powerless to change. I think that feeling might be causing them to lash out.

It sucks rear end to see people do the “lashing out” thing here and we really shouldn’t be seeing it as we all get older.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dopilsya posted:

^^^^ETA: My dude if you think immigration if hosed in the US and A, good luck with any other developed country.

There's something in the internet water that has people convinced that other nations don't hate immigrants even more than the US and it's the guiltiest feeling of schadenfreude when you see them find out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Donald the Dove narratives in 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

Oh Bunni was a moron freak?! Who could have guessed

I raised a flag about him being an obvious rereg but I guess nobody bothered to check until now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I figured we had already covered the intolerability of not standing up to a nuclear state with Ukraine

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Arc Light posted:

I'm not intel. I'm comm. In the course of my career, I've done a couple of assignments as the organically attached comm support for intel squadrons (ie. I was part of the intel unit and I exclusively worked for them, rather than being part of the airbase comm squadron which supports everybody in the garrison).

I've also been directly assigned to an Army military intelligence brigade.

The difference was night and day. The Army intel folks were more or less normal. I enjoyed that assignment and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Might have been slightly atypical because a bunch of those joes were Army National Guard who had been activated on Title 10 orders, so they had regular lives and didn't build their sense of self around the Army.

The Air Force intel crews... well, Shim's language was more colorful than what I'd use but the substance of what he said was broadly correct. There were absolutely normal, decent officers and enlisted on those Air Force intel teams, but there were also the most wretched gremlin dipshits. And they outnumbered the chill ones.

Nothing quite like pulling up floor tiles to run a new fiber cable, only to discover the rotting remains of weeks worth of half eaten meals (and insects, and a dead rat) because the intel assholes didn't want to take out their garbage.

(Edit for clarification: the intel airmen were pulling up the floor tiles and throwing their waste on the ground, and then replacing the floor tiles afterward. Bunch of goddamn feral animals)

This was a semi-regular occurrence, regardless of how often the organic comm and CE airmen complained to their squadron commander.

As for the whole fake pilot nonsense, it's real. Good god, it's real, and worse than any other non-aircrew job in the Air Force that I've seen, and after 15 years, I've seen most of them. No flight suits in my Air Force intel units, but they absolutely spoke like they were trying to be Maverick and Iceman. Just nonstop aviation terminology. They even had their own local bar that was an 'intel bar' with a bunch of photos and badges from the unit on the walls. Cargo culting what the aircrew did. Somehow even worse than when the Air Force wanted to boost morale in the comm field, so they decided to give all the comm officers wings to wear on their uniforms. At least the comm officers had the self-awareness to know what a joke that was. Intel would have eaten that up and begged for seconds.

I worked with AF intel officers for a few years and can 100% confirm all of this. It made my skin crawl that they gave themselves call signs and I refused to use them. Not all of them like that, but thinking about it now I don't think any of the good ones actually stayed in the career field for long.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Better the Scud you know

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

He's just taking on a voluntary handicap to make it a fairer fight.

Grindset mentality is total

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Saw John Kirby on the news this morning talking about how the deaths of the aid workers is being met by the president gently urging Netanyahu to make policy changes or else the US might consider lowering arms shipments. With great martyrdom comes great change.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

RE: both now that I'm a parent I can't understand what monsters the people leading for these things are if they have children. I'm incapable of not empathizing with the kids involved in all this poo poo.

There is at least one parent on the right wing grift train whose daughter was killed in the shooting, if you want to talk about people who get their own special circle of hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The only issue I have with this take is that Israel seems to have cast aside any notion that it will act rationally or proportionately to an attack as seen by its response to October 7. Bibi has been wanting a war with Iran for a long time now and he will retaliate similarly even if Iran’s response is relatively minimal.

Right. Not sure I’m feeling confident this will be another round of Iranians and Israelis winking at each other as they nominate a few folks to throw into the volcano

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

You guys keep spelling their name wrong, and Türkiye is going to cease all trade with this thread!

The whole name change thing seemed like a sop from Erdogan to Turkish nationalists so pffff

quote:

“The main reason why Turkey is changing its name is to eliminate the association with the bird,” said Sinan Ulgen, Chairman of Istanbul-based think-tank EDAM. “But also, the term is used in colloquial language to denote failure.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/03/middleeast/turkey-name-change-mime-intl/index.html

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

New editions of 1984 should add a disclaimer that it’s not an instruction manual

Same for the famous sci-fi novel with the Torment Nexus

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m glad goons eventually stopped the trend of proclaiming they want to commit suicide in like, Games posts. Some day they’ll cut out the “I hope everyone else dies too” thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its great that liberals spent like 7 years kvetching about russian interference when there's an actual genocidal ethnostate that runs US foreign policy

russia, definitely not a genocidal ethnostate