Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Cugel the Clever posted:

Twitter embeds still work for me :shrug:

Really wish we just jumped to Bluesky, though.

bsky-social-cpy2l-437ay

bsky-social-mggyw-ffqt4

E: one of these got took, I won’t follow you or be weird, Goonspeed you weird beasts

bloody ghost titty fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Former deputy chief of staff to the Israeli military on BBC just now comparing Hamas to 1945 Nazis...this...feels bad? Like, quiet part loud bad?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

Unironically Al Jazeera is usually a pretty solid news source, though my God they seem to have weaponized bad editorials a lot of the time.

:looks at legacy American media: I LEARNED IT FROM YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

psydude posted:

Given that the movement dates to before World War I (i.e. even before the British took over), and many (including apparently some of those around Gaza) were formed in the 20s and 30s, I'm still not sure it's as simple as that, either.

This is a perfectly reasonable observation about the history of the kibbutzim and shift from utopian idealist to uh, what all is going on now, but that avatar cranks

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

I haven't been paying attention at all. How has Burns been as CIA director?

He was a career State employee- 32 years to include under secretary for Clinton. per wiki;

Wikipedia posted:

Burns served as ambassador to Jordan from 1998 to 2001, assistant secretary of state for Near East affairs from 2001 to 2005, ambassador to Russia from 2005 to 2008 and under secretary of state for political affairs from 2008 to 2011.[6]

So he's about the business and as professionally qualified as anybody ever put in charge of the Agency. He's a "symbolic" member of the cabinet, which either speaks well to his foreign policy experience and Biden's willingness to have a deep bench of careerists after the Trump years, or an indictment of the fact that post-911 we feel the foreign intelligence directorate is as vital to foreign policy as actual diplomacy.

Or both.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Only people I knew in Asia who paid US taxes were engineers.

Which makes sense if you plan to rotate back to the States and don't want ?!? years of unfucking your obligations to the IRS. Everybody else just slushes through two friendly offshores and calls it a day.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I remembered it having all kinds of language that we don't use anymore, but I did not remember just how overtly misogynistic rather than casually misogynistic the whole screed is. Just dripping with it.

The older I get, the more I realized those of us who grew up in the 90s/00s internalized a lot of misogyny barely disguised as humor, same with homophobia. Reactions to burgeoning equality in a deeply classist, capitalist society, yes. hosed up? Tremendously. Once transgressive humor stops punching up, it’s just another kind of violence.

And I’ll have a large watermelon daiquiri as well, thank you, I have exact change.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Founder of World Central Kitchen Says Several Workers Killed in Gaza Airstrike https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/...uNRC3Sh-&ugrp=m

Looks like they bombed some more aid workers. Just a little whoopsie daisy.

Jose Andres is basically a goddamn saint, I expect to see the Swiss Guards mobilized by sundown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's a shame that nothing is going to stop this nation of deranged genocidal maniacs