Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

One thing I’d advise: don’t take this thread as general opinion. It would be cool and good if it was, two state fully automated gay communism. Unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

david_a posted:

Majorie apparently tried to censure her for “leading an insurrection” but that didn’t pass

She changed the wording to “illegal occupation.” We live in the dumbest timeline.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

The controversy on Monday reached as far as the British parliament, when the Labour Party removed [Andy] McDonald from office for saying: “We will not rest until we have justice. Until all people, Israelis and Palestinians, between the river and the sea, can live in peaceful liberty.”

Welp

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Cugel the Clever posted:

Reminder that the IDF and settlers are murdering Palestinians in the West Bank at a significantly higher rate than usual right now.

Israel claims that its actions in the West Bank, including several air strikes, are intended to thwart terrorists. Seems a lot more likely to drive more people towards violent resistance.

I’m trying not to be a conspiracist but at some point you have to ask if the IDF is _really_ this bad at optics or what

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Broken clock, twice a day, etc.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

for better or worse (its worse), american dollars and the agreements we (USA sorry) make with the rest of the world do matter

would Ukraine still exist without the USA? probably not

would Israel still exist without the USA? probably not

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Aww Israel and SA were best buddies before, what happened in April 1994?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.theautopian.com/how-i-got-my-navy-callsign-by-making GBS threads-myself-in-an-f-a-18-fighter-jet-twice/

E: I was about to clarify but holy poo poo that URL.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

How do you even do that? I sort of get putting it on backward for a minute, but then you look down it, say “lol I’m dumb”, and fix it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hotbod Handsomeface posted:

…John Spencer…

FWIW I follow John Spencer’s main podcast https://mwi.westpoint.edu/urban-warfare-project/urban-warfare-project-podcast/ . He has some interesting episodes but holy poo poo he is drinking from the IDF propaganda hose.

Fake edit:

”The IDF Approach to Protecting Civilians in Urban Warfare” posted:

URBAN WARFARE PROJECT
OCT 27, 2023 ⋅ 44:27

Almost immediately after Hamas launched its brutal set of terrorist attacks in Israel, it became clear that the Israel Defense Forces would respond militarily. That meant a campaign against Hamas targets in Gaza. Because of Gaza's heavily urban terrain and the specific location of Hamas military forces, the fight has occurred—and will continue to occur—in deeply challenging environments for military forces, places where the law of armed conflict's provisions aimed at protecting civilians must be followed. To understand the specific measures in place to do so, John Spencer is joined on this episode by Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces. He describes the range of mechanisms adopted by Israeli forces to minimize incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, and damage to civilian property in urban warfare.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

maybe it’s a bad translation?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I (as of 12:10ish -8) saw iOS Safari bitch about SSL certs. I reloaded at 12:20 and Firefox did not complain, nor did Safari.

lol, and lmao

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

mrmcd posted:

I have to admit part of me is just really depressed about this dramatic change in tone from the political and pundit class after the WCK attack. Jose Andres seems like a really good dude, but the critical element here seems to be he's very, very plugged in to the DC social scene. These ghouls were fine with 6 months of Israel bombing hospitals and apartments full of children, and wrote endless op-eds justifying it. It isn't until they tried to murk one of their very good friends from DC cocktail parties (and then claim a hamas guy was standing nearby) that they actually got upset.

Hi I was about to effort/drunk post about stopping the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians via TV cooking celebrities.

It sucks this is what it took, but if it works, poo poo.

RIP to those people and I hope they are looking down from whatever afterlife exists with double mids extended.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Bolton on Fox, not even looking, I was right at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Midjack posted:

It won't be mistargeted at all, they'll have some bullshit pretext that we won't even try to debunk.

someone left a USS Liberty challenge coin on board