Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

kupachek posted:

Spared no expense.

They learned from the best :911:

e: actually given the likely amount of graft in the procurement process it's probably more like :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Even if covert supply by sea is the more realistic option, I'm just imagining the size and design of tunnel needed to fit a whole rear end SRBM through it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

movax posted:

Has Elon hosed with Starlink there yet? Or is it not operating there yet?

No ground stations in the area to provide coverage.

e: Nearest one is about 1200 km away in Turkey, and I think the ground stations are only good to about 800 km on average.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 27, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

So what's everyone's thoughts on which airbase the US is going to take over and the CAF is going to set up a Timmy's at?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://www.reuters.com/world/graphic-pro-israel-ads-make-their-way-into-childrens-video-games-2023-10-30/

quote:

Oct 30 (Reuters) - Maria Julia Assis was sitting down to a meal in her terraced home in north London when her 6-year-old son ran into the dining room, his face pale.

The puzzle game on his Android phone had been interrupted by a video showing Hamas militants, terrified Israeli families and blurred graphic footage. Over a black screen, a message from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs told the first grader: "WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT THOSE WHO HARM US PAY A HEAVY PRICE."

Assis, a 28-year-old barista from Brazil, said that the ad left her son shaken and she quickly deleted the game.

[...]

Reuters documented six cases – in Britain, France, Austria, Germany and Holland – where people had seen the same or similar ads as Assis' son or said their children had seen them. In the Assis family's case, the ads appeared in a game called "Alice's Mergeland" made by a developer called LazyDog Game. Other ads appeared on family-friendly digital pastimes such as the block-building game "Stack," puzzle game "Balls'n Ropes," "Solitaire: Card Game 2023," and run-and-jump adventure "Subway Surfers."

Israel confirmed it was their ad, but also said "we told the ad companies it wasn't supposed to end up in kids' games" as if that makes everything better. Christ.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Countdown until some GOP shithead tries to get her indicted for treason.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I give it less than 48 hours before one side or the other (or maybe both at the same time) break the ceasefire.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Man, I don’t think anyone had “forced circumcision of enemy combatants” on their war crimes bingo card for this one :stare:

Actually, this raises a question: seeing as there’s no way you could spin it as necessary medical procedures, if done on a captured combatant that would count as mutilation of a POW and thus be against some kind of international law of war, right?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sounds about right. No red text, just a Biden avatar.

e: Yeah there's like a dozen people in the last two pages of that thread alone with the same avatar. This fuckin website lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Is this the 2023 version of "IF TRUMP WINS I'M MOVING TO CANADA, A GOOD COUNTRY WHERE NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS" or something?

Because much like how lol I had bad news for those folks about the state of social and racial justice in Canada, lol I have bad news about every developed country ever

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Google Jeb Bush posted:

swear to God i thought one of us in dnd asked at some point, maybe they had a VPN policy that they hosed up

I'm honestly surprised it's not just general policy at this point to altcheck any new account that immediately starts posting in the politics forums. Like, that'd catch 90% of reregs that aren't the five accounts a day spam guy.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

As I recall she came back a few years later saying that her husband was possibly faking being allergic to their dogs and she was on Lexapro, so, Shim was right.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I'd assume they have more than a handful given their signalled willingness to use them in the event Israel fell.

IIRC one of the more recent US secretaries of state had estimated around 200, yeah. What kind of delivery systems they have, I don't know, but even with IRBM capability that's enough to return every major population center in EMEA to the dirt.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It should be noted that Rosatom is building them (as they did with completing Bushehr I), so given what's going on in Eastern Europe, there's a possibility the two additional VVER units might never get finished.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

IDF air force is gonna have a little whoopsy with a mistargeted missile just before that thing gets nailed down, I bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

It won't be mistargeted at all, they'll have some bullshit pretext that we won't even try to debunk.

"It looked like a hospital, sorry."