Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Big K of Justice posted:

Yeah it’s strange since the Ford was showing up on Turkish TikTok chilling next to the beach a week ago.

With Ukraine ongoing I’d assume there would be at least one Carrier group in the eastern Med regardless.

Carriers are the implement of soft and hard power, having a CSG off the coast carries the implication to Israel's neighbors i.e. Lebanon to keep minding their own business. A single CSG can devastate most countries in the world so announcing its presence is saying "here's our big stick, stay in your lane"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Maybe I'm naive but I'd have thought that if it was confirmed, IDF spokespeople would be screaming it at the top of their lungs at any opportunity. It seems weird that they haven't.

Possibly because of the shocking nature of the killings, literally beheading babies is monstrous behavior.

The kids had no choice in where they were, the killings were pointless beyond shock/horror value.

Will it wind up getting brought up more? Absolutely, but maybe not at this particular second.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BUUNNI posted:

lol there’s No loving way I’m just learning now that the US is sending Israel money to build housing for Zionists while letting housing shortages become a crisis in our own country

But something something rapture Armageddon.

Seriously, the US' Israel policy is significantly driven by evangelical wing nuts who believe that the nation of Israel is essential for Jesus to come back and rapture all the right people and leave the sinners on a ruined earth

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grip it and rip it posted:

You think they're intentionally injecting graphic ads into children's cellphone games? To what end?

Impressionable minds. Remember the whole thing where people were targeting obscene videos at children by infiltrating the youtube kids thing and disguising disturbing footage as something that began in a benign fashion? same deal.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

Are you seriously implying that the Elsagate thing was an Israeli plot?

No they're not, reel your neck in. They're saying that coordinated efforts to put disturbing content in front of children to upset them and cause discord have been a thing for a while.

In this case, putting disturbing propaganda in front of children will cause them to bring it to their parents, and the parents may absorb the propaganda vs discard it because they're concerned for their child's well being.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A lot of people here tend to avoid detailed descriptions of stuff due to potentially causing issues with trauma, a fair amount of people here have gotten shot at/shot at people.

As long as you're not posting combat cam videos and avoiding posting gore, you can talk about the situation in Gaza just fine. Just don't go too detailed about how people got killed or describe the exact condition of dead people and you're fine.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Luceid posted:

I seriously thought y'all were better than this yeah. what the gently caress

nah it's pretty much just one person

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hamas isn't even close to an existential threat to the Israeli state, it's such a bullshit take and also massive projection too lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Coeus posted:

The New York Times published this updated graphic for what the very real Hamas underground bunker may indeed look like

no toot pipe tho :grovertoot:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Did Hamas attack Israel on 10/7? Absolutely, did they kill a poo poo ton of Israeli civilians, and take hundreds more hostage? Absolutely! Is the existence of the Israeli state threatened by Hamas? No not really. Is IDF going way the gently caress too far by indiscriminately levelling Gaza, killing tens of thousands of Palestinian civilians, and blaming Hamas for it? Yeah they are.

Someone will label me an antisemite for having a nuanced opinion and saying both sides bad.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hmmm, so Sen. Fetterman went ahead and wore an Israeli flag as a loving superhero cape at a march yesterday... that sucks pretty bad imo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

I irritated someone enough for them to waste 10 American dollars to change a picture I don't care about.

The idiot on social media is the person aggressively buying avatars for people who are calling him a dumbass

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean, that banner is alright. Trans furries should be able to protect their cannabis farms with registered machine guns imo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Count Roland posted:

That's a fake, yes?

Bibi's made no secret that he wants to bulldoze Gaza and the West Bank and turn it all into Israel. Ditto his party and most of the people in Israeli politics.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reel your necks back in this ain't D&D or CSPAM, calls to genocide anyone are going to get your ability to post revoked.

Israel is wrong in what they are doing, so is Hamas, calling for the total destruction of Israel or the merciless grinding into the dirt of Palestinians is going to wind up with the person demanding it taking a long break.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shim just shimposts, and there are sometimes nuggets of truth or enlightenment in the post. This is the way of things, as it has been, as it shall be in the future.

Shim's advice to the wife of an intel geek in the air force years back was legendary, and also 100% factual for how a typical SCIF rat's career goes.

E2: its linked below lol

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 14, 2024

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Genuinely changed my life pls someone post it

I got you boo, TW before you read the below, this is 2013 era SA, skip this post entirely if you don't want to read it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I have a question as a military dependent-to-be, I hope it's ok to ask in this thread as other information resources have not been clear. Fiance is a 2nd Lt in the USAF.

Here's our situation:
Fiance is finishing up intel school at Goodfellow AFB, graduating in May. He just received orders to Kadena AB in Okinawa. I am planning on staying here until my work contracts are done at the end of 2014 then joining him early 2015. In order for the USAF to foot the bill for me to join him later, when should we get married?

Some sources say before he leaves so I'm on his orders from the start.

Some say we should wait until he gets there so his orders will be amended and hope I get command sponsorship.

His current command says if we get married now they'll "for sure" pay for me to move later but we both agree that sounds like a lot of bullshit.

Thoughts?

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.

The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.

But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.

Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?

I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.

A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.

Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.

Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.

But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.

When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.

By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.

Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.

This will also be the point when your oldest childs ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.

Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.

I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.

You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.

As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Quackles posted:

As someone who has never been anywhere near such a career, how accurate (or not) would y'all say that rant is?

I rubbed elbows with a lot of SCIF rats, Navy ones though, and yeah its pretty accurate. Our Intel officer wore a flightsuit every friday and also random days because the pilots did, even though he'd never been in a plane but once, and that plane was a P-8. He was also a total douchenozzle.

He wasn't married, and there was only dudes in our SCIF, so I can't really evaluate the parts of the story about a horrible married life or him dicking down female enlisted who also work in the SCIF.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 14, 2024

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/01/30/israeli-soldiers-disguise-west-bank-hospital-hamas/

Also since I don't think it was talked about here yet. Isn't it kind of a war crime to disguise your soldiers as doctors and civilians, walk into a hospital and gun down unarmed wounded "terrorists" in their hospital beds?

Technically, which is the worst kind of point, they did not breach a treaty to which they are a signatory of. Technically they're not signatories of provisions I and II of Geneva Convention of 1949, which deals with protection of civilians in a combat zone. Though, they probably still breached the conventions by sheep dipping their soldiers as a protected class of non-combatant (doctors).

Should they be brought up on war crimes charges? Absolutely because sheep dipping your soldiers as doctors makes doctors a target in the eyes of your opponent. Like holy gently caress that just flies in the face of any sort of allowable conduct.

(The US is also not a signatory of provisions I and II, but I don't think we would sheep dip soldiers as doctors to carry out a hit, or we'd be smart enough to not get caught in 4k doing it)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They should absolutely face war crimes trials, but won't for the same reason the US never subjected it's own troops to war crimes trials after WW2.

It's absolutely poo poo because it exposes the fallacy of the geneva conventions (the victors aren't war criminals, because they write the history books. The IDF/Hamas power balance is such that yeah, the IDF are the inevitable victors in this conflict, but a poo poo load of Palestinians are going to get killed for no reason other than being Palestinians, and that inflicted misery is in itself a war crime)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Count Roland posted:

There's construction happening on the Egyptian side of the Rafah border crossing. Many outlets are saying there's a wall being built.

Al Jazeera goes farther, saying it's a refugee camp

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/16/satellite-photos-show-egypt-building-gaza-buffer-zone-as-rafah-push-looms

They cite WSJ but I can't find that original article nor any other outlets saying this. Egypt has been very vocal about not taking in any Palestinians so this seems like an odd move. Does anyone have more information here?

You plan for the worst option. Egypt is refusing to take refugees but if Israel starts bombing the refugees huddled on the border they'll likely let them in, at the same time Egypt has said they will suspend the Camp David Accords if Israel does anything to the Palestinians on the border.

Suspending the Camp David Accords would be a major step towards another war between Israel and its neighbors. Expect to see Egyptian troop movements in concert with the building of this border camp, because Egypt has basically issued an ultimatum to Israel now.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 16, 2024

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-786635

The Egyptian military is basically a patronage network in uniform with an army that appears impressive in terms of manpower and equipment, but it is WOEFULLY unprepared to fight any kind of major war that isn't against its unarmed and defenseless people and its bloated officer corps is smart enough to know that. They are not going to risk their position of prestige and perks by getting the poo poo kicked out of them yet again.

Couldn't you say the same of the Saudi military lol, they get brand new American toys and get the poo poo kicked out of them by the Houthis on the reg, because they suck at military.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Any chance to post this picture of a Saudi SOF guy with the optic on his weapon mounted backwards

So to answer your question, absolutely yes.

The quintessential gear queer.

Worse so because a tacticool nerd would probably make sure his loving optic was on right.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Congratulations! We have finally discovered the one intuitive skill failsons have. Thinking like a mushroom

that's insulting to mushrooms

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Would building this sea port in Gaza make the conflict over there a near pier conflict?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsZTFSfXaw

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This is the company that is going to be running humanitarian aid out of the Gaza port- https://fogbow.ch

They don't list any countries where they've operated, agencies that they've worked with or their actual technical capabilities, but their company leadership bios are, uh, interesting. Here's a few:

And only one guy who actually seems to have a background in humanitarian assistance:

This looks like the board of a company bidding on a vendor contract with JSOC, not who I would have expected to be running humanitarian shipments into Gaza. Would have figured that there would have been Army SF or Civil Affairs types here given that they actually have experience providing humanitarian assistance in semi-permissive or denied areas rather than the guys who show up, kill everything on target and then write a book about it.

Shell company go brrr

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The American Right hitched themselves to Israel bringing about the Rapture and Israel will definitely try to do that if they think that the US is abandoning them in the bed Israel made. I don't know exactly how much damage a handful of nukes that Israel probably has would do, but once the cork is out of the bottle, other people are going to start tossing them and then where does that go? Nobody knows

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lol CNN dug up GEN Petraeus to give them expert advice on Iran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tiny posted:

"Well, you see, we had confirmed intel that this one person who murdered 50 pregnant women 5 years ago was hiding in that orphanage. He walked by a hamas member on the street and got photographed a few years ago. We cannot tolerate terrorism, so... Those children should have chosen better friends."

Is some poo poo I can see isrealis saying. I ain't got a problem with jews, but I DO have a problem with isreal currently.

How come folks here on these forums can distinguish between "Of course isreal has a right to exist", "isreal is bad", "Palestinians shouldn't be killed for existing, that's genocide, and I thought we all agreed that genocide was BAD" and "gently caress all jews antisemitism is my jam"?

How come they loving CANT explain those distinct viewpoints in the rest of the country and media? Seems like the mass-media narrative is that either you support isreal committing genocide on their "enemies" or you're a jew-hater.

There isn't a mass-media faction in america that supports the viewpoint of maybe stop loving killing people who can't fight back and have no ability to leave the killing fields.

Well see, the ADL says that taking a stance against Israel's current policies towards Palestinians is antisemitism. And that's what media follows. No it makes no effort to differentiate between the state of Israel and the Jewish people, because it is beneficial for the Israeli state to hide behind the fact that people don't like being called anti-Semitic even though they're just trying to point out that the Israeli government has hosed up policies.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 11, 2024