Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

Thread's off to a great start so far.

Actual content:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/10/hamas-prepared-for-a-long-war-with-israel-as-concerns-for-hostages-in-gaza-grow

Israel is claiming that they've killed more than 1500 Hamas troops inside of Israel.

Even if that number is inflated a bit, that's way more than the "dozens" of troops that were initially reported to have crossed the border.

Hamas/civilian it's all really just labels and we like to think it's all fluid - Israeli propaganda. likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I would so loving pissed if I had to die for anything related to either side.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ASAPI posted:

I assume that Israeli RADAR/sensors are capable of seeing the difference between rockets, paragliders, and/or drones. Do we know if they issued a general "take shelter, stuff is in the air" alert or a specific alert about "guys on paragliders" or whatever?

Can we expect confirmation later on from the Israeli military (like what us Americans often do) or will we have to rely on normal reporting from news agencies?

How the hell did they collect up enough paragliders to use them for an ongoing assault?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

psydude posted:

What limited research has been done suggests that there's actually very little popular support for Hamas among Gazans, but it's not like they really have a choice there.

For their part, Hamas is likely hoping that Israel will overreact and launch a full invasion so they can rack up the IDF body count. And unfortunately, it seems like Israel is going to walk right into it.

Feels more and more like Hamas is shadow funded and controlled by BiBi in some way. This is simply too easy of a setup to get his genocide of the Gaza Strip.

yeah yeah i know this is impossible but gently caress what a bunch of cowinkydinks

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Give ‘em Cyprus and call it a day.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bad_fmr posted:

If you dont have any other weapons. Then jam logs in the tracks and molotov cocktail the engine intakes winter war style.

I talked to guy who as a young man tossed a can of white paint on the engine deck of tank and that lights up just fine. At the time the Russian troops didnt think much of a boy hauling around milk pales.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SerthVarnee posted:

Fair enough.

It just struck me as looking fairly comical to have a honking great slab of steel screeching around like a up-armored Warhammer 40k metal box.

Merkava is fairly close analogy to a Land Raider so sure why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He was nuts so the cops drawed down according.