Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Bit of a derail from the current discussion, so apologies there, but I've struck out trying to find info on this myself.

There's an oft repeated line among those opposed to a ceasefire to the effect that "there was a ceasefire before October 7th." I'm curious: was there actually an official state of non-hostility between Hamas and Israel at the time, or does this formulation flow simply from the fact that there were not ongoing hostilities immediately before Octover 7th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

This is a repost of the original article I saw it on which listed the baby's name.

It does make mention of young children, but is walking back all the bullshit they pushed to get popular support.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-palestine-war-personnel-false-information-7-october-attack

E- beaten

Archive PH link for the original Haaretz article.

May need to translate it. It carries a somewhat different tone than the MEE piece it inspired, less "Israeli personnel gave false claims" and more "the documented truth is bad enough, why did y'all have to make poo poo up?"

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

not a value-add posted:

I wouldn’t downplay last night too too much. Despite the rather choreographed nature of the whole thing and extended flight times Iran still put a LOT of stuff in the air for what looks like a decently coordinated ToT.

I dont think the intent was to launch a fundamentally impotent strike, but rather one that would demonstrate capability (by putting a lot of stuff in the air in coordinated fashion) while mitigating any real harm (by telegraphing the strike and probably using backchannels to ensure interception). It says "look what we could do....if we really wanted."