Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Soylent Pudding posted:

Some quick napkin math for perspective, but in in terms of civilian casualties relative to total population Hamas's attack is an order of magnitude worse than 9-11. Or to put it another way, if Al Qaeda killed the same rough percentage of the population as Hamas just did then 9-11 would have been on the order of twenty to thirty thousand dead.

Absolutely a complete failure by the Israeli government to let this happen on their watch.

Yeah. If the story of the Egyptian intel chief warning Israel 10 days before the attack is true, then holy poo poo there will be hell to pay for those in power. They'll have every victim's blood on their hands. Again, if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I wonder if they sent the entire silver bullet or if they’re keeping delta or the SEALs in reserve.

That’s a goddamn lot of hostages, but Israel has a goddamn lot of special operations and so do their few “Allies”.

I gotta imagine it’s no more than a squadron and associated enablers / C2 strictly for the American hostages.

JSOC ain’t kicking in Gaza doors for Saul Rosenblatt unless he owns property in palm beach.

Ya know?

I'd imagine there's quite a bit of support to the State Dept to augment the DSS.

I'd also think you're correct - it's probably a lot of enablers like TFO rather than squadrons of Delta.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress that is such a massive loving failure.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

You're suggesting that we should believe in the goodwill of loving hamas of all people not to commit atrocities?

And no, there has been plenty of reporting documenting what has been done, by people without the ideological bias you so obviously desire.

Vvv would you care to translate that into English for us with an actual life please?

Yeah. There's been confirmation of many atrocities. Including beheadings. Including beheadings of kids. Who knows if it was post mortem or not. A few pictures of cribs spattered with blood, pictures of burned bodies burnt to skeletons, dead pets, what looks like entire dead families.

There's also videos out there of Hamas supporters showing and laughing at pictures of dead Israelis.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-babies-killed-hamas-terror-attack-kibbutz-kfar-aza-first-responders-say/

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just saw your post. Edited to conform to the ruling.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hey, I don't know what's behind those twitter warnings, but I think it's a real bad idea to post that poo poo in line. You're likely to catch a probation or a ban for it.

e: you edited it out - but seriously, please don't post any gore from twitter in here to prove any point. You can post a link with a warning of what is behind it, but please do not inline that.

It was text only, and French, at that. I would never post photos or anything of the sort.

Also here's probably the last word on the beheading of kids. If it happened or not, we'll never know for sure, but I trust the reporters who have said they verified it. And even if it's bullshit, there's still plenty of evidence of dead babies and little kids.

https://www.businessinsider.com/idf-says-wont-back-up-beheaded-babies-disrespectful-2023-10

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Definitely understandable. I'll explain what it is next time I link a twitter post.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
ISW updates, all SFW text and maps.

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1712290741672644789?t=Wt4C01yQ4fUUHigwfj4f_w&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1712286969974186000?t=09FnOCNYt9Ym1oz5riP0sA&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1712282700403368231?t=_QOtg8-rbSu21stx_Qlz8w&s=19

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

The problem is, Fivemarks has a valid points.

Isreal has spent decades doing the EXACT same poo poo as Hamas, and it gets a public pass because they have better PR. The view must be applied across both sides. Otherwise, this turns into a Fox News version of the Iraq War. THEY set the rules of engagement over the years. Hamas should conduct themselves better, but they won't as long as they feel justified by their enemy.

Is it the exact same poo poo?

I think what Israel does is reprehensible, but is civilian casualties as a result of collateral damage from air strikes the same thing Hamas does? Hamas specifically chooses areas where there are Palestinian civilians to use as missile launch sites, munitions stores, meeting places, etc because it's a propaganda victory and a win for them if Israel chooses to air strike that target. And it seems to me that more often than not, Israel WARNS the civilians beforehand so they have time to evacuate.

So really, Hamas is just as culpable for those civilian deaths as Israel is. They're using them basically as human shields. And its a propaganda win for them to spread pictures of their dead and wounded. And there have been a gently caress ton of cases where Hamas uses staged and faked casualties as propaganda, too. Or outright lies. People in this thread wanna complain about Israel making poo poo up? That's Hamas' bread and butter. Spreading fake poo poo, reusing old photos, staging fake casualties, inflating casualty numbers, saying someone's a civilian when they were actually a member of Hamas. As bad as American media regurgitates the Israeli side of things, European and Middle Eastern media sure as gently caress does the same for Palestine.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it's right to play the moral equivalence game and say that civilian casualties from air strikes are just as evil and barbaric and terroristic as suicide bombings and brutal massacres and mutilations.

This by no means excuses the cases where the Israelis actually do gun down civilians, especially the illegal "settlers". But those cases seem to be the exception, whereas civilians killed in air strikes seem to be the majority of the cases of civilians dying on the Palestinian side.

There is no good side in this conflict. At all. But I dont think equivocating the two is right. One is causing civilian death as a side effect and consequence. The other is purposefully causing civilian death with the express purpose of terrorizing a population.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I can understand, empathize and agree with taking up arms against an occupier. Resistance is a natural right. Where you lose me is the wholesale slaughter of non-combatants and deliberate targeting of civilians. That's not resistance, it's terrorism and a war crime. That isn't meant to handwave away what Israel is doing with its airstrikes and cutting off food, water and fuel to Gaza. Both sides have plenty of blood on their hands and I feel for the innocent Palestinians and Israeli citizens who will bear the punishment for their leaders' crimes.

Once again you post my exact opinion so much more succinctly and eloquently than I.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I think we can all agree that Hamas seizing power in Gaza has made life even more hellish for Gazans than before.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
poo poo is going down in Jordan. Protesters being dispersed with tear gas and poo poo.

Jordan disperses pro-Palestinian protesters heading to border with West Bank

quote:

AMMAN, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Jordanian riot police on Friday forcibly dispersed hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters trying to reach a border zone with the Israeli-occupied West Bank as thousands held anti-Israel demonstrations across the country, witnesses said.

Jordan is worried that a regional widening of violence arising from the war between Israel and Palestinian Islamist group Hamas in Gaza could have repercussions for itself given that a large percentage of its population are Palestinians.

Jordan lost the West Bank including East Jerusalem to Israel in the 1967 Middle East war and the Palestinian territory was seeing a rise in violence between Palestinians and the Israeli military and settlers even before the Gaza conflict erupted.

Witnesses said police fired tear gas to halt about 500 demonstrators who had reached a security checkpoint outside the capital Amman on a highway leading to a main border crossing.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/tens-thousands-protest-after-muslim-prayers-mideast-israeli-103952022

Tens of thousands protest after Muslim prayers across Mideast over Israeli airstrikes on Gaza

quote:

JERUSALEM -- Tens of thousands of Muslims demonstrated Friday across the Middle East in support of the Palestinians and against the intensifying Israeli bombardment of Gaza, underscoring the risk of a wider regional conflict as Israel prepares for a possible ground invasion.

From the typically sedate streets of downtown Amman in Jordan, to Yemen's war-scarred capital of Sanaa, crowds of Muslim worshippers poured into the streets after weekly Friday prayers, angered by devastating Israeli airstrikes on Gaza that began after the militant group Hamas launched an unprecedented surprise attack on Israel last Saturday.

Thousands demonstrated in Amman in neighboring Jordan, some crying out: “We are going to Jerusalem as millions of martyrs!”

coalition, demonstrators crowded the streets waving Yemeni and Palestinian flags. The rebels' slogan long has been: “God is the greatest; death to America; death to Israel; curse of the Jews; victory to Islam.”

“We are ready to participate actively and send hundreds of thousands of mujahedeen ... .to defend Palestine, the Palestinian people and the holy sites,” the Houthi government said in a statement Friday.

After Friday prayers, Egyptian demonstrators ringed the historic Al-Azhar Mosque in downtown Cairo, the Sunni Muslim world’s foremost religious institution, chanting that Israel remained their enemy “generation after generation." They repeated the traditionally nationalistic slogan, “We give our souls and blood to Al-Aqsa."

In Pakistan's capital of Islamabad, some worshippers trampled on American and Israeli flags.

“International media and international courts turn a blind eye to the injustices with the Palestinians. But they only notice the actions that the Palestinians take to defend themselves," said Faheem Ahmed, a worshipper in Karachi. "They call it terrorism.”

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 13, 2023

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
This is a pretty good video

https://youtu.be/lbSFJaFuWU0?si=HcdTUfd4EZUfNA63

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Israel killed a journalist and wounded 2 others covering the poo poo in Lebanon. They were blown up, unclear with what (unfortunate artillery strike collateral damage, or if they were targeted by a missile). Lots of NSFL pics and videos circling the war reddits and Twitter so beware whay you click.

This poo poo just gets more and more depressing the more you pay attention to it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
They still didn't have to kill innocent civilians.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Perun rules.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Saw some video of the hospital parking lot (not NSFW, no blood or anything of the sort from the two videos I've seen). Just a whole bunch of torched cars and no big crater like you'd expect with a JDAM, and buildings with windows blown out.

I hope those casualty figures were highly inflated.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Iranian-backed militias have conducted eight attacks over the past three days across the Middle East in a multi-theater escalation against the United States and Israel.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/iran-update-october-20-2023

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas puts out an informational video about their TBG room clearing RPG that they use to clear out israelis from apartments they try to hole up in, double warhead, one for penetration, the other for the inside of the room targeted.

https://twitter.com/TurkiShalhoub/status/1721561441365262405?s=20

Holy gently caress that's terrifying.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Israel is 14 hours underway with an operation around Al Shifa hospital. They claim that there's a Hamas command center under the hospital.

The conditions inside are deteriorating and are very grave. Babies have died due to no power for their incubators.

The whole thing, just like their overall operation, is horrendous.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao "10/7 denial" because Israel lied about a bunch of poo poo and never backed it up with any sort of evidence other than literally being like "We have pictures but you can't see them"

What the gently caress? Hamas filmed themselves doing it. There's gory horrible videos all out there for you to see full of dead and kidnapped civilians. Horrible videos, poo poo you can't unsee. Have you completely missed them?

And you're saying Israel made it all up? What the gently caress?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

BUUNNI posted:

I don’t think dead people can realize they’re dead and then shriek at the realization lol

Sometimes people can tell real quick that they're dying and bleeding out after being shot. I've seen enough videos to have seen people saying "I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead" or "I'm dying." And then they die.

But you're right, most people who don't immediately have their off switch smacked don't realize they're dying.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah I sometimes have a hard time getting that poo poo outa my head. Some things you just can't unsee / unhear.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Uhhh

https://twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1730266898347037022?t=MAPhPb7bnNbQhp3yILUzpg&s=19

https://twitter.com/CAugustElliott/status/1730301926745764155?t=GH_DYxlWgwioxgyNS4Zv3A&s=19

https://www.972mag.com/mass-assassination-factory-israel-calculated-bombing-gaza/

SEEMS REALLY BAD

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I haven't been paying attention at all. How has Burns been as CIA director?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

I think it was a pretty big part of cold war diplomacy as well. I recall reading a retrospective analysis that one of the reasons why the US and USSR existed in an awkward peace for most of the cold war was that they were both aware of the "real" thinking and intentions of the other. We're seen that re-emerge here and also with Burns' commiques with the Russians during Prigozhin's aborted coup.

If anything, I think the post-9/11 era eroded that function with an emphasis on counter terrorism.

See also: The Moscow Rules, an unofficial but generally agreed upon set of rules that both agencies adhered to for decades.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
What the everliving gently caress is wrong with those psychos

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Always a classic.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah but it's funny as hell so who cares

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It can be cool and good that an IRCG fuckstick is dead, AND that it was a dumb move bombing a consular building. They should've bombed his vehicle or something.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Tangy Zizzle posted:

1) America is extremely vulnerable to Iranian attack in Syria, Iraq, all throughout the Persian gulf/red sea span really. Bases that do not have enough dedicated AA to put down a full barrage of missiles, oil and transport infrastructure, etc. Thousands of personnel in the region are at risk and can be liquidated very quickly if Iran gets froggy. Even starting an emergency evacuation would be problematic, as attacks of convenience could be scaled up, and Israel would go basically to Defcon 1 if that happened. The US is only in a position to attack Iran if it 'goes first' - and even then it would be wildly painful, in dollars and lives.

2) People are really not talking about Israel as a nuclear power - a rogue state completely surrounded that is quickly losing support for it's activities. If North Korea tomorrow identified a minority group inside it's borders and started exterminating them - could we stop them without nuclear war? I doubt it. This is clearly where the 'might = right' rubber meets the road. If Israel loses military support from the US, it'll get even more aggressive in it's wars against Iran, Syria, and Lebanon - and it has nuclear weapons while it's opponents do not. If the US starts dramatically evacuating it's personnel from the region to lower their risk of attack, Israel will take that as a signal to go ape.

What's the solution here? A general draw down of US assets, signaling to Iran and other adversaries that the US is lowering the temperature while Israel is doing everything in it's power short of nuking Rafah to raise those same temperatures.

There's little to no way we are going to draw down forces in Syria and Iraq with ISIS still there.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

What strategic threat do they post which requires continued US presence? Have they really not been degraded to the point that local actors can handle them?

[Quote]
There's a decent article from the Soufan Center that addresses this a little bit

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

IRAQ NAVIGATES THE MIDEAST CRISIS

Bottom Line Up Front:
The March attack by Islamic State (IS) on a Moscow theater has dimmed the prospects for a substantial drawdown of the U.S. contingent of 2,500 military advisors and trainers still in Iraq.

The upcoming U.S. visit of Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani will focus on the U.S. troop presence as well as efforts to prevent further attacks on them by Iran-backed Shia militia groups.

Major disputes between Baghdad and Kurdish leaders in northern Iraq, as well as between major Kurdish factions, have flared over the rules for June elections in Iraqi Kurdistan.

Many Iraqis support the stance of Iran and its allies in the ongoing Mideast crisis, but Baghdad wants to avoid alienating Washington and to limit Iran’s influence in Iraq.

As Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani prepares for a pivotal visit to Washington in mid-April, his government is attempting to navigate through multiple currents roiling the region, calls to distance the country from U.S. mentorship, and internal crises that continue to divide Iraq’s Arab leaders from their Kurdish counterparts that run northern Iraq. Although al-Sudani is expected to have a broad agenda for his visit, including not only security but political and economic relations, the key driver for the trip is U.S.-Iraq negotiations for a reduction in the U.S. military presence in Iraq. The U.S. military mission currently consists of about 2,500 personnel advising, mentoring, and training Iraqi forces combatting the threat posed by Islamic State (IS). In January, partly to alleviate political pressure exerted on al-Sudani by pro-Iranian Iraqi militia leaders, Iraqi and U.S. military officials announced they would hold formal talks through the bilateral U.S.-Iraq Higher Military Commission (HMC) on the mission of the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq. The announcement, which implied the U.S. would agree to reduce its presence in the country substantially, appeared to represent, in part, a U.S. effort to deprive Iran-backed groups in Iraq of a rationale to continue attacking U.S. forces. Pro-Iranian forces in Iraq and Syria attacked U.S. bases in both countries on 180 occasions from October 19 until February 3 but have since stood down following significant U.S. strikes on their facilities in early February. The U.S. agreement to consider a departure or drawdown also appeared intended to assuage an Iraqi population that is highly pro-Palestinian and has tended to support Iran’s actions against the United States and Israel since October 7.

Although it appeared that U.S. officials might acquiesce to a significant force reduction in Iraq, developments in the past two months have perhaps shifted Iraqi calculations, making a substantial U.S. drawdown less likely. The two governments are re-evaluating whether the threat to Iraq from IS has been reduced to the point where the U.S. advisory and training mission could be terminated or even significantly scaled back. The March 22 attack on a theater outside Moscow, for which IS claimed responsibility and which killed nearly 140 persons, has caused global intelligence agencies to re-evaluate the degree to which IS’ terrorism capability has been degraded. Inside Iraq, government forces announced they had killed a prominent IS fighter, Samir Khader Sharif Shihan Al-Nimrawi, on March 28, suggesting the group is showing signs of resurgence in the country. According to Iraqi authorities, Nimrawi was responsible for the transfer of fighters, weapons, and explosives between Iraq and Syria, where the group has also become more active in recent weeks against forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Al Assad. On March 21, IS killed 11 truffle hunters in northern Syria. Nearly 900 U.S. forces remain in Syria fighting IS, while also containing the activities of Iran-backed Syrian militia operating in the east, across the border from Iraq. At a late March hearing of the House Armed Services Committee hearing, the commander of U.S. Central Command, General Michael Kurilla, testified that U.S. intelligence estimates there are around 1,000 IS fighters still fighting in Iraq. Yet, debate on the strength of IS in Iraq and Syria is unsettled: in its report on IS for the fourth quarter of 2023, the Defense Department’s Office of Inspector General said: “IS continued to conduct attacks against civilians, Iraqi and Syrian partner forces and regime forces in Syria,” but “…remained incapable of mounting large, complex attacks locally or externally, even as coalition forces increased their focus on force protection due to the Iran-aligned militia attacks.” The report characterized the militants as being in “survival posture” in Iraq and Syria, adding that, “[i]n Iraq, due to counter-terrorism pressure, the IS threat was largely contained, though IS continued to exploit security gaps between federal Iraq and the Iraqi Kurdistan Region and conducted sporadic attacks, mostly in Shia communities.”

Prime Minister al-Sudani is also likely to discuss with President Joe Biden and other U.S. officials the internal situation that is compounding the government’s challenges from IS, Iran-backed groups pushing to expel U.S. forces, Iranian efforts to influence the country, and economic difficulties. In March, a major dispute arose between federal election authorities, which run all elections within Iraqi territory, and the most powerful Iraqi Kurdish faction, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP). Baghdad’s supreme court altered an election law for the long-delayed elections, planned for June 10, to vote for members of the 111-seat parliament in the Kurdish-run northern region. The court eliminated the 11 seats “reserved” for minorities (Christians, Turkomans, and Armenians) – which generally are elected in KDP-controlled territory and ensure the KDP more seats in the body than its main rival, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK). The decision provoked the KDP to announce a boycott of the Kurdistan elections, throwing the holding of the elections into doubt outright and compounding already significant disputes between Baghdad and the Kurds over the exportation of oil from northern Iraq, revenue sharing, and other issues. U.S. officials are unlikely to try to mediate any Baghdad–Erbil disputes, but U.S. officials will likely urge al-Sudani to resolve the rift amicably. U.S. relations with Iraqi Kurdish groups have been close and extensive since the 1991 war to expel Saddam Hussein’s forces from Kuwait, and the Kurds staunchly oppose any drawdown of U.S. military forces in Iraq, some of which are based in the north to work alongside the Kurdish “peshmerga” militia units.

President Biden and other U.S. officials are furthermore certain to use the al-Sudani visit to encourage Baghdad to maintain pressure on the Iran-backed groups that remain strong and highly anti-U.S., despite standing down in the face of U.S. retaliatory attacks on their facilities. U.S. officials are confident that moderate Iraqis of all the major communities will overlook U.S. support for Israel in the Mideast crisis and oppose increased Iranian influence in Iraq. Many Iraqis view alignment with Iran as likely to alienate Iraq from the Arab world, undermine Iraqi democracy, and aid Tehran’s exploitation of Iraq’s economy. During a late March visit to Washington by Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein, in advance of al-Sudani’s trip, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated the U.S.-Iraq Strategic Framework Agreement (SFA) addresses not only security relations, but also many areas of economic cooperation that the al-Sudani government considers crucial, including water, energy, environment and delivery of service issues. U.S. corporations have invested extensively in these and other Iraqi economic sectors since the 2003 U.S.-led ouster of Saddam Hussein’s regime. Suggesting Baghdad did not want to jeopardize U.S. investment and other economic benefits, the Iraqi foreign minister affirmed his country remains a critical U.S. partner, and stated Baghdad needs to continue joint efforts with the United States to build Iraq’s economy. Implied, but not stated, in Hussein’s comments was Baghdad’s understanding that its relationship with Tehran, which is under extensive U.S. and other sanctions, furnishes little, if any, tangible economic benefit to the Iraqi people. Baghdad is unlikely to distance itself from the United States because of ideological and political pressure from Iran, Iran’s allies in Iraq, or even from the sentiment of the population that is highly critical of the U.S. stance on the Israel-Hamas war. Still, it remains an open question whether Iraq would be willing, or able, to act against Iran-backed militias if the groups resume their attacks on U.S. bases in the country. With yesterday’s Israeli strike on a high-ranking Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps – Quds Force (IRGC-QF) compound in Damascus, Syria, three IRGC-QF generals were reportedly killed. The Damascus strike will almost certainly be met with an escalatory response from Iran and its so-called "Axis of Resistance," which could come in the form of a Hezbollah strike against Israel, more Houthi missile and drone attacks in the Red Sea, militias in Syria firing at U.S. troops, or perhaps something more direct from the IRGC-QF itself.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just watch out for the sparky swamps

I appreciate this reference.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

A series of motorbike couriers ferried the message at speeds that were by all accounts impossible to achieve

Is this a reference to that one wargame where that general did that to bypass blue force SIGINT?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
loving finally. A good start.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
No no you see, it's so they can be precise about which building full of innocent civilians they're targeting.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Outright evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://thesoufancenter.org/intelbrief-2024-may-15/

IntelBrief: Continued Fighting in Gaza Amid Ongoing Ceasefire Talks

Bottom Line Up Front

IDF ground combat troops and Hamas militants have been engaging in close-quarters combat in areas previously cleared by Israel, including the Gaza City neighborhood of Jabaliya and parts of Zeitoun, where Hamas has been firing mortars at Israeli troops.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has again expressed concerns over a growing disconnect between Israel’s political and military strategy in the conflict, suggesting that Israeli tactical victories won’t be “sustainable” without a comprehensive plan for what happens after the fighting stops.

Fighting this week continues to demonstrate the complexity of urban warfare as both the IDF and Hamas fighters maneuver for leverage amidst the continuous flow of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and civilians attempting to flee areas under bombardment.

The IDF’s seizure of the Gaza side of the Rafah border has drastically increased tensions between Israel and Egypt, which could impact ongoing negotiations that Cairo has been a key interlocutor throughout.