Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Arione posted:

I mean, it worked out pretty well for us in WW2, all the times after that we didnt do the WC thing and we lost.

Yeah I gotta hope this is sarcastic because if not then lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Arione posted:

Once you understand the doctrine of Taqyyia you stop even humoring Islamic media for accurate reports.

Hey yo duder this is some pretty racist "can't trust those wily Muslims cause their religion orders them to lie and deceive infidels" poo poo. Lots of media in the Arabic world is lovely, but so is lots of media coming out of Israel and Europe and Russia and India and the US and every-goddamn-where else on the planet.

Taqiya just means that if someone wants to kill you for being Muslim, it's okay to pretend you're not Muslim to avoid getting killed until you can get somewhere safe. IE martyrdom is not compulsory.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 13, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You suck if you think this is funny.

They suck for a lot of reasons, showcased in this thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

dubzee posted:

MEMRITV has been translating some enlightening stuff since this popped off. Definitely worth a look at the Islamic side of the media.

https://www.memri.org/tv/iran-tv-video-warning-israel-ground-operation-gaza-tanks-turn-to-coffins

It's not very applicable to this particular video but please be aware that MEMRI has a history of being very biased in their translation decisions to the point of being deliberately misleading at times: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/middle-east-media-research-institute-memri/

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Discussion Quorum posted:

How many assholes US governors do we have in this country, anyway?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

55 actually, the territories have governors too and iirc DC's mayor is considered a governor as well

I could claim that I was giving them a 5% benefit of the doubt but the truth is I forgot.

On the other hand I doubt the governor of USVI is going to make a trip to Israel about this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Potato Salad posted:

If Israel wanted to get serious about durable security for its civilians, there's an option on the table that would immediately cut a massive share of Hamas' support out from under it.

All it takes is a willingness to neither purge Palestinians from their homeland nor legally treat them as second class citizens. It's functionally free.

Remember this at any time the Israeli State elects--for little material upside--not to pay this cost for peace.

The ghost of Yitzhak Rabin is nodding along sadly.

E: brain fart, wrong PM

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 27, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gone, like warm piss in the cold ocean. Anyone take a screenshot of whatever it was?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I just took issue with the stance of "well its sad if Palestine loses their aid but gotta get rid of Bibi", then saw the rap sheet involved a forum ban from d&d. How do you even do that?

You have to be a shithead in an indecorous way.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fivemarks posted:

It seems a bit, i dunno, hyper cynical? Like the author is jerking off about how crassly cynical they can be to people honestly asking for advice in good faith.

Honest question: Have you ever worked in an intel shop?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Xakura posted:

You should 100% ignore self-assigned callsigns, unless they later did something dumb that made the callsign ironic.

If they give themselves a call sign that's how you know they're not actually a pilot. Try that in an actual flying unit and see what happens to you.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This is the company that is going to be running humanitarian aid out of the Gaza port- https://fogbow.ch

They don't list any countries where they've operated, agencies that they've worked with or their actual technical capabilities, but their company leadership bios are, uh, interesting. Here's a few:

And only one guy who actually seems to have a background in humanitarian assistance:

This looks like the board of a company bidding on a vendor contract with JSOC, not who I would have expected to be running humanitarian shipments into Gaza. Would have figured that there would have been Army SF or Civil Affairs types here given that they actually have experience providing humanitarian assistance in semi-permissive or denied areas rather than the guys who show up, kill everything on target and then write a book about it.

Three letter agent, glow so bright!

Also, the .ch domain is for Switzerland, which I didn't know until I just now looked it up. Odd choice.

Also also the site appears to be down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Discussion Quorum posted:

Between your comment and the thumbnail I am just going to assume that is a pro-not-click

No people featured in the clip. It's symbolic rather than literal but it's a hell of a symbolic gesture.