Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

A critter called a “yellow sack spider” crawled across my screen, and it looked very alarming, so I looked it up. Apparently it can harm you pretty badly but is not usually fatal. I found it on a hat, and put the hat in a bag and tied it.

How long do I need to leave it in the bag to starve to death, or what should I do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Good Sphere posted:

How long do I need to leave it in the bag to starve to death, or what should I do now?

weeks. just move.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just flick it outside

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wee posted:

Just flick it outside

Seconded, spiders freak me out but I'll still kick em out if they're indoors instead of grabbing a shoe

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Burn your house down just to be safe.

Unless it's the fireproof subspecies of the yellow sack spider in which case you're omega boned

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yellow Sac spiders arent particularly dangerous, just shoo it off the hat ya baby.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If it didn't lay eggs in the hat before it definitely has now thanks to your handy privacy curtain and enclosure.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

NGL, the hat thumbnail looks like a denim butt.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I let it outside, and it scurried away quite happily while flipping me the bird.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

You Are A Elf posted:

NGL, the hat thumbnail looks like a denim butt.

Who here hasn't had rear end spiders?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

now it's gonna smell like a human and its mommy wont feed it

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Punkinhead posted:

If it didn't lay eggs in the hat before it definitely has now thanks to your handy privacy curtain and enclosure.

:ohdear: how small are the eggs?!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Good Sphere posted:

:ohdear: how small are the eggs?!

The size of human pores, if your head itches at any point after wearing the hat I have terrible painful news :(

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Punkinhead posted:

The size of human pores, if your head itches at any point after wearing the hat I have terrible painful news :(

I will sanitize the hat and the plastic bag, so I can safely reuse it as a small trash bag (the plastic bag).

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

realistically an egg sack would be really obvious, glued to the wall with webbing everywhere, lots of visible eggs clustered together.

yellow spiders tend to lay them at ground level

check around the trim of your rooms for a little dusty-looking lump. probably in the bathroom or another dry cool place.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Good Sphere posted:

I will sanitize the hat and the plastic bag, so I can safely reuse it as a small trash bag (the plastic bag).

Yeah your hat needs a good wash anyway

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

like this:

maybe on the ceiling too, probably in the corner

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

spiders are p cool imo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
At least you didn’t find it behind a wall clock

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Eat it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey spider, nice sack.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It will probably make you immune to the eggs OP

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
You got a lotta sack buddy!

naem
May 29, 2011

GolfHole posted:

now it's gonna smell like a human and its mommy wont feed it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

GolfHole posted:

like this:

maybe on the ceiling too, probably in the corner

He just goin' Super Saiyan.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I read the title as a highly valuable spider and was about to post that you should sell it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
paging little miss muffet

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Bunch of gross webs come from my yellow sack I tell you hwhat

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let it bite you but just a little bit

if you microdose the venom for a month or two you will get immunity and have nothing to fear anymore

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Good Sphere posted:

I let it outside, and it scurried away quite happily while flipping me the bird.

Thank you :unsmith:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My wife keeps jumping spiders as pets and apparently in “the community” baby spiders are called “spoodles”.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Let the spider free OP. It'll eat up all the other bugs in your house.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Surrounding the spider with a salt circle with a radius of roughly 40-80 centimeters and chanting "juggle asinus testiculis" three times should take care of it.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
That spider was radioactive and would have turned you into a real life spiderman, sorry you missed out op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yellow sack of poo poo

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Dixville posted:

That spider was radioactive and would have turned you into a real life spiderman, sorry you missed out op

Spider-man is pretty much the worst one to be. You have to use that 'great power' responsibly or people die. Can't just go into pro-wrestling or make money off it. That's not allowed.

He's not even that strong. Spider-man is still squarely in the "would just get shot" category. OP made the right choice.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Fuckin dumbass spider can't eat pollen, you ain't a bee.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

That spider was innocent. You did the right thing OP. The spider will remember this.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Good Sphere posted:

A critter called a “yellow sack spider” crawled across my screen, and it looked very alarming, so I looked it up. Apparently it can harm you pretty badly but is not usually fatal. I found it on a hat, and put the hat in a bag and tied it.

That first photo looks like the underside of a boob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Extra row of tits posted:

That first photo looks like the underside of a boob

quote:

Birds on top, spiders underneath?