Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Feels

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

whoop, posted just as the other thread ended so bringing this over

hell yea

i didn't expect so many players and such to be speaking about how dumb the "ban" is, so that's cool to see

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Different

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

This year does not feel different

e: case in point the Leafs recalled Simon Benoit, which… why

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Gonna see the Leafs in DC on the 24th, I'll let you guys know if they feel any different.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oilers: back baby
Leafs: feel different

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Colorado Avalanche, led by the Jonathan Drouin rejuvenation, are winning the Cup this year

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol Toronto

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1712162416807858439

Lol.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

I'm excited for Maple Leafs hockey :rms:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

I actually will feel bad for CAS if when you lose Pettersson... losing a star due to incompetent decision making at the management level kinda sucks if you ask me, an expert.

Edit: I'll still find it funny though

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup finish an entire platter of Mamma Lucia chicken parm with mushroom marsala, Alfredo, marinara and meat sauce.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ok I take it back, this season now feels a little different

https://twitter.com/sunhornby/status/1712196376082219294?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

RIP to the best goal song

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Who wants to bet the Leafs don’t score tonight so nobody hears the new song

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

That's what i was thinking when they said it will be debuted tonight.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Maybe they will never score again

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I like Hall and Oates and liked that goal song for the first couple of seasons because it was such a weird choice, but holy poo poo am I ever glad it's done. Until I hear what it's being replaced with.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Can't wait to boo Tavares every time he so much as looks at the puck. Hockey is back baby

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think that Vancouver makes the playoffs this year. This is the season that has been promised to Canucks fans for near a decade now. They will start with beating the Oilers tonight. Believe in the Canucks!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:iidx:
I'm down on my daydream
Oh this season feels different somehow, I know
yeaaaah you
:toot:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/sungarrioch/status/1712130594287603735?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Pierre rushing to sign Korpisalo and Tarasenko for a combined $10mil and then not doing a fuckin thing all summer about having $875k left of cap space to sign Shane Pinto was a bad choice, in hindsight

Entering the season with somebody called Rourke Chartier as the 3C when your job is on the line owns though

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
For any cord cutters out there, TNT games are available on HBOMAX this year. They're included in your MAX subscription until February, after which point it becomes a $9.99/month add-on. No idea if it'll still be included for 'free' if you get MAX through a subscription to HBO through traditional cable.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 11, 2023

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

OldSenileGuy posted:

For any cord cutters out there, TNT games are available on HBOMAX this year. They're included in your MAX subscription until February, after which point it becomes a $9.99/month add-on. No idea if it'll still be included for 'free' if you get MAX through a subscription to HBO through traditional cable.

Lols, 9.99/month? For 8 games?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
its incredible that the NHL has managed to co-opt its own season opening with anti-lgbtq policies and the subsequent backlash. very on brand

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

its incredible that the NHL has managed to co-opt its own season opening with anti-lgbtq policies and the subsequent backlash. very on brand

It's a welcome change of pace from the traditional opening of threatening a lockout

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Jhet posted:

Lols, 9.99/month? For 8 games?

It's part of a whole sports add-on package so it probably gives you whatever NBA and MLB games are on TNT/TBS/whatever else they own, but I don't care about any of those sports so I don't know much about what else you get.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I guess if you just turned it on for one month during the playoffs in a year where they have the finals it's not horrible

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1712232574582739092

Come On
Let's Canucks Go

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think it's meant to be read "Let's come on Go!'

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Every year: "I should watch hockey"

NHLTV/(now espn+): only about 10 or so local team games per season, no playoffs, $10+ a month

"I want to watch local games and playoffs"

Okay your only choice is your "regional sports network" (RootNW). It's only available through one of two $100 a month TV packages (Fubo or DirectTV Streaming). No you can't pay the RSN directly just to stream them.

I'm so sick and tired of this song and dance.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I read it as you saying to a mate, “come on, let’s go” after they give up their 7th goal.

Or Petey saying it to Quinn after they finish 25th this season..

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I am reading "come on, let's GO" in the tone of a guy stuck in traffic after watching a bad hockey game

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Come on let's CGo!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs new goal song was leaked
https://youtu.be/VbZMnF1VNlE?si=tYGggvORWGoVoRgG

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Go Devils, tomorrow

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

HKR posted:

Every year: "I should watch hockey"

NHLTV/(now espn+): only about 10 or so local team games per season, no playoffs, $10+ a month

"I want to watch local games and playoffs"

Okay your only choice is your "regional sports network" (RootNW). It's only available through one of two $100 a month TV packages (Fubo or DirectTV Streaming). No you can't pay the RSN directly just to stream them.

I'm so sick and tired of this song and dance.

The Regional Sports Fee is $11 a month too, so you're paying that for it. I have Fubo and it's at $82/month because of the taxes and fees. Haven't found a cheaper way to get RootNW anywhere.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

espn+ and a VPN is the only reasonable option

Kale
May 14, 2010

Obligatory heralded dumb fight out of the way for the Don Cherry's of the world out of the way now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jhet posted:

The Regional Sports Fee is $11 a month too, so you're paying that for it. I have Fubo and it's at $82/month because of the taxes and fees. Haven't found a cheaper way to get RootNW anywhere.

...Isn't that more than cable?