Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

GoonGPT posted:

Who was it that was asking if they should cheer for the Canucks?

Cause this is the sort of thing you get to look forward to.

Hi, it's me, the guy who was looking forward to a Canucks postseason run because he cheered for them a long time ago as a kid.

Game 1 was fun though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah Demko's day to day right up until after this series the Canucks admit he had surgery the night of game 2.

Impressions after spending the last 4 hours watching yesterday's games:

* If you're just now realizing that God hates the Vancouver Canucks I don't know what to tell you.

* Already pumped for the Leafs somehow gaining and then inevitably blowing a 3-1 series lead.

* $DEITY, watching the Islanders turtle for 55 minutes is horrible. So loving glad it blew up in their faces at the end. And yet, if that's what you're gonna do against a good team, the Carolina Hurricanes are the right opponent for it. Hurricanes dominating the stat sheet but struggling to gain traction in the playoffs because they can't finish and their goaltending is bad... what year is it??

* Boy does Logan Thompson suck. 5-hole, boss? What's that? ...at least that's my impression because I think I've watched him play maybe 12 times and he's let in horrible goals in like 10 of them. Then I look him up and he has a career .918 so I guess he's actually pretty good?

* What the hell has happened to Jake Oettinger? If he'd just stayed good for one more year the Stars may well have cruised to the Cup.

* Does Zach Hyman have the greatest job in sports or what? Just get near the net and let McDavid bounce goals in off of you.

* That said, Darude, please tell me even more about how this year's Edmonton Oilers are totally different from the Edmonton Oilers of the last 6 years. :allears:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They won the first game of a series for the first time in like a decade!

Edit: Also its real easy to just drive by poo poo post the same thing over and over again without actually like stating why you think what you do vs stating anything that is an actual fact. 15 teams in the playoffs won't win the cup wow shocking development that you'll be right about 15/16 you say won't win the cup!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 23, 2024

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
https://twitter.com/WiebesWorld/status/1782826820447948901?t=xVA7NTtlo_ObnIIgGrRHfw&s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Also its real easy to just drive by poo poo post the same thing over and over again without actually like stating why you think what you do vs stating anything that is an actual fact.

It sure is!!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I mean, all we have to do is keep Winnipeg out of our zone for 60 minutes. That's doable :shepicide:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

* Boy does Logan Thompson suck. 5-hole, boss? What's that? ...at least that's my impression because I think I've watched him play maybe 12 times and he's let in horrible goals in like 10 of them. Then I look him up and he has a career .918 so I guess he's actually pretty good?

He does give up softies, but he's usually pretty good about shrugging them off.

Also Vegas is very good at taking pressure off their goalies

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

For fucks sake, what a let down. Certainly possible with a game lead that DeSmith or Silovs can find 3 more wins - butay series against McDavid without Demko isnt going to be remotely competitive.

Maybe in another ten years they can have another good season.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Oh loving come on

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

don't doxx me

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They won the first game of a series for the first time in like a decade!

Edit: Also its real easy to just drive by poo poo post the same thing over and over again without actually like stating why you think what you do vs stating anything that is an actual fact. 15 teams in the playoffs won't win the cup wow shocking development that you'll be right about 15/16 you say won't win the cup!!!

hell yea tell em

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
If the Leafs are the embodiment of 'No Children' their current status is 'This year'

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

There will be feasting and dancing in Toronto this year?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

chaibat posted:

There will be feasting and dancing in Toronto this year?

If you’ve ever been to a show here you’d know nobody dances in Toronto

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

grack posted:

gently caress

:negative:

ONE GAME

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Welp, so much for that. It was a fun season I guess.

buddy I miss you. Do you have some type of Twilight Zone thing where you can only show up when there's devastating Canucks news? I was looking forward to seeing you post marginally happy stuff for once lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

buddy I miss you. Do you have some type of Twilight Zone thing where you can only show up when there's devastating Canucks news? I was looking forward to seeing you post marginally happy stuff for once lol

The Canucks do not allow happiness.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1782906315074912667

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Hoping Demko will be alright for round 2, should Vancouver make it that far. And if they can't get through Nashville without him, they'd be toast against the rest of the field anyway.

I don't expect DeSmith to steal any games but I don't expect him to blow any, either. Thankfully Vancouver has an actual team.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

So basically the last islanders game if Varly wasn’t playing well.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Wrong thread

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: taking this down; it was a tweet about Carolina's social media people and I didn't fully know the context

shyduck fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 24, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More likely they hid the names because some Islanders fans are scum.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

And giant cry babies who can’t take a mild chirp.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

fisting by many posted:

I don't expect DeSmith to steal any games but I don't expect him to blow any, either. Thankfully Vancouver has an actual team.

Yeah when he played while Demko was out on injury, he was playing pretty well actually. It was the rest of the team that really degraded and dragged things down. Hoping we get some top-tier DeSmith with a top-tier team to back him up.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Lol the sportsnet app lists the leafs as "leads series 1-1"

Albino Squirrel fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 24, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1782942721478418453

Oshie hosed around all game and found out in the funniest way possible.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1782942721478418453

Oshie hosed around all game and found out in the funniest way possible.

Move over Rempe, here comes Panarin

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Panarin can't even put PIMs on the scoreboard smh

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps maybe could’ve stole that game but they’re still not moving on. May not even get a win, this upcoming game 3 is probably where they go to poo poo and get blown out.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Panthers are fun.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Aphrodite posted:

Some Islanders fans thought Canes Twitter was too mean last night, so they doxxed a staffer that they thought made the posts. They were supposedly trying to start a rumor that she'd slept with a player.

The Canes VP of Marketing said nobody was getting fired over a few "soft fans" and that they'd removed some names from the website to protect staff. And apparently the woman getting harassed wasn't even the person tweeting yesterday.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

e: wrong thread

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That Bob save is the most ridiculous one I've ever seen

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's insane!

https://www.nhl.com/panthers/video/fla-vs-tbl-bobrovsky-crazy-save-6351506575112

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love it. I made a save like that in road hockey when I was 15 and have felt amazing about it for the rest of my life.

Obviously it's better goaltending if you simply don't get caught out so badly that you need to make a flailing stop like that, but nothing looks better than robbing a guy with a completely open net.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

deety posted:

Some Islanders fans thought Canes Twitter was too mean last night, so they doxxed a staffer that they thought made the posts. They were supposedly trying to start a rumor that she'd slept with a player.

The Canes VP of Marketing said nobody was getting fired over a few "soft fans" and that they'd removed some names from the website to protect staff. And apparently the woman getting harassed wasn't even the person tweeting yesterday.

I'm confused, I thought this was the model fanbase for being cool and good with fun chirps and good chants and we are supposed to emulate them? I dunno, seems bad!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Iunno, whatever you're trying to do seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
DeSmith letting in a floating wrister from the blueline in the first minute while the crowd was chanting LETS GO CASEY was a magic playoff moment