Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

deety posted:

Some Islanders fans thought Canes Twitter was too mean last night, so they doxxed a staffer that they thought made the posts. They were supposedly trying to start a rumor that she'd slept with a player.

The Canes VP of Marketing said nobody was getting fired over a few "soft fans" and that they'd removed some names from the website to protect staff. And apparently the woman getting harassed wasn't even the person tweeting yesterday.

Bruh what the fuuuuuck. I hate my fanbase sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Avs looked better last night. Defense deciding to not turn over the puck every 35 seconds helped

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Dirty Burger posted:

DeSmith letting in a floating wrister from the blueline in the first minute while the crowd was chanting LETS GO CASEY was a magic playoff moment

It was like something out of a movie. :lol:

Overall it was a tight game. I read it was like 80+ shots and 30+ blocks. Nashville can't keep that up. Nucks can bounce back.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Nashville's first shot of the 3rd was their ENG. Pretty much the first 15 minutes of the 3rd was in Nashville's end, it was crazy. And still it's hard to say Vancouver got any dangerous chances out of it.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Dirty Burger posted:

DeSmith letting in a floating wrister from the blueline in the first minute while the crowd was chanting LETS GO CASEY was a magic playoff moment

Youve got to be making GBS threads me?!

- my brain in that very moment

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RC Cola posted:

The Avs looked better last night. Defense deciding to not turn over the puck every 35 seconds helped

The Avs looked fine - in fact, dominated the hell out of events - in game 1, but Georgiev allowed 7 goals on 23 shots. Game 2 was a more even affair, but Georgiev let in 2 on 31.

I think if they can keep dropping 4+ goals on the Vezina winner they've got a good shot.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/markhmasters/status/1783139640657973295?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Looks stiff as hell

https://x.com/dalter/status/1783140897682567174?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Also not ideal

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Oof, ngl, those first few steps look like my own every time I hit the ice. And I'm old and bad.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

wrong thread!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Dirty Burger posted:

It's absolutely perfect. My Canucks fans friends all were so hopeful and "oh this year's different" and oh my god I am just a pig in poo poo right now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Habibi posted:

Oof, ngl, those first few steps look like my own every time I hit the ice. And I'm old and bad.

I have no doubt if the Leafs were down 0-2 the plan would be to pump him full of various drugs and have him float around ineffectually tonight, but if that's how he actually looks skating then yeah keep somebody who can actually move in the lineup

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mennoknight posted:

It's absolutely perfect. My Canucks fans friends all were so hopeful and "oh this year's different" and oh my god I am just a pig in poo poo right now

nucks winning easy

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I thought Rick Bowness got pretty badly outcoached in Game 2, and Winnipeg was worried about all the wrong poo poo. I guess we'll see what adjustments they make for Game 3.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Demko's status has changed from day to day and is now week to week

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Habibi posted:

The Avs looked fine - in fact, dominated the hell out of events - in game 1, but Georgiev allowed 7 goals on 23 shots. Game 2 was a more even affair, but Georgiev let in 2 on 31.

I think if they can keep dropping 4+ goals on the Vezina winner they've got a good shot.

Georgiev let in 7, and some were soft. But the team turned over the puck / didn't play the best defense in front of him.

Anyways this series rules, especially after watching some of these more boring series

Habibi posted:

Same!

T.C. posted:

Not ideal. I'm hoping he's not seriously injured. I still think the Canucks take the series, but in 6/7 instead of the sweep I thought it would be

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Simplex posted:

I thought Rick Bowness got pretty badly outcoached in Game 2, and Winnipeg was worried about all the wrong poo poo. I guess we'll see what adjustments they make for Game 3.

The Jets will play better in Colorado because Bowness won't be able to get the match ups he wants

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

T.C. posted:

:negative:

One game. One loving game in the playoffs is all we get.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Canucks status has changed from week to week and is now day to day

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If my goalie went down like that, I'd riot!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/sanjosesharks/status/1783201947912450314

Devils should hire him IMO.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

T.C. posted:

RIP

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm confused, I thought this was the model fanbase for being cool and good with fun chirps and good chants and we are supposed to emulate them? I dunno, seems bad!

Watching teams I dislike lose in the playoffs rocks and I've been enjoying the Canes putting a beatdown on the Isles.

Wilson needs to get his head on straight and start concussing some Rangers for me though come on Willy you probably only have two or three games left to do it before the Rangers finish you off in 4 or 5

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

I expected this to happen if they won the draft lottery but am only a little surprised they did this now. David Quinn sucks at winning and at developing players, so I guess this is a sign we're moving to the next stage of the rebuild, where we're still going to suck but the priority will be building on the fruits of our earlier sucking, rather than sucking for sucks sake.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Duck Rodgers posted:

The Jets will play better in Colorado because Bowness won't be able to get the match ups he wants

this is the only thing that scares me, Bowness deploying his lines well. although I dont think I have to worry about Bones playing Ehlers more effectively after his turnover leading to the Manson goal the other night

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
wait a sec it all makes sense, all the nucks have the flu so they're gonna be turds for at least a week

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

shyduck posted:

Canucks status has changed from week to week and is now day to day

:drat:

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Why were all of the NHL media types "shocked" that the Devils fired Lindy Ruff? I feel like they should have fired him in January, traded for a goalie, and kicked one of the mushrooms out of a playoff spot.

and I say this as extremely not a fan of the New Jersey Devils.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because he's an old boy.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if you want to be a good NHL coach coming from the college ranks you simply have to come from the University of Denver. as simple as that. Jim Montgomery? Jack Adams winner. David Carle is going to get hired and hes going to be good.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Judging by a lot of coaching moves lately I get the strong feeling that folks were waiting to see what shook out with Sullivan and he did just good enough to not get fired

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah Demko's day to day right up until after this series the Canucks admit he had surgery the night of game 2.

Impressions after spending the last 4 hours watching yesterday's games:

* If you're just now realizing that God hates the Vancouver Canucks I don't know what to tell you.

* Already pumped for the Leafs somehow gaining and then inevitably blowing a 3-1 series lead.

* $DEITY, watching the Islanders turtle for 55 minutes is horrible. So loving glad it blew up in their faces at the end. And yet, if that's what you're gonna do against a good team, the Carolina Hurricanes are the right opponent for it. Hurricanes dominating the stat sheet but struggling to gain traction in the playoffs because they can't finish and their goaltending is bad... what year is it??

* Boy does Logan Thompson suck. 5-hole, boss? What's that? ...at least that's my impression because I think I've watched him play maybe 12 times and he's let in horrible goals in like 10 of them. Then I look him up and he has a career .918 so I guess he's actually pretty good?

* What the hell has happened to Jake Oettinger? If he'd just stayed good for one more year the Stars may well have cruised to the Cup.

* Does Zach Hyman have the greatest job in sports or what? Just get near the net and let McDavid bounce goals in off of you.

* That said, Darude, please tell me even more about how this year's Edmonton Oilers are totally different from the Edmonton Oilers of the last 6 years. :allears:

I ask this with full sincerity. Is there anything you actually enjoy about watching hockey? Is there any team you think is doing well?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Lmao if you watch sports for fun and not because you hate yourself and life in general

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Twin Cinema posted:

I ask this with full sincerity. Is there anything you actually enjoy about watching hockey? Is there any team you think is doing well?

Things I have greatly enjoyed so far this playoffs:

* Connor loving McDavid

* The wall-to-wall gongshow that has been the Jets-Avs series

* Bob and Vasi's ongoing sick saves duel (pretty sure Bob won it decisively yesterday but you never know!)

* Filip Forsberg

* Every one of the 470 shots per game of Paul Maurice squinting at whatever he's looking at the way I squint at a Factorio map I've just loaded for the first time in 4 months

* The Islanders' turtling not working

* Stankoven being cool and good, and also cool

* Does Kucherov have 10 eyes or something because seriously how the hell does he even perceive the possibility of that pass he just made?

* The atmosphere in Winnipeg. I'm just a sucker for that poo poo

* Jake Guentzel being back in the playoffs

* Playoff overtime hockey. We need more than 3 minutes of it fellas, please and thank you

* Connor Hellebuyck's MAF tribute last night was great and I appreciate the mad lad just havin' fun out there

* Connor Motherfucking McDavid

RC Cola posted:

Not ideal. I'm hoping he's not seriously injured.

Most likely after the Canucks are eliminated they'll admit he had surgery like yesterday or today. "Week to week" is as close as an NHL team will ever come to admitting a guy is out for the playoffs unless they're attending his actual funeral

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 25, 2024

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Mind_Taker posted:

Lmao if you watch sports for fun and not because you hate yourself and life in general

I am a Leafs fan. I think you know how I feel.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Things I have greatly enjoyed so far this playoffs:

* Connor loving McDavid

* The wall-to-wall gongshow that has been the Jets-Avs series

* Bob and Vasi's ongoing sick saves duel (pretty sure Bob won it decisively yesterday but you never know!)

* Filip Forsberg

* Every one of the 470 shots per game of Paul Maurice squinting at whatever he's looking at the way I squint at a Factorio map I've just loaded for the first time in 4 months

* The Islanders' turtling not working

* Stankoven being cool and good, and also cool

* Does Kucherov have 10 eyes or something because seriously how the hell does he even perceive the possibility of that pass he just made?

* The atmosphere in Winnipeg. I'm just a sucker for that poo poo

* Jake Guentzel being back in the playoffs

* Playoff overtime hockey. We need more than 3 minutes of it fellas, please and thank you

* Connor Hellebuyck's MAF tribute last night was great and I appreciate the mad lad just havin' fun out there

* Connor Motherfucking McDavid

I am glad that hockey fans can all come together about Connor McDavid. Unless you're a fan of another Western Canadian hockey team.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Most likely after the Canucks are eliminated they'll admit he had surgery like yesterday or today. "Week to week" is as close as an NHL team will ever come to admitting a guy is out for the playoffs unless they're attending his actual funeral

Yeah, this is "week to week" in the playoffs, though. Demko dead. Hopefully the doctors were at least able to harvest some good organs for transplants.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I kinda want to root for the Canucks but I'm scared if they get far and lose again their fans will riot again :ohdear:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Tenkaris posted:

I kinda want to root for the Canucks but I'm scared if they get far and lose again their fans will riot again :ohdear:

don't threaten me with a good time

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think we can all agree that while the effects of rioting can be bad the posts it causes are very good

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

https://x.com/peteblackburn/status/1783274054364893589

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

New England Rotten Cookies