Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe he ordered it from Fanatics and it came that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also speaking of punchable people I’d like to present: the average lower-bowl ticket purchaser at Leafs games

https://x.com/leafsalldayy/status/1783276642548207623?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I'm just going to sit here imagining the best case scenario for Demko: Making a miraculous return to full health exactly in time for Game 1 of Round 3 vs. Vegas.

(no I don't think Vancouver survives Edmonton, if they can even get past Nashville, but let me have this)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

fisting by many posted:

I'm just going to sit here imagining the best case scenario for Demko: Making a miraculous return to full health exactly in time for Game 1 of Round 3 vs. Vegas.

(no I don't think Vancouver survives Edmonton, if they can even get past Nashville, but let me have this)

have some confidence amigo sports is way more fun that way

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’m confident Nucks can get passed the Preds in 6. After? It’s time to focus to on Euro Cup.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

I’m confident Nucks can get passed the Preds in 6. After? It’s time to focus to on Euro Cup.

ya kings have our number this year

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Getting emotional about Hockey with this post but I don’t think there’s ever been a better time to be a fan. In the regular season 9 players finished with over 100 points, had 17 40 goal scorers and the last wildcard spot ended in the most hilarious way imaginable. Playoffs have had like 10 unreal moments already, the Bobrovsky save, McDavid 5 assists game 1, Panarin channeling Trouba last night and the Kempe goal tonight

https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1783326315891822810?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Getting emotional about Hockey with this post but I don’t think there’s ever been a better time to be a fan. In the regular season 9 players finished with over 100 points, had 17 40 goal scorers and the last wildcard spot ended in the most hilarious way imaginable. Playoffs have had like 10 unreal moments already, the Bobrovsky save, McDavid 5 assists game 1, Panarin channeling Trouba last night and the Kempe goal tonight

https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1783326315891822810?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

2011 was better but aside from that agreed 100%

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024

The Dirty Burger posted:

That goal is so filthy.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Getting emotional about Hockey with this post

I hated the Leafs game tonight and obviously league management is gross and criminal but you’re absolutely right the game of hockey owns right now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Dirty Burger posted:

Jamie Benn 87 pt Art Ross never forget

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

It's why I don't get the people opposed to expansion. Why wouldn't you want McDavid to have more of a chance to clown mortals?

Like the Olympics is good hockey but it's grindy as gently caress when it gets to best on best. It's more fun when there's some disparity between the best players and the worst.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is bait for Canucks fans

https://twitter.com/JDylanBurke/status/1783255071368835446

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Lol leafs

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

The cars Nashville smashes always look so bad, it's like they're doing the other teams' fans a favor.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Seems like a bad plan, most of their fans played street fighter 2

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Stars look like they're in big trouble

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

canucks dodged a bullet not winning the west (unfortunately that bullet hit Thatcher Demko's knee)

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

They look slow.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The Dirty Burger posted:

Don't show Kempe highlights dude is criminally underrated so him and Kevin Fiala are my go-to guys for mid round steals in hockey pools can't have the world seeing how awesome he is

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Gotta overcome adversity to win the cup. First game was bad but they weren't bad last night and most importantly, they got a good game out of Ottinger despite some back luck. They'll come back to win it and they'll be angry for round 2. Go STARS!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
on the other hand, AI is a bust and plAIoffs will be a bust too

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cocaine Bear posted:

Gotta overcome adversity to win the cup. First game was bad but they weren't bad last night and most importantly, they got a good game out of Ottinger despite some back luck. They'll come back to win it and they'll be angry for round 2. Go STARS!

Their problem is that they've been suckered into playing grindy hockey, and if they can't play their game at home I don't see how they're going to be able to do it in Vegas.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Mr. Kite as Stars fan experiment is over. I have a strict limit of teams that I allow to disappoint me in the playoffs. That limit is 1.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nybble posted:

on the other hand, AI is a bust and plAIoffs will be a bust too
Yeah they kinda deserve it for this. It's extremely cringe

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Once the Oilers figure out how to give up fewer than four goals a night it’s over for you bitches

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The Leafs-Bruins series has been really tough for me because I love seeing the Leafs lose but I hate seeing the Bruins win. I think the Florida series been the most fun. Will probably bandwagon the Cats once the Caps gets swept.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tarbrush posted:

Their problem is that they've been suckered into playing grindy hockey, and if they can't play their game at home I don't see how they're going to be able to do it in Vegas.

It would be really good if the team with a dozen 20-goal scorers would score some goals. I'm confident Pete got the memo.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Stars being 1 point away from winning the Presidents Trophy and facing a team in the first round that only slipped down into a wild card spot due to blatant LTIR fuckery is cruel

Ceci is absolutely cooking lately

https://x.com/louis_boulet_/status/1783352597698539648?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 25, 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bettman rigged all the Canadian teams to suck. I KNOW IT>

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/Bonsie1951/status/1783316265290903980

Well when you charge exorbitant prices for tickets that only the suits can afford…

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

My partner is going to LA tomorrow and I'm very disappointed that she is refusing to go to either Oilers game in my stead.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ZeeBoi posted:

https://x.com/Bonsie1951/status/1783316265290903980

Well when you charge exorbitant prices for tickets that only the suits can afford…

I don't watch a ton of hockey anymore but it was hard to miss people looking at their phones during crowd shots last night.

Cheapest ticket was $350 face and you're not even watching the game.

e: Aside but I think I'm going to catch a Marlies playoff game this weekend. Ticket was $30. :yeah:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Chad Sexington posted:

The Leafs-Bruins series has been really tough for me because I love seeing the Leafs lose but I hate seeing the Bruins win. I think the Florida series been the most fun. Will probably bandwagon the Cats once the Caps gets swept.

Same on both. I'm leaning on the "it's funnier to see Toronto fail" side of things. I hate the bruins, but I'm used to seeing them having some success. The Florida games have been amazing.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think the Stars are down to hoping and praying that Jake Oettinger turns into 2022 playoff form and steals 3 or 4 wins for them. That's the path back into the series for Dallas. The rest of the roster doesn't come close to measuring up to Vegas.

This series is a clinic on why talent isn't everything. The Stars have as much talent as anyone, but they can't generate poo poo for an attack against this Vegas roster across 5 games this season now.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Still trying to wrap my head around this non-call last night that led to a Bruins goal, might be the most egregious one I’ve ever see

https://x.com/evanmarinofsky/status/1783295840875905127?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Dirty Burger posted:

Still trying to wrap my head around this non-call last night that led to a Bruins goal, might be the most egregious one I’ve ever see

https://x.com/evanmarinofsky/status/1783295840875905127?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

I'm like the last guy to blame the refs but wow the refs are bad in this leafs-bruins series

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lol at Samsonov giving up that goal too. Just wild that he is getting starts on a team that theoretically wants to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The refs also apparently didn't see Domi knock down Swayman for no reason and they watched Tavares high stick McAvoy in the face, so it was pretty bad all around.