Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Auston Matthews Ewing Theory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I wonder if Giordano will ever draw back into the lineup or if he's played his last hockey game. I feel for the guy doing a team-friendly win-a-ring deal and choosing the leafs but I don't know enough about other orgs to know if he'd be higher on any other "competitor"'s depth chart

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bard Maddox posted:

Auston Matthews Ewing Theory?

Are you saying bugs laid eggs in his ear canal and that's why he's out/bad? Crazy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

leafs somehow stave off elimination another game

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Koopa Kid posted:

I saw someone tweet that the Leafiest thing to do would be to win without Matthews and then lose the series when he comes back, which seems accurate

Oh god half of this is right, please hockey gods let the other half happen for maximum lols

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

stab posted:

Oh god half of this is right, please hockey gods let the other half happen for maximum lols

We can thread the needle perfectly with "Leafs best Boston without Matthews and promptly get swept by Florida when he returns".

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There was only one way that Toronto was going to win game 5, and that was it - allow fewer than 2 goals. The Maple Leafs are going to have to do that again on Thursday.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

E: wrong thread

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Wrong thread

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I, personally, would like to see the Leafs score 4 goals in a playoff hockey game

uh and win!! Can’t forget that part

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Koopa Kid posted:

I, personally, would like to see the Leafs score 4 goals in a playoff hockey game

uh and win!! Can’t forget that part

Was about to say, don't tempt fate against Boston.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

tomanton posted:

I wonder if Giordano will ever draw back into the lineup or if he's played his last hockey game. I feel for the guy doing a team-friendly win-a-ring deal and choosing the leafs but I don't know enough about other orgs to know if he'd be higher on any other "competitor"'s depth chart

He'd probably be a passenger no matter what. If you can't make the Leafs starting 6 you're not making it anywhere else that's even a pretender. Also not sure how unexpected his dad's passing was earlier in the year, but it could have been a Toronto or nothing situation if being close by was a priority.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I feel for Gio and Brodie because life’s been giving them a rough go lately and they don’t even really have playing to turn to anymore, but you never get to time your swan song and neither has anything left in the tank

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

doing this as a playoffs penalty shot is so much funnier than doing it in a shootout

https://x.com/br_openice/status/1785461185942294619?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I'm at this jets as game and I want to kill myself

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Wezlar posted:

I'm at this jets as game and I want to kill myself

how close are you to the ice. you should look up tragic things that happened to any of the avs n start chanting about it like the porche thing w potvin

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

heehee posted:

how close are you to the ice. you should look up tragic things that happened to any of the avs n start chanting about it like the porche thing w potvin

300s unfortunately

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Jets look scary right now

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dang, solid save

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Lmao 6 goals

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
wrong thread

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Yay avs. So many loving goals

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
sooo anyone else tuning in to see what Rick Bowness says in the post-series interview?

Exact same thing as happened last year.. won game 1 and then got steamrolled. He's too old to deal with this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1785528400188178649

A pretty good summary of how the Jets have fared in the playoffs these last couple years

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 1, 2024

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

well it was a little different this year - they got one more game of gate revenue

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Starsfan posted:

sooo anyone else tuning in to see what Rick Bowness says in the post-series interview?

Exact same thing as happened last year.. won game 1 and then got steamrolled. He's too old to deal with this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1785528400188178649

A pretty good summary of how the Jets have fared in the playoffs these last couple years

I'm am flabbergasted by Bowness' decision to revert back to the same lines they lost 3 games in a row with in the 3rd period. They played well in the first 2 periods. They put up 19 shots in the second period! Apart from some bad pionk plays they could have had the lead. And Bowness saw that and decided to go back to the lines that gave up 40 plus shots a game for the 3rd period. What the gently caress.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Duck Rodgers posted:

I'm am flabbergasted by Bowness' decision to revert back to the same lines they lost 3 games in a row with in the 3rd period. They played well in the first 2 periods. They put up 19 shots in the second period! Apart from some bad pionk plays they could have had the lead. And Bowness saw that and decided to go back to the lines that gave up 40 plus shots a game for the 3rd period. What the gently caress.

Benching Perfetti the entire series, playing Logan Stanley, keeping the Scheifele line together. Just retire man lol

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Just a truly embarrassing series. I have all kinds of gripes but more than anything I'm just ashamed of how this team played

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Benching Perfetti the entire series, playing Logan Stanley, keeping the Scheifele line together. Just retire man lol

They had a terrible power play and penalty kill all year. Fix that poo poo at some point. That is fully on the coaches, when the team can defend and score well at 5v5

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pettersson has 1 goal in his last 18 games

Get him the gently caress off

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

tale as old as tiiiiime

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

nucks won but tocchet was too scared to challenge the obvious goalie interference, preds still frauds

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Both teams eliminated lost 6-3, and lost the series 4-1. Both teams that survived elimination won 2-1 and brought the series to 3-2.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Pettersson has 1 goal in his last 18 games

Get him the gently caress off

Obviously Demko being out is what will really limit the Canucks run, but failing to get Petey a winger who can score is a close second. He’s clearly not his best, but opponents can just defend him (which top of his game Petey could still score) because there just is no other finish to defend against. Hoglander is there for scrappy goals and puck retrievals, but he’s not creating much himself. Mikayev might as well be Loui at this point, he’s just a complete non factor and couldn’t hit a barn door.

Other three lines and D pairs are all doing their job, but Peteys line is a complete black hole.

Also yeah I don’t know why that wasn’t worth a challenge, it wasn’t like the Preds PP was schredding them (other than that play)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aww jeez, all the gigantic goober adults had to holster their LOL LEAFS takes for another day.

u hate to see it.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Bard Maddox posted:

doing this as a playoffs penalty shot is so much funnier than doing it in a shootout

https://x.com/br_openice/status/1785461185942294619?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Happy to see him doing well.

I still like Florida more but wouldn't mind Kuzy and Orlov winning another.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/itsmitchmarney/status/1785496789023420866?t=AOtasI9Adx_Ldgl4lU3-TA&s=19

Lmao

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Aww jeez, all the gigantic goober adults had to holster their LOL LEAFS takes for another day.

u hate to see it.

Thank you for being embarrassing on their behalf to get everyone through these dark times.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Some posters take people disliking their team waaaay too seriously... Mostly Oilers posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

u hate to see it.

One never stops lolling at the leafs