Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I absolutely hooted and howled at this whole sequence last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/ArtButSports/status/1785493575943307452

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Some posters take people disliking their team waaaay too seriously... Mostly Oilers posters.

"How can you hate my team that sandbagged your team for an entire decade because we fluked into the greatest player of all time then did it again? HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

Some posters take people disliking their team waaaay too seriously... Mostly Oilers posters.

How dare you

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Thank you for being embarrassing on their behalf to get everyone through these dark times.

lol

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

So good.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Aww jeez, all the gigantic goober adults had to holster their LOL LEAFS takes for another day.

u hate to see it.

This def will age well. Tho I think you underestimate how many ppl also want to see Boston get embarrassed

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

WeaponX posted:

This def will age well. Tho I think you underestimate how many ppl also want to see Boston get embarrassed

The ideal series of events would be the leafs absolutely embarrass Boston then get swept by the panthers

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

WeaponX posted:

This is definitely the series that the most people will want both teams to lose. Personally I’m hoping for maximum carnage and seven games.

I think we’re only getting that with Dallas and Vegas.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i feel very fortunate for the folks who have not seen that person's awful perpetually-aged-14 posting before

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

heehee posted:

nucks won but tocchet was too scared to challenge the obvious goalie interference, preds still frauds

I watched the replay on this one, I don’t think it’s obvious. From one angle it looks like Nyquist skated in and pushed the goalie and thus the puck into the net. But from all the other angles, it looks like he wasn’t close enough to have that kind of impact. I watched a couple more replays and it looks like Zadorov came into the crease and took out Nyquist before he could touch the goalie with anything other than his skate, while Blueger fell down on the goalie which pushed the puck in. Blueger looks like he was already kind of off balance and Zadorov’s move to push Nyquist out of the crease was what caused him to fall down.

He probably should have challenged it anyway, they are still in a good position to win the series even with that loss.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jhet posted:

This is definitely the series that the most people will want both teams to lose. Personally I’m hoping for maximum carnage and seven games.

I think we’re only getting that with Dallas and Vegas.

I think a 7 game series will destroy either team's ability to win the next round.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tarbrush posted:

I think a 7 game series will destroy either team's ability to win the next round.

It's definitely something that's been lingering in the back of my mind, but that's a worry you have when you actually make it to round 2.

Please let me have that worry, Stars.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

tarbrush posted:

If that's the case, then they shouldn't be making the finals anyway. They need to manage to get around Colorado next anyway. I can't see either of these goalies really solving the way the Avs are scoring, but they might be able to grind them to death.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ohrwurm posted:

The ideal series of events would be the leafs absolutely embarrass Boston then get swept by the panthers

I'm fine with this as long as I get to see Marchand cry again.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Aye Doc posted:

i feel very fortunate for the folks who have not seen that person's awful perpetually-aged-14 posting before

I like it though when the avatar gives a clear picture of what all the posts will be like

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I'm fine with this as long as I get to see Marchand cry again.

:agreed:

Got a text from my non-hockey-watching sister last night which was just "I hate Brad Marchand" and honestly it's pretty impressive that he's still got it even at 35 and a ring under his belt. Lesser players would mellow out.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Marchand is the GOAT. He looked in the mirror when he was younger, saw what he looked like, and decided what he was going to become. No one does it better in this era.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can he still play decent to good hockey? I have watched him much this year, just Caps games.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
lol Leafs is always a spring classic, but the Bruins blowing two 3-1 series leads in back to back seasons in the first round would be even funnier

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Can he still play decent to good hockey? I have watched him much this year, just Caps games.

he doesn't seem to generate the offense he once did but he's a loving wolverine on the forecheck in this series. I don't think I saw him lose a puck battle at all in that game

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Aww jeez, all the gigantic goober adults had to holster their LOL LEAFS takes for another day.

u hate to see it.

Banking those LOL LEAFS for the best payoff:

ohrwurm posted:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some of you claim to be LOL LEAFS but clearly lack the true spirit. Shameful.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I still say the funniest outcome is Toronto losing in Game 7 OT. Ideally on a Marchand goal. Just a little bit of hope before Lucy yanks the football again.

Then Boston can get swept by Florida.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Dirty Burger posted:

lol Leafs is always a spring classic, but the Bruins blowing two 3-1 series leads in back to back seasons in the first round would be even funnier

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AntiDepressor posted:

I still say the funniest outcome is Toronto losing in Game 7 OT. Ideally on a Marchand goal. Just a little bit of hope before Lucy yanks the football again.

This is better

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

People people, let's stop arguing and be glad there's many hilarious scenarios that can occur in this Leafs/Bruins series.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Bruins absolutely dunking on the Leafs tomorrow night in Toronto would also be hilarious, especially if the Bruins got swept by Florida right after.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
cats are easy sweeping either of em so theres about 20 scenarios fighting for funniest

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Boston winning would be funny just for both the Leafs first round exit and the "The Leafs haven't won a playoff series against Boston since the 1950s", but I definitely would want them to get swept by the Cats

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

The best part about the Leafs is coming up with new, funnier ways of losing. We've already seen peak Leafiness for how falling behind 3-1 to Boston can turn out.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fermun posted:

Boston winning would be funny just for both the Leafs first round exit and the "The Leafs haven't won a playoff series against Boston since the 1950s", but I definitely would want them to get swept by the Cats

Yeah this is my wish, especially if Boston wins in Toronto.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

AntiDepressor posted:

Ew, gently caress no. Why would you want to see Marchand succeed like that?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I still feel like leafs in 7 is the funniest because it will give toronto hope for second round success (that they will not get at all) and the most embarrassment for boston choking the series lead away. But yes there are plenty of favourable outcomes that are possible.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

By my calculations, if the Leafs do come back and beat the Bruins only to lose in the second round again, then they are on track to win the Stanley Cup in 2041. Just have to get through these 6 straight years of losses in a round that all teams go through.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
there should be more ref takedowns in the NHL. i would love to see a Savannah Bananas-esque hockey performance to go alongside them and the Harlem Globetrotters

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The shuffle brings up 'Pure Milk'

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't care about the Bruins, I don't care about the Leafs, but if Jim Montgomery could fart and fall down in the first round again that would be cool to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You’d think a bunch of confederate traitors would have a stronger belief in rehabilitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I think Leafs fans' worst-case scenario would be a hard-fought game 7 OT loss because then Keefe has some semblance of job security he wouldn't if swept by the Panthers/embarrassed in game 6 tomorrow