Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah the worst case scenario for Leafs fans is anything that results in Keefe keeping his job, short of winning it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't see how Keefe keeps his job if he's only got one playoff series win in five attempts. Even a loss deriving from a ref gently caress-up that the league says "yes, this was a ref gently caress-up" might not save him. I realize the Atlantic Division is the toughest in the NHL, but Treliving has to think about his own job.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

I don't see how Keefe keeps his job if he's only got one playoff series win in five attempts. Even a loss deriving from a ref gently caress-up that the league says "yes, this was a ref gently caress-up" might not save him. I realize the Atlantic Division is the toughest in the NHL, but Treliving has to think about his own job.

Treliving is also an idiot moron. Just look at the shape he left Calgary in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Who was the dumbass team where the owner wrote a lame hilarious apology that this wasnt what they expected when they got swept out in round 1. Wasnt that the Leafs? It was so drat cringe.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Who was the dumbass team where the owner wrote a lame hilarious apology that this wasnt what they expected when they got swept out in round 1. Wasnt that the Leafs? It was so drat cringe.

It was the lightning when they lost to Columbus

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Lightning when they got swept by Columbus

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Canes the next year:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Powershift posted:

Canes the next year:

Lmao please all I want is for some team to write something that bad again this year.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Edward Mass posted:

Keefe and Shanahan are going to be gone by the draft, Treveling will be the last man standing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another Bill posted:

Keefe and Shanahan are going to be gone by the draft, Treveling will be the last man standing.

For the Leafs sake i hope Sutter doesn't answer his phone.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What's the worst case most evil SCF and what is the most good SCF that is still possible in 2024?

I'm thinking
Evil: LA/Boston
Good: Canucks/Cats

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

no part of 'good' features the evil malevolent vancouver canucks

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rempes probable the only real villain in the playoffs so hate on New York if you want. I cant really fault him though, Caps have been doing that poo poo with Wilson for years.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

no part of 'good' features the evil malevolent vancouver canucks

The canucks losing game 7 of the SCF at home to Boston would probably produce a good riot.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

RC Cola posted:

What's the worst case most evil SCF and what is the most good SCF that is still possible in 2024?

I'm thinking

Edmonton would be also be Evil but everything else is accurate

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

I'm thinking

Tough question because I can't really think of an eastern conference team that I could consider "good". Boston and New York are obviously evil. Florida has a lot of rear end in a top hat dirty players. I do want Toronto to beat Boston but I also can't imagine how insufferable the Toronto media will be if they win a cup so I dunno if I could root for them to go all the way either. Though in fairness to the Leafs their media will be insufferable no matter what they do so maybe I shouldn't hold that against them.

The only obviously evil team in the West (for me) is Vegas. I don't have any grudge against any of the other teams there.

e: Forgot Carolina. They're kinda annoying too. Lots of rat players

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 2, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Cartoon Man posted:

Rempes probable the only real villain in the playoffs so hate on New York if you want. I cant really fault him though, Caps have been doing that poo poo with Wilson for years.

I seriously doubt he plays the rest of the way. Especially with Chytil waiting in the wings.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Rempe outscored Ovie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toronto doesnt have to win the cup, winning the round will be enough to make you want to take a drill to your eyes and ears.

Nose too, if you have that gene that lets you smell smugness.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Ginette Reno posted:

Florida has a lot of rear end in a top hat dirty players.

Florida has so many pests that can also play hockey. Give it a few years, they'll be the new Boston.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Florida has so many pests that can also play hockey. Give it a few years, they'll be the new Boston.

Cats and Canucks have that novelty factor, but if they go on a long run Im sure eventually Zadorov, Hronek, and Joshua will be seen as heels. Tkachuk is amusing until hes on the team knocking yours out of the playoffs.

A Florida/Vancouver finalwith luongo inevitably putting his foot in his mouth in at least one press conferencewould be one for the ages

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME
Rempes gonna play until the rangers lose
Then chytil is on deck

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Powershift posted:

The canucks losing game 7 of the SCF at home to Boston would probably produce a good riot.

Our loser mayor is being a coward about this and banning all outdoor viewings.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That sounds like a challenge to me

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jehde posted:

Our loser mayor is being a coward about this and banning all outdoor viewings.

They'd probably shut down the SkyTrain at puck drop this time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Levitate posted:

Rempes gonna play until the rangers lose
Then chytil is on deck

For real, Id absolutely have him out there gooning it up. Refs dont care in the playoffs.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I feel like other teams/players won't be dumb as poo poo like the Capitals and Tom Wilson so Rempe won't be as big an advantage for NYR going forward.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
We're cruising toward a Bruins-Rangers ECF and the winner (the Rangers, most likely) going on to win the Cup, and boy do I hate it.

Vintersorg posted:

Pettersson has 1 goal in his last 18 games

Get him the gently caress off

Pettersson is clearly playing injured. He looks like 40 year old Lemieux trying very carefully not to bend or twist his body or make contact with anyone or anything if it can possibly be avoided.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Eric the Mauve posted:

We're cruising toward a Bruins-Rangers ECF and the winner (the Rangers, most likely) going on to win the Cup, and boy do I hate it.

Pettersson is clearly playing injured. He looks like 40 year old Lemieux trying very carefully not to bend or twist his body or make contact with anyone or anything if it can possibly be avoided.

you don't really see boston beating florida as the likely scenario do you lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
apparently Rempe not only took TVR out and got Wilson so steamed that he was taking penalties for Dale Huntering a guy after a goal against, he also broke Oshies wrist on a normal hit.

all in 27 minutes of 5v5 ice time (which he put up a 66% GF and a 35% xGF in lol).

so honestly, if he can maintain that level of positive impact in a series in low minutes, Im fine keeping him in. Especially if Chytil is at all likely to be further concussed, the poor guy.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rempes current role is being sent out, throwing a few giant hits, disrupting poo poo, and immediately going back on the bench. Averaging 6 minutes with 18 hits in 4 games. Nearly half the shifts and TOI as the nearest player. He doesnt play any special teams, almost never gets defensive zone starts, and gets benched if the game is close. You can argue thats not the best usage of your 12th forward but he has a specific role that is working right now and he isnt going to cost any games unless he takes some very poorly timed penalties. And if thats the case, he is done.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 2, 2024

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

DildenAnders posted:

I mean a team that actively employed, shielded, and obfuscated a man who literally raped one of their own players has won 3 of the the last 15 Stanley Cups. Is that not evil enough for you?

A few pages back but wait, what? Is this Ian Cole or someone else?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chicago.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Don't forget the part where, upon learning what he had done, they helped him secure a new job where he could easily find more victims.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

What the gently caress how did I miss this story :psyduck: A loving PLAYER got assaulted and I never heard a peep

Also for some reason thought the blackhawks hadn't won 3 cups in the last 15 years, but thought the Bolts had, and I was wrong on both lol

Edit: oh, Maroon won with the Blues then traded to TB and won two more, not three with TB, maybe that was
confusing me

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 2, 2024

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

Rempes current role is being sent out, throwing a few giant hits, disrupting poo poo, and immediately going back on the bench. Averaging 6 minutes with 18 hits in 4 games. Nearly half the shifts and TOI as the nearest player. He doesnt play any special teams, almost never gets defensive zone starts, and gets benched if the game is close. You can argue thats not the best usage of your 12th forward but he has a specific role that is working right now and he isnt going to cost any games unless he takes some very poorly timed penalties. And if thats the case, he is done.

I can't remember who posted it, but I believe one of the fancy stats nerds said that penalties actually go up in the first few games of the first round, but then they go down progressively as the playoffs go deeper. It does worry me that he took 3 minors in that amount of time, but:

--the charging penalty in game 1 was ridiculous. I don't think that gets called the further we get in the playoffs. Definitely a "calm down rookie" and a "hitting while being too big" penalty.
--the one on TVR was borderline. that was also primarily a "hitting too hard" and "being too big" call. Dunno if that gets called in round 3 or 4. Maybe in round 2. That hit happens 100x a game, it just looked so bad because he destroyed TVR.
--the roughing on Johansen was an obvious embellishment. I doubt that gets called later, and it shouldn't have been called then.

I also think there's something valuable in being able to play just a few minutes a night and still be effective. That's going to be much harder for Chytil or Brodzinski, and I think Lavi knows that, which is why he plays Brodzinski more like 11 minutes a game. But Lavi likes double-shifting guys, and Trocheck/Laf and a few other guys seem to benefit from playing a ton in particular.

I think, given Carolina's pace + depth and Chytil's ability to generate offense by himself and beat goalies clean, it'll be more beneficial to have him in the lineup for most games even if he's centering a fourth line of Goodrow and Vesey. But...there's a lot of synergy Rempe brings to the lineup, weirdly. Even just all the attention and focus that he gets seems to just bounce off of him and let the rest of the lineup play better. I think we're something like 18-2-1 with him in the lineup?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yes yes we get it, no player on my favorite team has committed a legitimate penalty since 1971. Fuckin' refs always out to get us I tell ya.

Unless Andersen stands on his head I don't think Carolina is going to make the Rangers sweat much. But as someone who would like to see the Rangers not win the Cup, I sure hope they keep playing Rempe 6 minutes a night and running the rest of their forwards ragged as the playoffs go on. Or even better, play Rempe 12 minutes a night!

e: no wait if the Rangers don't win the Cup Boston probably will so scratch what I said, and also please scratch Rempe

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I think we're something like 18-2-1 with him in the lineup?

lol that rules and I cant wait till he scores the first goal in the series again

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

e: no wait if the Rangers don't win the Cup Boston probably will so scratch what I said, and also please scratch Rempe

I think my Final Four prediction at the moment would be Rangers-Panthers + Oilers-Stars. And I would think:

Rangers beat Stars
Oilers beat Rangers
Oilers beat Panthers
no idea on Panthers vs Stars. every time I type something, I think "well...?"

I think if Boston had made it past the first round last year, they would have had a good shot. Not sure they would have beat Vegas, but I don't know if I see them in the same class this year as the really top (IMO) teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
As a Rangers fan, Florida and Colorado scare me a lot more than Boston does.