Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Still no clue what he did.

https://x.com/reporterchris/status/1730320098726949296?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The "I'm not racist and I didn't know the swastika would be offensive" excuse is particularly gross because there's a story in the article about how, prior to the swastika event, he allegedly called another player racial slurs and the opposing player had to sit out the rest of the game because they were so upset over whatever he said to them.

Yeah. The older I get and the further I age away from my teen years I'm really honestly glad and lucky there wasn't such a digital trail we leave. Now to be perfectly clear this kid sounds like he's not good. If it was literally just the swastika thing when he was 16 as a single isolated incident I'd be happy to accept his apology. But there does seem to be this continuing trail of bad behavior. I only say that because I think about how when I was a teenager in high school I definitely freely used homophobic slurs constantly. It wasn't good. It's not good and it is deeply embarrassing now to look back at that time. I will also say that even looking back 10 years ago I bet I was a real know it all prick. The more I age the more I realize how thinking you know it all is such a stupid thing to do.

But back to Connelly. The fact that things keep happening is not a good sign. I'm not saying there isn't a pathway to "redemption" or whatever the gently caress you want to call it. But I also was recently thinking about how there was the news story recently of the woman Jenna Trubiano who got hit during a game and then was yelled at by other men in the all ages/no checking league she played in. It reminded me of how some people just want the fight. They want the conflict. You could be in a D-League 40+ adult league rec hockey on a Tuesday night at 9pm and some guy will just want to hit you and try to hurt you for "fun." Maybe this kid is just a real shitheel who loves the conflict, loves being a piece of poo poo? Its hard to say.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Also I haven't really paid much of any attention to the season besides occassaionlly watching a game or two. So it seems I'm seeing online people are mad at Las Vegas because both Eichel and Stone are now on IR and everyone is certain that they're going to pull the old Tampa Bay trick and circumvent the cap. Is Eichel actually really hurt? Is Stone? IS it insane that this cap circumvention trick actually works this easily?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
From a larger picture, it is remarkable how so many of the "clean hits" of former eras were loving bullshit hits. I mean there is still the mentality of keep your head on a swivel but how many "don't admire your pass" hits were just loving late bullshit hits designed to punish a guy? Well, the answer is a lot. The Stevens on Kariya hit which I watched in my friends basement live always struck me as such a bullshit hit even in the moment. And yeah, I'm asking us to go over a hit thats 20 years old now but its late for sure and absolutely unnecessary. Yeah he doesn't extend his elbow, its a flush hit in that its clean that way but I just am honestly glad we're kind of out of that era fully now. It's a hit he's fully on the record as saying he doesn't remember coming back into the game, he doesn't remember scoring the goal. He's very open about the concussions that have haunted him.

Anyways just wanted to rant!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Cartoon Man posted:

Nick Jensen got boarded into the wall and was out cold with that stiff frozen look. He’s being stretchered out now.

https://x.com/BallySportsFL/status/1779274492839072122

No penalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Utah Dirty Sodas