Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
its incredible that the NHL has managed to co-opt its own season opening with anti-lgbtq policies and the subsequent backlash. very on brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://x.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1712914417736622105?s=20
this is the most exciting thing to happen to the Red Wings since getting rid of mike babcock

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

fawning deference posted:

To add to that question, there's only one player in the modern era to score 30+ goals and have <10 assists. Who could it be?

i really , really thought this was gonna be thomas holmstrom but his 30 goal year he had 22 assists so :shrug:

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the nhl generally sucks at marketing its stars because the stars it produces usually have the personality of drying paint. Of course they have this personality because the second they do anything remotely beyond that they are endlessly criticized by the media and often their own coaches.

Connor Bedard might have a great personality but everything ive seen from him suggests he has fully assimilated to this mentality. His whole "my goal right now is just to make the team" was ridiculous but a huge portion of hockey media loves that poo poo.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
a fun fact about the NHL's commitment to player safety is that it is against the rules to wear a full cage/shield unless you are injured/recovering from an injury and get approval

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i mean. it would be funny in coffey was named coach but wasn't St. Louis coaching experience prior to getting the canadiens gig not much better?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
time to put some money on a new jack adams candidate

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, I guess 'domestic dispute' could be shouting that disturbed the neighbors but if it's anything worse than that you'd hope so.

But there's currently a rapist doing a superstar tour to see where he signs so...

generally if theres an arrest in a domestic incident there is some evidence that something physical happened

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
tim peel is an absolute shitheel but it was very funny that the NHL tried to make it out like he was a bad apple or that they had no idea refs called games like that

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

mcmagic posted:

This is a skill issue. Never watch pregame shows.

what and miss this content?
https://x.com/KenKalDRW/status/1728124311481762199?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
gently caress Corey Perry