Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Why would anyone in the NHL think it's okay to gamble?

Just because the league has a team in Vegas and Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid are promoting it and the panels are talking about it constantly doesn't make it ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

If San Jose loses tonight, they have an opportunity to do something very funny on Thursday

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

whatis posted:

i dont know if it's actually gonna happen but there's a lot of chatter in buffalo that patrick kane is in town right now and is negotiating a contract. local bloggers and reporters alike both hinting at something possibly happening soon

people of Buffalo: hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband

edit: also hide your cabbies

Escape Goat fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 13, 2023

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

If Uncle FrankChicago says no, then it must be really bad

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Big mistake! Big. Hughe!

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

creepy man told to step away from the blackhawks posted:

I am stepping away from the blackhawks,

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

That should be a 20+ game suspension imo

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Will Chicago show a video tribute of Kane beating up cab drivers and harassing women

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Misanthrope posted:

Also, probably a good thing the Hawks did this before the dad's trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ427yTH-zQ

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

It's time for the Blackhawks to put the rumors to bed

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAiWzV3Nw40

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

grack posted:

I am at "Enjoying it while it lasts."

If the Canucks manage to bury Tyler Myers (literally or figuratively), it may rise to "Slightly happy."

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Is it my imagination or are healthy scratches being used more than previous years for players that are not on the roster “bubble”?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

The available evidence tends to suggest the entire universe is biased against Buffalo

Probably shouldn't have done the 1970 expansion on an ancient burial ground

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The Oiler/Wild game was way closer than the stats suggest, and it was a b2b for the Wild on the road. Oilers are deeply flawed and massively entertaining.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Habibi posted:

But the Sharks only get that pick if the Pens are bottom ten this season, right? You really think that's gonna happen?

Does this mean Pittsburgh effectively can't trade their 2025 1st rounder until this season is over? How does that work, anyway. Seems like it ties up two picks until the condition is resolved.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Precambrian Video Games posted:

My cup predictions: the teams with the best fancy stats but lowest PDO. It's time for a Carolina-Edmonton rematch.

LA also has great fancy stats with a normal PDO while Vancouver has merely okay fancies with a very high PDO in case anyone wants to get bold about predicting regression.

As long as Vancouver has a Myers score of 1, they aren't winning anything

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Did Kane never recover from his hip injury? I'm surprised he's fallen off this hard

Other players who've had that surgery immediately retired or played a few dozen games and then retired. He's done.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I'd say that too if Kane was on my team

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

Ryan Johansen also sucks, and was bought out for not giving a gently caress

I wish my work would do this to me

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Canucks self hate checks out

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Speaking of old grudges, pretty sure Canucks fans hate Chicago more than Edmonton

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Vancouvers most hated team being Boston is so precious. The cup loss was 12 years ago, get over it!

Who should we hate instead? They haven't done anything of note since 2011/2012.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

the only noteworthy villainous act to occur against the Canucks from June 16, 2011 to today was committed by John Tortorella and they do hate that dude's guts completely and entirely

Well, that and Duncan Keith concussing Daniel Sedin in 2012.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm glad the oilers could make Rangers and Devils fans happy by whipping both teams as a Christmas gift

Oilers continue to be the most entertaining team, whichever side of the win they are on.

It would be tragic for that team to miss the playoffs (even if they are bounced in round 1). How good do they have to be to make it? We’re 30-35 games in and I think they’re at .500.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Starsfan posted:

Jonathan Huberdeau has 0 points in the 10 games the Flames have played in December.. 4 goals, 11 assists for 15 points total in 34 games (and minus 14 lol).

He's signed for 10.5 mill a season through 2030-31.. we're kind of going into uncharted territory here w.r.t. bad contracts.. don't think a 10+ million dollar player has ever busted anywhere close to this hard before.

You could get two Loui Erikssons for that

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Jack Campbell lost the #1 goaltending job, in the AHL

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I would love Patrick Kane to suck and be cooked. I just can't prove he is. And really can only prove that he's been a good player since he's been back by just about every metric but wins

The only way to know for sure is to put him in a Taxi and see if he's still got it

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Everyone said I was daft to build an NHL hockey team in Atlanta, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one in Atlanta. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one,

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

DOPS: I like the cut of his jib

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

all-star refers to the cartoon stars around his victims' heads

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

In Philly he got in one little fight, and his mom got scared, so they moved him to California

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

id unironically rather watch a pre-season game of Wild vs Senators over the All Star game

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm the genius who scheduled a dentist appointment at 2:40 p.m. today never in a million years expecting there will be a hockey game, but Jesus, that Marchenko SO goal :aaa:

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1746998977772294191?t=X2dmf9NLglT7m-OyyygZgg&s=19

Had to muffle a laugh in line at the pharmacy watching the highlights.

I also had a dentist appointment today over the game. Came home and looked to see when the next game was and saw it was already done. 10am Monday game? Sure, ok.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Haschel Cedricson posted:

You should have scheduled your dentist appointment for ten minutes earlier.

Mods?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

McDonald's getting into the hockey game

I'm getting a No Name Brand vibe

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

grack posted:

2nd on the All-Time wins list. Three Cups, Olympic gold, 2 silvers in the Juniors, Vezina, Jennings, and 5 All-Star selections.

Fleury is a lock for the HHOF.

Unless someone from the HHOF stabs him in the back with a giant sword

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

This is the picture TSN decided on for the Roy news:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

mennoknight posted:

ah good, I was running out of reasons to hate the Edmonton Oilers

oops! all villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Right after that quote:

quote:

Sam Lafferty, GM Brad Treliving's biggest trade out of Toronto: 10 goals, 20 points, plus-16, $1.15 million cap hit.

Tyler Bertuzzi, Treliving's biggest signing to Toronto: six goals, 19 points, plus-6, $5.5 million cap hit.