Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I like Hall and Oates and liked that goal song for the first couple of seasons because it was such a weird choice, but holy poo poo am I ever glad it's done. Until I hear what it's being replaced with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Elon turning Twitter into x.com was stupid enough but none of the loving tweets embed properly in the Awful android app when people link tweets using x.com instead of Twitter.com. So if you are linking a tweet and can remember to change the URL to Twitter instead of x that would be swell.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
It's going to really suck for whatever team finally loses to the Sharks and I'm glad the Leafs don't play them until January. Surely, they will have a win by then...

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
https://twitter.com/ATFulemin/status/1722629134525067616?s=20

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
There's nothing funny about Boston's success. It is very depressing and hurtful. Upsetting, nauseating, maddening, but not funny.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Arivia posted:

I don't see how it's hurtful? Like yes, I dislike Boston and their players in the sense of "big rival to my team, in my division, and Marchand is a gently caress" but Boston, as far as I'm aware, has drafted and constructed a team well and kept them playing well without any actual controversy. If I want to be upset about an NHL team's success I think about Chicago's recent Cups and that cover up. Boston's not remotely on the same level as far as I'm aware.

e: have they even used LTIR as a cap loophole like Tampa did with Kucherov that one year?

You are thinking about this way too hard. Boston hurt me. Boston bad.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Willy gonna get paaaaaiiid
https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1726268515789987950?s=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Dr Zaius fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 19, 2023

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I always consider gently caress the Bruins and that's a loving suspension, what the hell?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
So the last 5 teams the Coyotes have played are the last 5 Cup winners and they won all 5. That is a cool stat.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Duckman2008 posted:

Coyotes are obviously better than years past, so it is cool, but the Blues specifically are a shadow of the 2019 Cup team.

There were some players on the edge of getting older when they won the cup, it’s just incredible that Armstrong gave “thank you the cup” contracts to all the wrong players and let all the good players walk.

Yeah I wasn't making any comment on the quality of the teams, it's just bizarre their schedule lined up the way it did and them winning the games is a nice bonus.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

"The Athletic posted:

NHL 2023-24 bold predictions, revisited: How our preseason prognostications are holding up two months in

quote:

Chicago Blackhawks
Preseason bold prediction: Corey Perry will become a beloved figure in Chicago

Outlook two months in: Not happening

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Even stranger: https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1735456422479995251?s=20

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
https://twitter.com/randynumbers/status/1735492405049151548?s=20

Of course they went on to lose, but hot drat that was exciting.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
While I have no doubt the Leafs would have similar results on a larger scale, I don't think 3600 followers of jfresh on Twitter are very representative of general fans. How many CBJ fans responded? A dozen? Ducks fans? 30? If you're an American and you're not terminally online how often are you interacting with Leafs fans? Once or twice a year when Toronto visits?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Leafs can have a lightly used Magnus Hellberg for a special Christmas Eve sale price of a 2nd round pick.

Joke's on you! Dubas traded all of the Leafs 2nd round picks!

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Nuh uh

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Lose both in Alberta, Keefe fired, Bruce there it is in Vancouver on Saturday.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
What if all of them were the head coach at the same time.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
If McDavid was half the man Kessel is he'd play with one testicle too.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Turned on a pirate stream of the Oilers/CBJ game and how the loving hell do people tolerate the non-stop looping loud ESPN+ ad that plays during commercial breaks beyond slamming the mute button? Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to have a looping 15 second ad for the service you're watching repeat? It's driving me insane and I just started watching. I'm now extremely thankful that Sportsnet just shows their logo and 'commercial break in progress' text in complete silence.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
George Parros played for the Canadiens. Not surprising.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I just can't bring myself to remotely care about hockey players when they're not playing hockey and that includes what they wear. I have no fashion sense either. Please skate fast and put the puck in the net.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

stab posted:

Hundreds of new posts what's going on in this thr...

:yikes:

I agree with the terrible no-good Habs fan.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
It has an effect because they entered the zone illegally.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Going back in time to tell uncles everywhere that Dubas finally traded Nylander.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
See they didn't even use their own picks, it's basically free!

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Tampa isn't that scary, they lost to Toronto last year.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
It took me way too long to realize Columbus' line was the flat line and not the border of the chart.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I still haven't forgiven Marian Hossa for ending Berard's career. gently caress that guy. I hope all your clothing makes you itchy.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Until Matthews breaks either record, the Leafs' record for goals by a player in a season is 69 and most goals by a player in franchise history is Sundin at 420. Obligatory nice.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
He has more powerplay goals too.

Would be nice if Talbot played for the Bruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
No matter how game 7 goes, the Leafs beat Boston for Jack Edwards' last game and that's something. I take slightly less pleasure knowing the guy is clearly ill and I hope he enjoys retirement after a miserable Saturday night.