Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Colorado Avalanche, led by the Jonathan Drouin rejuvenation, are winning the Cup this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

VOTE1 posted:

Apparently Demko was dehydrated, threw up in his mask, yum.

bummer. throw up in your mask the first game of the season, gotta play the rest of the 81 with a Puke Helmet. grody!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

hell yeah, sick as hell. that’s gonna be a good contract. was expecting at least term or dollars to start with an 8 so anything lower than that is great

https://twitter.com/peter_baugh/status/1712864015628828722?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 13, 2023

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1713376798019375512?t=I6vbA-1KRAg5H3ZLi-_G2w&s=19

Enjoy your Andrew Peeke, CAS.

Also, my interest in the NHL as a whole has waned to the point where I had to look up who Conor Garland was.

how did you miss it when we talk about the OEL trade every week here?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Here's a lot of words on why PLD forced trades from both Columbus and Winnipeg:

https://twitter.com/WPGMurat/status/1713909556747579788?t=pm7QHv2zOnhl6NSkXeMPcQ&s=19

“puff piece article that makes the subject look worse” is always one of my favorite forms of journalism. glad to see it coming to hockey too!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

what's going on with Timo Meier? he's looked not great so far this year and tonight he got caved in (32% xGF), took two really bad penalties and got benched for the entire third period.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the NHL should be forced to do this for every #1 pick no matter the caliber or the market. we were robbed of the Eye on Juraj or Let's See Alexis

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DancingMachine posted:

Is a shooting percentage of 2.4% through 4 games good?

they tried having the fourth-best shooting percentage in history last year, maybe this year they’re trying for fourth-worst?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the Avs are winning the Cup. Georgiev is winning the Vezina.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

I'm sorry the Philadelphia Flyers shut McDavid and Draisaitl down?

the 2023 Oilers season so far in a representative video

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/status/1715205994114847113?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the Edmonton Oilers are dogshit garbage

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Tuesday is the big “every team plays on the same night” event that they’ve been pushing as a Red Zone thing on ESPN

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

right now Frozen Frenzy is on ESPN+ and starts at 8 ET on ESPN2 I think

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Frozen Frenzy was a fun gimmick. the one takeaway is that they gotta stagger start times every day a little bit. just do this every Thursday or whatever

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

When do the Oilers press the panic button

perhaps, if they give Jack Campbell twenty or thirty more starts, he might be able to turn it around

e: more seriously though, this shot chart is grody for the Oilers. just a complete failure to let the Wild get that many high danger shots

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 25, 2023

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

master of subterfuge Pierre Dorion playing the long game yet again…

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

at least they didn’t go with the alternate names for some of the other cities like the New York Hamiltons or the Ottawa Kinky Boots

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

darkwolf220 posted:

Also I just can't figure out the Coyotes yet this season. They seem to score a ton of goals some games, next to none other games. Same on the flip side, let in nearly no goals or ALL THE GOALS. Only 8 games in, so small sample size, just a little odd as they usually have one problem all the time rather than two problems, sometimes.

they’ve been the team I’ve been watching most behind the Avalanche and they just look like a young team going through inconsistencies in structure on both ends. Tourigny seems like a really good coach but it’s just hard when you have young kids and new vets (Dumba, Zucker before he got hurt) working through it. the trade they made in the offseason for Durzi for a second looks like a major steal though

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

If they miss the playoffs by 1 point they will absolutely win the lottery

(pushing glasses up nose) with the new lottery rules, they’d have to finish no worse than 11th to have a chance to win the lottery since teams can’t jump up more than 10 slots anymore

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Hot Pierre Summer is always followed by the Fall of Dorion

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the Ducks are 6-4-0 after 10 games and they looks really fun. what the gently caress was up with Dallas Eakins

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

this San Jose Sharks season feels like a year that completely kills interest in the market for a decade on end. a real first step when we talk about the very sad Sharks relocation to Atlanta in ten years. good lord it’s awful

Karlsson’s Norris should count as two for what he did on this team last year

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 3, 2023

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

10 games or 24 days, whichever is shorter.

it’s both, he has to miss 10 games and 24 days. he’s eligible to come back against the Wings on November 29

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

tarbrush posted:

So, uh, are Colorado carrying injuries? Cause 7-0 was not on my bingo card

no, not really. the bottom six hasn’t gelled great and has trouble finishing. Vegas has four shutdown lines that can key on Mackinnon and Rantanen and easily outplay the rest of the other Avs. Makar doesn’t look 100% since going into the boards against Buffalo. Avs have been shut out three of the last four games but in the Knights game they had a fair amount of high danger chances that just didn’t get past Hill. also, presumably Georgiev’s legs are going to fall off this year since they’ve been playing him so much which they’ll continue to do

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Bednar is another guy who's been there a while and did some good work but it looks like he's gone stale in Colorado and the players have tuned him out. Even good coaches usually have short shelf lives with one team.

please don’t filter other teams through your Mike Sullivan lens

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

gotta feel like Dallas Eakins should be put in jail for doing gently caress all with the Ducks roster that’s mostly the same from last year. they’re top 10 in PDO and outplaying their xGA so they’ll regress in time but the vibes are way better. only team to beat Vegas in regulation (on the second night of a road B2B - but still!)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

regardless of if the Canucks are actually good or not, they have the opportunity to do a very funny thing this week and completely crush the fanbases of the Oilers, Leafs, and Senators (plus beat the Canadiens but who isn't doing that these days besides the Jets)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

this is one of the funniest penalties I've seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/scottmatla/status/1722808009376612539

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

at this point it's just cruel to put him up against the Canucks, even if it's the minor league team

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

poor Sharks

https://twitter.com/anaheimducks/status/1723902123778486280?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

mennoknight posted:

i just scroll past posts about the penguins as a rule

how do you skip past 95% of the monthly threads?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Jhet posted:

Maybe they could find a barn somewhere in Alberta and just settle this like old time hockey.

Somewhere far away from where everyone else is, and then we can just leave Tim Peel’s social media accounts there with him.

https://twitter.com/jeffveillette/status/1726979500402221456?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

finally, something Jack Campbell may be able to stop in Bakersfield

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

doing the Kubrick stare 18 games into a Cup or Bust season. terrific

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Cale Makar is not only the best defenseman in the world, but he’s the best hockey player in the world right now.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/peter_baugh/status/1728198776731603445?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

poor Sammy. hope he gets well

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Nikita Kucherov is absurd. I wish my team would have a guy to go on LTIR all year and come back in the playoffs to go on a run (Gabe Landeskog… hello)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

it’s been a while since we’ve had a good ol-fashioned aging vet synonymous with one team sign with the Red Wings. nature is healing

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

no place in the game, however, it’s funny when it happens to Lightning players so it should happen more

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1616297518501105668?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

best fans in hockey