Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Can't wait to boo Tavares every time he so much as looks at the puck. Hockey is back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

If there's a better metaphor for the Rangers, I've yet to see hear it.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1713296735785660574?t=PjqwzMLOTMnLtk-b3cNjIQ&s=19

Gord digging through the rulebook to find a loophole in the NHL's crippling incompetence in TYOOL 2023 makes him even better people than usual.

Uh ahem ackchyully you'll find that the rule specifies any COLOR, SINGULAR. $5,000 fines all around, the maximum allowable under the CBA. In Bettman we trust.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

It's only interference if the balls touch.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

ThinkTank posted:

Olen Zellweger has to be the most Star Wars rear end name in the history of the NHL

Aatu Räty

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

You're all old. The blood transfusions I get have basically frozen my aging.

I didn't know you were a hockey fan, Mr. Thiel

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Pens put one of the two AHL randos they picked up from Vancouver on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.

No, not Rathbone. The other guy.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Pens put Harkin on waivers. Is Dubas reading Rex posts?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

These PWHL team names sound like IPAs made with too much hops

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

deoju posted:

Maybe the team will play by Long Island sound? idc. Still bad.

They should buy the legal rights to the Riveters name and logo. That was rad.

Yeah they're playing in Bridgeport at the same arena as the AHL Islanders.

Connecticut is not in New York, nor is it an island.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1717731741127909602

This hit was harrowing to see in person. Sens say Brannstrom is alert and has use of his extremities, but he landed on the ice head first and straight up wasn't moving. Had to get stretchered off and everything. Really hope he ends up okay.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Hypnobeard posted:

I mean, I'm not excusing the guy, but the hit didn't really look like anything vicious.

https://twitter.com/CamandStrick/status/1717708989952147785

Refs didn't call a penalty on this hit, but they called eight others in the second period alone. Overcorrection maybe? Or all the cringe players on my fail team actually are a bunch of goony barbarians

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Schremp Howard posted:

Jesus, former Penguin Adam Johnson got his throat slashed by a skate during an EIHL game. For the love of god be careful on social media, I did not need to see that ever.

Still no update on his condition.

He's gone. RIP

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

The source for that is very questionable.

Well that's egg on my face. Hope he pulls through.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

heehee posted:

dunno if you were wrong brew...

gently caress.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Experience New York Islanders Hockey

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

The Dirty Burger posted:

Weird how every goalie that plays for DJ Smith sucks until they go to another team and immediately post a .930sv%.*

Owned last night when the Islanders put out their 4th line to start the game and the arena announced the Sens were also starting their 4th line and you could just feel the excitement leaving the building lol, insane how much fan goodwill this new regime is pissing away

*matt murray doesn’t count

My Caps-loving friend wrote this to the tune of "Hang the DJ" by The Smiths. It's yours now.

quote:

Panic on the streets of Gloucester
Panic on the streets of Kanata
I wonder to myself
Could this team ever be good again?
The standings they always slip down
I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the ice dear
But, Debrincat, don’t want to play here
So you go down, to play in Hockeytown
But there's panic on the streets of Stittwville
Goulbourn, Rideau, Cumberland
I wonder to myself

Burn down the whole team
Fire the coach named DJ
Because the games that they miserably play
Do nothing to help me with my life
Fire the coach named DJ
Because the games they miserably play...

In the standings they always let you slip down
In the Atlantic basement they stick around

Fire DJ, fire DJ, fire DJ…

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

:siren: AHL TRADE ALERT :siren:

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1728811243061039551

Isles trade Arno the Rando to the Devils for Tage Thompson's little brother.

I for one cannot wait for people to start hyping him up as "the better Thompson," because that worked out so well with Brett Lindros back in the day.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Somehow, despite their best efforts, the New York Islanders are 5-1-1 in their last seven games.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't bother with the game tonight as I was out doing stuff but, uh:

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1732943173620555994?t=ywdeRjwlrTNxKFvbwSMnFQ&s=19

...Adam Fantilli might be good.

He did look good tonight from where I was sitting! Then Bo Horvat potted two goals in 20 seconds and the Islanders actually managed to hold onto a third period lead for once! Imagine if they could do that consistently...

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

stab posted:

Bortuzzo to the Isles for a 7th round pick

Plan the parade Lou Lam

Half our starting D core is on IR lmao. Pelech out long term, Pulock out for a while now too. Aho still on the mend. All that's left is Dobson, Romanov, Mayfield, and a Sam Bolduc who needs way more time to cook in the minors.

Trading a seventh for an old guy isn't the worst move. It's better than trying to plumb the well of mediocre AHL prospects. I shudder at the thought of bringing in two more Bolducs to try and fill the gap.

Between this and the repeated third period collapses, I'm flabbergasted that we're still in wildcard contention. It is wholly undeserved.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRcR6N9J/

Some shameful poo poo out of the Islanders media team.

They didn't even give them Poospatuck smh

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

What are the odds on Columbus trading for Ryan Reaves after last night?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Despite their best efforts to the contrary, the New York Islanders Hockey Club is in sole possession of 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division

How the gently caress did that happen??

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Getting owned by a fuckin 70 year old on Twitter

Butchie don't miss. Never has, never will. Every shot and every chirp is top shelf, right in the toy department Brendan, man alive!!!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/91Butch/status/1745947762212954115?t=L3PJ6sbsM3ZkjDB4qL4QLg&s=19

Twitter may be a hellhole, but at least it gives retired players a venue in which to keep their chirping on point. :golfclap:

Butchie handing out ratios like confetti at the '83 Cup parade down Jericho Turnpike. You love to see it

kill me now posted:

I can assure you that the islanders aren’t playing for loser points. They just fuckin suck at defense this year and can’t hold a lead for poo poo.

I think it’s years of having above average goaltending and now having lane opening things up they forgot the way of Trotz.

Accurate assessment. The new Coach Lambo style is paying dividends in offense and PP which has made the team a lot more exciting to watch. On the flipside our defense is porous and our PK is a joke and our goalies are being hung out to dry, which has also made the team a lot more exciting to watch. If we can keep stacking OTLs with the occasional W we might sneak into a wildcard or, God forbid, hold 3rd in the Metro somehow. We'll be dipping out in the first round either way.

Mr. Fish fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 13, 2024

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Marc-Andre Fleury passes Patrick Roy as the #2 most winningest goaltender of all time with a 5-0 shutout.

In related news, the New York Islanders are dogshit garbage.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

fisting by many posted:

Sorokin trying to play with a broken controller skate was funny. Poor guy literally couldn't move.

https://www.nhl.com/video/topic/highlights/nyi-wpg-pionk-scores-goal-against-ilya-sorokin-6345017792112

You have a weird definition of funny >:[

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

I think so far this season Sorokin's faced more shots than any other goaltender. I might be wrong, but he may already have faced more shots than he did all of last season. He's not been up to his usual godly antics, but he's still been extremely good. It's just that the defense is held up with duct tape and twine.

I speak for every Isles fan when I say that we wanted a better power play this season. We got our wish, but at what cost?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Jhet posted:

Not breaking up the fourth line, that’s for sure.

Honestly, it’s past time for it. They were defensively good and brought great energy for a long time, but it’s not working anymore and it’s not putting off the other teams like it used to do.

This team would put Cizikas in a Dreadnought before they scratch him from the roster.

Even in death, I still skate.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Owen Tippett dear lord almighty what a finish

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Boy has Tavares fallen off hard. I don’t expect much out of him but he hasn’t scored a point in the last six games.

heehee :smug:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

HERE WE loving GO

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

Shesty gonna fight Sorokin in MetLife.

But they're best friends!!!

Can love bloom, even on the football field?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

fawning deference posted:

Stadium Series baby. Coach fight incoming

We're playing the Rangers on Sunday. Flyers are playing the Devils on Saturday, they're different games!

Torts and Roy still gonna throw down regardless, but it'll be in the parking lot

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

This prick should have the book thrown at him. By which I mean Matt Martin should use a copy of the official NHL rulebook to beat him to within an inch of his life.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

grack posted:

So the Oilers are going to win the World Series, is what you're saying.

Ollers ganta supabowl!!!!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

5 game suspension for Gallagher.

Also dear God our stadium series jerseys look awful.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Zach Parise to Colorado 👀

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

[swerves off the LIE into a barrier, vaulting my Ferrari two stories into the air]

"RIGHT IN THE TOY DEPARTMENT BRENDAN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Eric the Mauve posted:

Or fire your head coach and promote the assistant coach to head coach. Then he's not assistant coach anymore, problem solved :taps temple:

Hey, it worked for the Islanders!

Ah well, nevertheless