Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
A18ERTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

grack posted:

Rick Bowness is apparently taking personal leave from Winnipeg because his wife had a seizure

Anyone got eyes on Trouba

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
I know you’ve already answered, but what the gently caress was that

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Canucks gonna win a game 4-1 with 2 shots on net soon and a big computer in the Midwest that prints out stupid hockey stats on reels of printer paper is gonna explode.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Dustin Byfuglien walks to the edge of the pier, hands in pockets. Slowly starts tilting forward. Hits the water face-first. The lake becomes more vapor than water. The fish that have remained within the hemisphere flop in the mud like Alexander Semen in the blue paint.

The fishing trophy, once more, is his.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Assuming Davidson is telling the truth about no players/their families being involved and it not being a criminal matter, the thing that makes the most sense to me is he had an affair with a (young?) staffer. And afterwards pressured her to stay quiet. Maybe even a pregnancy involved. All just speculation.

Regardless I can't think of anything worse than the Beach situation, which is still ludicrous.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Canucks got Zadorov for a 3rd and a 5th

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The Canucks will regress once teams figure out they just have to put their top scorers out against Tyler Myers, I’m shocked it isn’t happened yet

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Leafs suck.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Dallas just scored 2 goals in the final 15 seconds of the game to beat Nashville 3-2. Not great, Nashville.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The Canucks (and the Knights) could be behind Boston, NYR, and one or two others once they catch up in GP, but it's a double-edged sword in that they've had to play more games. I don't know how it's been balanced for Vegas, but the Canucks had to play 7 games in 11 days, which I actually don't know if I've ever seen happen watching this team over the years. They went 3-4 in that stretch, and are 20-5-3 outside of it. And their schedule should theoretically be a little lighter down the stretch comparitively.

And teams still haven't figured out to just match their top line against Tyler Myers. It really isn't rocket science.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Nobody wants both of those things.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Went to my first Canucks game in years tonight. As the clock ran down, I yelled out Chicago sucks. Turned around and didn’t realize there was a young kid in a Bedard jersey right behind me. My apology didn’t really go too well because I didn’t give one.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Yeah yeah we all know this cover, but the other names listed on the bottom have aged very finely too.
*looks at recent news*

Samsonov.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Levitate posted:

Trouba is out and the rangers D looks half decent gee whiz
Funny, was just thinking the same thing about Tyler Myers.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
This might be a weird thing to say, but is it just me or are there are a lot of good teams in the playoffs this year, at least in the west? Vegas is an 8th seed.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Can’t wait to get my New York Rangers Celebration Suck and gently caress model!
Imagine if they were spit-roasting those lost Jagr bobbleheads.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Kinda the worst opening night of playoff hockey in a while.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Well that was a fun day and a half of happiness.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Bob stayed on a bit too long as many hockey commentators do, but he's probably the best I've ever listened to. Just an absolute staple. RIP.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Is David Ayres looking for work

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Dress your starter as the EBUG so the Canucks curse injures your backups instead, smart, this team is really rounding a corner.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

.Spec posted:

Three playoff wins by different goalies has to be a first huh?
Why stop at three?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

leafs are out, nucks are still in. the couv's gonna go all the way this year
I'm a Canucks fan but as much as I'm enjoying this run I'd bet that the winner of Colorado vs Vegas/Stars is going to be challenging Florida.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Jehde posted:

Quinn Hughes was blatantly slashed in the face by Connor McDavid to the severity of drawing blood with no call in a game being officiated by Kelly Sutherland.

Canucks playoffs.
They sent him off before the next faceoff because he was bleeding too much lol

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

grack posted:

Zadorov's play during the playoffs after having a mediocre regular season has been loving baffling, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
Myers hasn’t been taking any dumb penalties either, it’s been real fuckin weird.

Ian Cole has had some issues this round.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Escape Goat posted:

How is it that the Canucks have three (possibly four?) goalies that are better than the Oilers starter
*looks at the contracts of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse*

Why do the Oilers have issues in goal?

*looks at the contracts of Matthews, Marner, Nylander*

Why do the Leafs have issues in goal?

*looks at the contracts of Voracek, Weber, Little*

Do you guys have to pay Utah taxes now or how does this work

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
McDavid’s fully psychologically painted into a Stockholm Syndrome corner when it comes to any of Edmonton’s shortcomings. Team didn’t score enough? That’s on him. Not enough cap space for a supporting cast? That Nurse contract probably doesn’t help.

That Canadian captaincy weighs heavy on the homegrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Our second line has been non-existent. Ian Cole had a great game today in that he did not directly score a goal on himself. This team actually could win the series, but Miller is getting stretched far too thin with what he's asked to do; he's doing a great job of nullifying McDavid even strength, but you can't expect him to outscore the best player in the world while doing so. Petterson can look at his linemates as offensive black holes, but he's not even generating on the PP. He's gotta step it up, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Hoglander shuffled back in for motivation.