Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I recently started watching hockey again, after a break of 10+ years. Signed up for NHL.tv and have been binge watching games. So many new names to learn. I was surprised to see that a German won MVP a couple for years ago. It’s a brave new world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Crosby vs Ovechkin and both players are still good? Some things never change. Been watching McDavid highlights and it’s impressive how easy he makes the game look. So many ridiculous moves, passes and goals. Another dude who is amazing in highlight clips is Cale Makar. Will need to watch more Colorado games.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I just learned that Keith Tkachuk has two sons in the NHL and both are really good too. Time flies.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

rex rabidorum vires posted:

You'll be happy to know they are just as big of, if not bigger, poo poo stirring stains than he is. Only one is good. Robert Thomas is also good.

Reading up on the family and their dad still isn’t in the Hall of Fame. One the one hand, haha, on the other, he did score a lot of goals.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Getting to 100 points is still a really big deal, right? I saw that Draisaitl has done it 5 times already (including the ongoing season). Amazing that McDavid is on that team too. So much firepower.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I’m really blown away by MacKinnon‘s bursts of speed. He makes defenders look like they’re stuck in quicksand over and over again.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Any recommendations for good NHL podcasts?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Great, thank you!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I used to own a Trevor Linden jersey growing up, so I’ll cheer for the Canucks in the playoffs and see where that’ll take me.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I’m looking for good playoff previews that go into the details of the matchups. Any website recommendations?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
To completely shut out fans who want to travel and support their team on the road seems wild. Is that considered normal for NHL games?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Interesting, I had no idea that it’s a common thing to do.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I haven’t watched this much hockey in a long time and it’s awesome. Playoffs are good.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I find it interesting that Draisaitl was the MVP just a few years ago, yet there isn’t the shadow of a doubt that he’s Robin and McDavid is Batman. What a crazy combo to have on the same team.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't think Leon or Connor see it that way or care at all

That’s good to know. I was definitely looking at it with my NBA brain where so many manufactured storylines revolve around the „whose team is it“ narrative.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

GoonGPT posted:

Who was it that was asking if they should cheer for the Canucks?

Cause this is the sort of thing you get to look forward to.

Hi, it's me, the guy who was looking forward to a Canucks postseason run because he cheered for them a long time ago as a kid.

Game 1 was fun though.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Dirty Burger posted:

DeSmith letting in a floating wrister from the blueline in the first minute while the crowd was chanting LETS GO CASEY was a magic playoff moment

„You’ve got to be making GBS threads me?!“

- my brain in that very moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just watched Kings - Oilers and Kempe was amazing. What a goal.