Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1712833167810240818?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I actually did not recall that or notice it when I checked his capfriendly page and all I can say is :lol: he is a worse skater now than later career Brooks Orpik

There were a lot of shitshow skaters last night getting paid a lot of money. I’ll keep my fan optimism for now and write it off as rust. Lots of rust…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Washington looks very much to be 'done' and their new coach completely out of his depth at the NHL level. The slight upside is John Carlson looks pretty good though.

It’s only two games, Carberry will be fine. Look what he did with the young kids last night? This thread complains non stop about the same old busted rear end dinosaur coaches year after year, let a young coach get his feet wet before you pass judgement.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ya’ll say this poo poo about Ovi every year and then he goes and racks up 40 goals.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

they should just park Ovi in front of the net and let Carlson and Sandin try to blast deflections off him

Ovi’s been doing that a lot the past year or two, occasionally on the power play.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao I wondered how long it was gonna be for the hot take to drop after watching Kuzy’s shootout last night.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Has anybody else tried to copy it yet? He’s been doing this successfully for like more than two years now. Is it hard as gently caress to do?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Levitate posted:

Panarin does stuff like that too though he usually slows down closer to the goal instead of creeping in slowly the whole way

Also neither here or there but it's a bit weird to me to see Caps fans so salty about Laviolette when he was obviously brought in to try to wring something out of the decaying corpse of that team, not to develop what mid young players the Caps might have.

Letting him go was the right thing to do but the Caps roster just wasn't/isn't that good anymore

It’s been two games one of which they won, clearly they’re absolute dogshit trash and will never be successful this season. Carberry is a total fraud too and should be fired immediately.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps are doing the needed, especially with Backstrom. Here’s the lines at practice:

Ovechkin-Strome-Wilson
McMichael-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Milano-Backstrom-Phillips
Malenstyn-Protas-Mantha

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok I take it back, the Caps are absolute trash and this gonna be a long rear end season.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fits right in with this league.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

$5,000 fine, the maximum allowable under the collective bargaining agreement.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh yeah? Well the Caps have …

three.

Three goals total, of any kind…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps were not as bad last night as they have been. They did not play a complete game but Ovi came alive and looked like he normally does. Kuzy too…at times. Wilson still just loving around out there. There was a lot of awful puck luck for them and the refs were complete dogshit rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why the hell are hockey games starting at 6PM EST on a Tuesday?

:psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The NHL is so loving dumb, I swear.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If the Caps are going to suck major rear end this year, I can handle it as long as the Pens keep sucking rear end too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s the full Frozen Frenzy schedule, note the ESPN only games:

Frozen Frenzy schedule
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals – 6:00 pm (ESPN)
Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6:30 pm
Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators – 6:45 pm
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:00 pm
New Jersey Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens – 7:15 pm
Dallas Stars vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7:30 pm
San Jose Sharks vs. Florida Panthers – 7:45 pm
Colorado Avalanche vs. New York Islanders – 8:00 pm
Seattle Kraken vs. Detroit Red Wings – 8:15 pm
Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – 8:30 pm (ESPN)
St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg Jets – 8:45 pm
Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild – 9:00 pm
Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators – 9:15 pm
New York Rangers vs. Calgary Flames – 9:45 pm
Arizona Coyotes vs. Los Angeles Kings – 10:30 pm
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Vegas Golden Knights 11:00 pm (ESPN)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm going to the Caps game and it involved leaving work at 4pm instead of 5. No complaints.

Gonna lol all night long if Toronto loses, cause we suck major rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps are loving snakebit and watching them is torture.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Where is Frozen Frenzy being shown? I have Caps/Tronnah its 3 goals on 8 shots on ESPN and CFB talk on ESPN2.

I just use the regular stream with my Spectrum login when I'm on the road. The little bugs showing who's on the ice and their ice time are a nice feature.

Online only through their app I think.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps lost but won tonight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/CapitalsPR/status/1716966456590541075?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Who are some solid players on bad teams and expiring contracts who will probably be available at the trade deadline? Holtz is coming along and all but I want NJ to add a kickass player to their third line so they can really go.

Anthony Mantha

:shepface:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mantha played … good?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All aboard the rollercoaster.

https://twitter.com/OptaSTATS/status/1717368724905201728?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I'm guessing it's insider information and proxy betting for Pinto.

Yup. NFL has had poo poo like that lately too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah he's easily their best forward and he's able to bring the best out of Ovechkin.

Backstrom, on the other hand, looks absolutely finished. He can barely move and has no strength on the puck any more.

Yup, I’m ready to healthy scratch him to retirement.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Find these kids that did it and name their names. I don’t care if they’re underage when it happened, publically name and shame them. Do the exact same with their coach. This poo poo has to stop and it never will as long as they keep sweeping it under the rug at the league level. gently caress it’s so drat frustrating.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dylan Strome = Good hockey player

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oshie’s company is sold out of the slash resistant neck gear and are racing to keep up with demand.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...on/#more-466204

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/1719134580840546420?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm glad he's finally retiring. It was really painful and sad watching him skate gingerly around way off the pace :sigh:

e: at least I assume and I hope he will retire, he did not actually say so in the release

It’s probably better for him financially to not formally retire till the offseason to keep getting a gamecheck or something. I don’t know how it works. I was ready to healthy scratch him each game the rest of the season, sounds like Carberry was too.

He’ll probably formally retire this offseason though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/6_y_QRprQLY?si=T6ccV4529LwVZFmm

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It would have if they had taken 3-4 first round picks to ensure that type of poo poo stops right the gently caress now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Oh Christ is there an Excite-O-Meter we have to hear about now?

I got a meter for you.

They need to develop an “old & busted o’meter”…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

John Carlson played a hockey game last night.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, welcome to hockey kid, buckle up.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He’s been getting shots and assists just no goals. He’s phoning it in some nights though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m glad that the Caps are winning games but it’s only against teams ranked 24th or lower in the standings…