Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I guess if you just turned it on for one month during the playoffs in a year where they have the finals it's not horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I am reading "come on, let's GO" in the tone of a guy stuck in traffic after watching a bad hockey game

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

espn+ and a VPN is the only reasonable option

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Mr. Kite posted:

I like the shootout but its time for it to go. There are so few ties that it almost doesn't matter. Extend 3-on-3 OT to 7 or 8 minutes.

I honestly stop watching when a game goes to SO at this point because in practice they're just dull. The players don't bring half of the energy you see on the average in-game penalty shot. The OT is the final spurt of real effort and then the SO just looks like a bunch of guys who want to go home. It's a wet fart every single time

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

tyler toffoli: probably an upgrade over tomas tatar in the TT position

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

akira schmid is not getting off to a good start this year. soft goals every game

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

i think the defense will probably improve over time but this goaltending is going to be a problem

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

jesus christ. I don't care how much of a "freak accident" it was mandate neck guards

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

T-Bone posted:

rooting for the Oilers this year apparently

hell yeah this is definitely sustainable

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1719391579348086986

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The Devils? Why would you expect that? They had the best even strength offense and an average powerplay with below average opportunities last year and none of the changes they've made should move the needle in the other direction

I dunno I think you could have predicted Toffoli replacing Tatar would be an upgrade. I mean he's not gonna score 6 goals every week but having another finisher on the PP is balancing it nicely

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

dawson mercer at 0 pts is starting to get weird

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

If they can manage to play .500 hockey with nico and jack both out I'll be happy.

it should be survivable in theory but not if they continue giving up 4 goals every single game

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the devils without jack hughes are basically just buffalo

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Devils just played their best game of the season without Nico, Jack and Timo lol

keep colin miller in the lineup

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

let the record show I was always serious about firing Lindy

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

(cope) losing dougie is obviously a downgrade no matter what, but they've got the offensive depth to keep scoring anyway and I remember some really lazy defensive zone plays from him this year so maybe they'll actually be fine

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

my guy was crosschecked from behind after the play about 3 feet away from the boards which didn't warrant a matching minor apparently

not to belabor the point but it's stupid that konecny and his team were rewarded for him starting poo poo in the most cowardly way possible

secret volcano lair fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 1, 2023

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

T-Bone posted:

prolly not the year, depends on how bad it is, could be 1-2 months or 3-4 months though

we all wanted Nemec Now, but not like this

perhaps it is time for some Salary Cap Circumvention

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

maybe starting schmid on both games of the back to back wasnt the best idea

two goals on 3 shots in the 2nd lol

secret volcano lair fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 2, 2023

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

would not have predicted the flyers at 2nd in the metro 30 games in

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the number of points the devils have dropped to terrible teams is getting ridiculous

a large part of it has been that they're unbelievably awful on game 2 of back-to-backs. they've lost to arizona, washington, st. louis, san jose, edmonton, and now anaheim in that scenario and beaten only buffalo

somehow they have another eight back-to-backs on the schedule which seems like a very high number

secret volcano lair fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 18, 2023

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

they just pulled the goalie with 8 minutes left in the game and immediately let in an ENG they deserve nothing
except maybe a new coach

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1743654383991009417

I have no idea what an sG is supposed to be but this feels about right. Nemec has jumped into the NHL at 19 and is playing even better than Luke Hughes so far. They drafted so many good defensemen recently

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Precambrian Video Games posted:

The (rightmost) Chart you quoted seems to suggest Dougie's only barely net positive at evens whereas John Marino is a golden god of defense, which contradicts the left chart and the tweeter's point but anyway... charts, folks.

the rightmost chart is purely about when they are used in games (trailing / ahead / tied). it means that they put hamilton on the ice much more often when they are trailing in games, and marino more when they are holding a lead

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/1745119027234574812?t=NDwf942hwRlQSxvmKgvsBg&s=19

tierney and bastian on the pp. it's so over. season lost

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

islanders performing basically as expected for their roster and their coach gets fired

meanwhile: lindy ruff continues to have a job

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

get mcleod the gently caress off the team please. somebody else can learn to take faceoffs

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

How are any of these teams even going to spin this? "We had no idea" is completely implausible

Even just going back and looking over the statements the players issued (https://www.cbc.ca/news/players-statements-world-juniors-2018-1.6597503) it isn't particularly hard to read between the lines

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Far far far too late but it's still a relief to see Ruff gone.

Can't help wondering how the year would have turned out if they'd made Brunette head coach in the off-season

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

corn on the cop posted:

andrew brunette isn't fixing jack hughes' chronic shoulder issues, dougie hamilton's abdominal muscle or vitek vanecek's everything

true. on the other hand: are you seeing the roster he's currently got in a playoff spot in nashville? who even are these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

kahkonen may or may not be an upgrade over vanecek but at least he's not signed after this year. too bad they didn't try this in january when some hope remained