Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jhet posted:

The Regional Sports Fee is $11 a month too, so you're paying that for it. I have Fubo and it's at $82/month because of the taxes and fees. Haven't found a cheaper way to get RootNW anywhere.

...Isn't that more than cable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

I will say, Reaves isn’t good at hockey but he’s not worse at it than the grit ‘n sandpaper guys that Dubas stapled to the team in past seasons. He might even be better in that he can actually do the “job” he’s supposed to (boarding people, getting away with it and fighting about it after) better than Simmonds or Clifford could

He is, literally, the worst player in the entire NHL.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but what would the score have been if they hadn’t made the OEL trade?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t watch other teams because that’s treason and cowardice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they call him Celly? They better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Kite posted:

Shouldn't the NHLPA not want its players to injure each other?

Injured players still get paid so that part is fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That guy’s hockey card can be tapped to give haste.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chicago had issues with their relationship with Carolina because they want to play to win, not just develop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ovi will still be able to sock 15-20 PP dingers a year pretty much as long as he wants to. I think he's hit the point now where his 5-on-5 minutes need to be limited to strictly o-zone starts as much as humanly possible though

15 probably, but Ovie hasn't hit 20 powerplay goals in a season in 8 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Caps trying to force stuff to Ovechkin is not a small factor in why they suck and I hope they keep doing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Acting as a booster for a murderous dictator didn't break his legacy so I think he'll be fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

wait Kessel did what?

All the Penguins did when they went to the white house.

But also yes I conflated your post with the one above it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ovechkin's volume stopped improving the Capitals a good 10 years ago and instead just siphoned shots other people should have taken.

A shot not taken has a 141 and 2/3 chance of not going in.The numbers don't lie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/TimCPeel20/status/1714262597741002890

Number 1 this move rocks

Number 2: Roenick and Tim Peel together is super cursed goddamn

He’s moving, this is fine.

The version of this where they stop at the end and try to push it around the goalie is bad though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did that for Bedard too during the Bruins game actually. I saw an ad that said a Bedard cam was available on their website or the streaming app or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Do they just zoom in on him sitting on the bench for 3-4 minutes at a time?

The Bedard one said it was for when he was on ice.

I didn't actually watch it so no clue though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because of the way superstars are treated they're either robots or assholes.

We only ever get robots, we need more assholes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're all old. The blood transfusions I get have basically frozen my aging.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So is that just a change in type of locale, and smaller teams on site?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Huggybear posted:

Why would a team do that? Why not just trade for Rathbone? This seems pretty cruel unless he like, showed up drunk for practice or something on the first day

Could be contract limit stuff.

Kind of a dick move but he does get paid out when they do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guys it’s really tough being right all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

...why are detachable lenses a big nono

The rule exists because it's easier to say no interchangeable lenses than to police specific focal lengths or zoom factors, since what they're really trying to prevent is someone bringing in a lens that can see up Sidney Crosby's nose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

They really, really care about people bringing in telephoto lenses, in case they take illegal unlicensed photos of the game and then sell them to Russian agents in back alleys, and they're not going to pat you down to check if you're trying to smuggle a 300mm lens in your underwear.

No, many arenas do police lenses by size so you have to be careful about that too:

Wells Fargo is evidently unaware that they've banned any device with a microphone or camera.

Scotibank Arena's (Leafs) NHL policy (it can vary by sport/event type too): Non-flash still photography is permitted; however, the lens must not exceed 75mm.

Right but that's also just more "good enough" to stop high zoom. Now that many point and shoots have zoom factors high enough to see that there is no longer a twinkle in Alex Ovechkin's eye, they want to restrict those too.

They don't actually care that the lens is interchangeable in and of itself, but they're not going to have security look through every lens people bring in.

At this point they probably can just drop the interchangeable ban and do a blanket size one though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VOTE1 posted:

So tonight either OEL is going to score the game winner (possibly completing his hattrick), or be directly responsible for 4 goals against.

Erik Karlsson has 3 Norris trophies doing that.

Justice for OEL.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

While Bettman or the arbitrator actually can extend the suspension, they never do and so it's a freebie for the player to at least try.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When there's a draft and Dubas' roster is all too old to go, who will be laughing then?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like how his name makes me think of a tuba that can't tell any lies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

I think the NHLPA's approach was the rulebook says any color tape and you can't change that without the comp committee. Whether the NHL doesn't try this dumbass poo poo again is up in the air for sure.

I fully expected them to argue that it says color, not colors.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, it's worse than that.

They did it because Scotiabank pressured them. That's right, a bank is the good guy here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Has anybody ever used Bally Plus to watch that sport with the ice and pucks and if so would you recommend it?

Competitive urinal pissing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trent Frederic just scored a goal so who’s laughing now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would simply find another #1 center.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

While I support a "gently caress it, cool stuff happened" rule that is dumb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should kill them both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL players are only banned from betting on NHL games. They can bet on others sports.

So either that's what he did (although the statement doesn't say) or he was gambling illegally or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/national-hockey-league-suspends-ottawa-senators-shane-pinto-41-games-for-sports-wagering-1.2026370

Pinto officially suspended 41 games. What a loving dumbass.

I'm wondering what he actually did since the NHL is claiming he didn't gamble on games. Leaking lineup decisions or injury reports perhaps?

Sounds like it was possibly proxy betting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Habibi posted:

Could be cool if the mascot is a green witch.

I think that's in Connecticut.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That hit is fine when Trouba does it so they will probably give him 8 million dollars instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is his correction:
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1718338854501875930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Fish posted:

He's gone. RIP

The source for that is very questionable.