Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dogs only allowed if there is a cat present in the photo, otherwise start a fuckin dog thread.

Other forums have their own cat threads, why the gently caress doesn't AI? Well it does now.

All y'all cats in AI now have a place to post your cats.
I don't own any cats myself, but I have a bunch of cats around me, so I can live vicariously through other people's cats.

Now, I'm not trying to start this thread off on a downer, but I gotta pour out a bag of catnip for the departed. Those that have gone to the great counter full of breakable poo poo to knock on to the floor in the sky.

First off is Chong, she was my brother's kitty. She was dope as hell. She used to play fetch with us, and hang out when we were drinking beer, and she'd wait by the door for my brother to get home from work. She lived to a ripe old age of 18 or so. She was a good kitty.

Next is Pippin. She belonged to my friend and her mom. Their old cat had just died a month or two before and pippin just started showing up around then so they would feed her. One time my friend was out having a smoke on the porch and Pippin showed up. She jumped up in to her lap and took a nap. All of a sudden they had a new cat. Supposedly a few weeks later, they were out on the porch hanging out and a family, walked by the house and one of them was all like "hey, thats our cat". They kept walking. Never heard anything more about it. Pippin was an old kitty when she died too. Probably 16 or 17 or so.

She was pretty dignified and lady like. I only saw her doing some rear end in a top hat poo poo one time. It was hilarious (or so I like to think), we were out on the porch and Pippin was beside the house next door and there was a mouse climbing up the bricks on the neighbor's house. She sat there watching the mouse climb up some bricks, then she would knock it off the wall. Then it would climb up the bricks again, and she would knock it off the wall again. Then it would climb back up the wall and....... After a little bit my friend went over and scolded her and she came back to the porch and went inside. That MF was a purring machine too. You'd just look at her the right way and she'd start purring.

Now we have the last and most recent of the departed. Jiggs. He was a good kitty. He had Kidney problems and so he didn't live as long, but he was probably 12 or 13 years old when he died. Good mouser he was. My dad had a mouse in the garage and he let Jiggs out there to get him. That MF got that mouse in like 10 minutes. When he wasn't killing mice, which was most of the time there was a stuffed alligator that my parents had that would frequently be found in the living room. Every night just about, my dad would be in the back room watching tv and he'd hear a commotion out in the hall. Jiggs would be meowing up a storm and come trotting in to the back room with that stuffed Alligator and drop in at my dad's feet still meowing away and my dad would praise him and congratulate him for being such a good killer and keeping the house safe from that dangerous alligator and then give him pets and scratches. When my parents first got him, and I'd come to visit, sometimes I'd wake up to Jiggs prowling around on my bed at night and if I wiggled my feet, he'd pounce on them.

Now on to a happier note, here is Sunshine. He's a good kitty. The very definition of a scaredy cat, if you look at him the wrong way he gets scared and takes off just about. Supposedly thats a trait of his breed but he also used to pounce on my feet at night when he was a kitten. Anywho he's a very shy but still a good kitty.

This is Little Girl, when my parents got her she hid all the time but would come out at night. I fell asleep on their couch one time and she woke the poo poo out of me in the middle of the night, she was like shoving her face in to my arm pits and meowing and poo poo. These days she's kind of a stuck up bitch a good kitty and somewhat of a diva.

KITTENS!!!!!! Well, they're not so kitten like anymore, but here we have Chico and Chica. They're brother and sister and are constantly loving with each other.
Like kittens do I guess. Chico is the black and white and Chica is the white and grey/orange/whatever the gently caress colour.

Chico is attacking the poo poo out of my foot, while Chica has his back.

Basket kitty!

Chico is on :catdrugs: the thing he has in his paws is a catnip toy

Kitten on kitten violence

C'mon yo! Everyones doing this catnip stuff, you should try it.

Saving the best for last this is without a doubt the WORLD'S GREATEST KITTY CAT. Allie.
She's an old girl these days, but we're not sure how old exactly. My friend's mom found her in a parking garage. She was feral we think. But she's still a good kitty. My favorite kitty. When they first found here and brought her home, they kept her separate from Pippin because she was pretty wild and they didn't know if she'd attack Pippin or something and they wanted to get her shots etc first. So what they did is during the day they kept her in a bedroom (with water and food obviously) and Pippin would roam the house. Then at night Pippin would go in the bedroom and Allie could roam around. Well I felt bad hearing her meowing away in the bedroom so I went out and got her a couple toys. One of them was just a stick with some string, and at the end of the string was some feathers and a little bell. I went in the room and started flipping the stick around and she went crazy. She fuckin loved that poo poo!!
A few weeks after that I was laying on the couch in her living room and the toy (for whatever reason I don't remember) was in the basement and Allie was out roaming the house. I heard the little bell jingling around and figured she was playing with it in the basement. I didn't pay much attention to it, but after a little while the jingling stopped. At some point I sat up and looked over. There was Allie sitting there politely waiting, looking sad with her toy sitting beside her waiting for me to play with her. She'd carried it up the stairs from the basement and then sat patiently waiting for me to notice her and play :3:

Post your kitties!

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Mod kitty declares every post must have a image of a cat.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

This was my old girl Monkey. She was the angriest tortie and just hated everyone, but me and her had an understanding of a particular place in the house where we would interact and she would be a super loving sweetie. On the day she crossed the rainbow bridge, I laid on the floor with her as she took her last breaths. Even then she managed to purr up a storm. A good catte. :shobon:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 12, 2023

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The greatest little friend and all around good beast

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Postin' my little dude Beep

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sleepyman

And his brother

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Pouring one out for my departed homie Sleek

Fyodor

E.T.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Billie Jean

Bean (departed almost a year now, still hurts)

Sophia

Gentleman

(he is asleep in this picture)

Doofus, Gentleman's brother (departed far too young several years ago now, FIP is awful)

The boys. They were bonded pals, they'd tear poo poo up together, rassle, snooze in a pile, just the best.

Oscar. A stray that has adopted us

This is his natural state: covered in grass and weeds. Does not give any fucks whatsoever

"King" (actually: ملِك which transliterates to "malk" or "malik"), a cat we rescued and fostered seven years ago and has been returned to us

It's hard to get a good photo of him because he's always in motion when we're with him, he is just Very Excited to have pets and play. His chin skin was partially detached in his accident 7 years ago when he broke his jaw, so he has a permanently derpy slackjawed look.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Too lazy to do an All Cats Are Beautiful effort post, so we'll just do Wednesday.

I wasn't even looking for another cat but when hitting Petsmart for some supplies last year, this little nugget instantly started playing with me through the window and I couldn't help myself.

I've never had a cat that sploots out quite like this.

Or one that will jump in your lap and barrel roll to get belly rubs.

Perching on warm things seems normal, though.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've never had a cat that sploots out quite like this.

Our cats are now sploot buddies.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Sploot cats best cats

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Look at this evil beast

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Those are some nice fuckin kitties you've got there goons.

As it is Sunday, and there is a new week upon us, I declare this to be BOX KITTY week!

Post kitties in boxes.

Here are some (pretty old and blurry) pics of the WORLD'S GREATEST KITTY CAT in boxes.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love it when the cat insists on being in a box that is slightly too small.

Obviously the best sort of box is one that still has packaging material, and perhaps also a toy

second best is a box that is functioning as a position from which to launch an ambush or perhaps just spy on proceedings

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 16, 2023

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

2 cats 1 box

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Tomorrow is Halloween, so post up ya black kitties.

One or two of these might be repeats.

First off is Jiggs, a black kitty who appropriately enough is now a ghost :(

Here he is sampling some :catdrugs:

Keeping my dad's laptop warm

Heres him and Sunshine hanging out in the kitchen probably waiting for some treats or some poo poo

Now a blurry shot of sunshine being scary showing them teeth of his.

Random blurry shot of Sunshine just being Sunshine

SPOOKY GLOWING EYES!!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Is a pumpkin acceptable?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Sleek is also now a ghost :ghost: :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oscar time

as previously mentioned, his natural base state is to be covered in grass and weeds

here he is last year's halloween. He assisted with greeting the kids and giving out candy

Some kids were brave enough to give him a little pet.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Jack doesnt like Halloween, he was watching from the window and some kid was "OH SPOOKY KITTY" and startled the hell outta him

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That would explain why he had to activate the child-destroying death eyes. Warranted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I was going through a bunch of old pics and found these from 2008 when my family rented a cottage on Baptiste lake near Bancroft Ont.
Random orange cottage kitty:

Here he or she is hanging out in my brother's car.

Now just chillin'.

The same kitty when we rented at the place again in 2010, came in the cottage to visit a couple times and to warm up on the plaid couch by the wood stove.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shoulder catte and sister say hello, and want to know when mommy is coming home,

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My 2 assholes, both now 16 years old in a couple months.

Ginger

Busy being a cat buy laying down on something that is different than what is usually there.

and big brother Cooper

Busy being a cat by... sleeping in box/basket.

Cooper has had a miraculous change over the past 2 months. We seriously thought we might be getting to the end with him and need to put him down in the near future but we got him this 1 per month arthritis injection and holy crap, it's like the clock wound back 10 years.

He no longer has any litterbox issues (after almost a year of problems), now has the zoomies and eats, and shits, like a horse again.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

When shoulder cat gets zoomies, he manages to wind up on my shoulders or on top of my head. Usually with little warning. I hear a "mrrp"PLOPowwww claws.

He's overdue for a nail trim too. Every shirt I've worn this week shows that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

But also

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1724810787171205524

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I have kittens!!

Except they're not really kittens anymore.

Still cute though.

Here they are in no particular order.

Chico likes doing battle with my foot.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm horribly allergic to cats but I'm a cat person, I used to have a cat. This is me at 16 with a kitty my sister got me for my birthday. I named her Fritz. I didn't know there was an adult themed cartoon cat named Fritz at the time.

She grew up to be the prettiest cat:

Fritz went in to heat really really hard one year so we got her spayed and she hated us for the rest of her life. She was the crankiest kitty who was either super pretty or actively fighting you. She was like the darth maul of cats, just seething with rage at all times. It made me sad but I loved her anyway.

Once I learned what it was to never live with cats and not feel like you have a head cold 24/7 I swore off them. Now as an adult I only get my catte action vicariously, so meet my best friend's cat Tolouse. Just look at this handsome lad:

He is the friendliest. Always looking for love and down for a hello headbutt. Here he is getting skritches from dad.

He has a dog brother as well, meet Indy. I've never seen a cat and dog get along this well.

Also randomidiot I never really believed you about shoulder cats, but there's now one marauding my back yard hoping I feed it so it can adopt me someday. My neighbor's kid says it's his cat but the thing lives in my back yard now. It will climb you without asking and camp out on your shoulders. If I weren't so allergic I would steal her. She's the most gorgeous orange/black on white calico. Also most fearless cat I've ever seen, it actively wants in to my house. I trapped it in my garage one day because it just went in there to explore while I was backing out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Maddie has declared this a Kitty Sixxer thread. Want a kitty sixxer? Post kitty you wish to be sixxed with and your request to have it on your rap sheet. Strictly voluntary :)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

World's greatest kitty cat sixxer plz.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'll take a Wednesday-in-a-bucket sixxer.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Did someone say black cats? Missy has words and claws ready.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mama's out of town, therefore Toby will shoulder surf even more.

And sleep all day so he can yell at the doors all night :argh:

His sister is a mama's girl and has nothing to do with me 99% of the time, unless I'm cleaning the shitter or handing out food. In which case she promptly takes a dump in the shitter while trying to steal food from her brother.

Though she does sometimes snuggle up next to me in bed. Only while mama's gone.

(actual brother and sister littermates)

LloydDobler posted:

He has a dog brother as well, meet Indy. I've never seen a cat and dog get along this well.

Also randomidiot I never really believed you about shoulder cats, but there's now one marauding my back yard hoping I feed it so it can adopt me someday. My neighbor's kid says it's his cat but the thing lives in my back yard now. It will climb you without asking and camp out on your shoulders. If I weren't so allergic I would steal her. She's the most gorgeous orange/black on white calico. Also most fearless cat I've ever seen, it actively wants in to my house. I trapped it in my garage one day because it just went in there to explore while I was backing out.

He doesn't ask permission - once you've been around him enough though, you just KNOW when he's about to jump. He gets a certain look in his eyes, looks like he's trying to math a bit, and that's when I go ahead and lean over a little to avoid leaking more blood make it easier for him to stick the landing (he doesn't climb, it's just a single jump from the floor). GF doesn't let him on her shoulders (and freaks out when he does manage to get on her), I give him a ride around the apartment then drop him off at the cat tree. If he's feeling spicy he'll jump off of me, then right back on, and nip my neck lightly to show me who's boss. I've gotten to where I can catch him mid-jump, which both confuses him and pisses him off. And oddly, he'll only jump if he's on my right side - I'll just turn and face him if I don't want him up, and he'll circle to my right, I turn again, he gets pissed off and eventually goes for it anyway.

His sister sometimes tries to do the same, but she's.... uhm... well, there's a reason her name isn't Grace. She usually winds up shredding my back when she tries. She doesn't have much to do with me in general though.

Far from the first cat I've seen that was a shoulder cat though - a friend back in the late 90s had a couple of cats that would jump up when she patted her shoulder:

My last cat (The Dude) and my parents dog got along really well. The day I got him, he waltzed right into the dog's kennel (dog in there already), plopped down on his side, and started giving the dog a neck massage. The look on the dog's face was pure confusion - the cat I had before him (Squeak) always swatted him, he wasn't used to friendly cats.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 29, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Here are some kitty pics I got when I was home for a few days.

Chica chillin' on my dad's bed.

Chico being a box kitty.

Chico just sitting on a chair, or is he in kitty jail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GF took a pic of me getting teabagged..