Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shoulder catte and sister say hello, and want to know when mommy is coming home,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

When shoulder cat gets zoomies, he manages to wind up on my shoulders or on top of my head. Usually with little warning. I hear a "mrrp"PLOPowwww claws.

He's overdue for a nail trim too. Every shirt I've worn this week shows that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mama's out of town, therefore Toby will shoulder surf even more.

And sleep all day so he can yell at the doors all night :argh:

His sister is a mama's girl and has nothing to do with me 99% of the time, unless I'm cleaning the shitter or handing out food. In which case she promptly takes a dump in the shitter while trying to steal food from her brother.

Though she does sometimes snuggle up next to me in bed. Only while mama's gone.

(actual brother and sister littermates)

LloydDobler posted:

He has a dog brother as well, meet Indy. I've never seen a cat and dog get along this well.

Also randomidiot I never really believed you about shoulder cats, but there's now one marauding my back yard hoping I feed it so it can adopt me someday. My neighbor's kid says it's his cat but the thing lives in my back yard now. It will climb you without asking and camp out on your shoulders. If I weren't so allergic I would steal her. She's the most gorgeous orange/black on white calico. Also most fearless cat I've ever seen, it actively wants in to my house. I trapped it in my garage one day because it just went in there to explore while I was backing out.

He doesn't ask permission - once you've been around him enough though, you just KNOW when he's about to jump. He gets a certain look in his eyes, looks like he's trying to math a bit, and that's when I go ahead and lean over a little to avoid leaking more blood make it easier for him to stick the landing (he doesn't climb, it's just a single jump from the floor). GF doesn't let him on her shoulders (and freaks out when he does manage to get on her), I give him a ride around the apartment then drop him off at the cat tree. If he's feeling spicy he'll jump off of me, then right back on, and nip my neck lightly to show me who's boss. I've gotten to where I can catch him mid-jump, which both confuses him and pisses him off. And oddly, he'll only jump if he's on my right side - I'll just turn and face him if I don't want him up, and he'll circle to my right, I turn again, he gets pissed off and eventually goes for it anyway.

His sister sometimes tries to do the same, but she's.... uhm... well, there's a reason her name isn't Grace. She usually winds up shredding my back when she tries. She doesn't have much to do with me in general though.

Far from the first cat I've seen that was a shoulder cat though - a friend back in the late 90s had a couple of cats that would jump up when she patted her shoulder:

My last cat (The Dude) and my parents dog got along really well. The day I got him, he waltzed right into the dog's kennel (dog in there already), plopped down on his side, and started giving the dog a neck massage. The look on the dog's face was pure confusion - the cat I had before him (Squeak) always swatted him, he wasn't used to friendly cats.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 29, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GF took a pic of me getting teabagged..