Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

im a mechanical engineer op. sorry. want me to design a machine for u or somethjing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Buce posted:

the tribometer and eddy current testing devices I use both run on windows nt and were both written in a 1-off programing language developed by a dead guy who never told anybody how it works. why do we still use it? I DO NOT KNOW

an alarming number of critical industrial machines use software that could be described in this way. it's all one big house of cards

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

have you considered becomeing a computer toucher yourself op and making a dece six figgies writing code for a book app startup that gets sold to google for 1.1 billion dollars? seems like easy money

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this has been completed. marked as "successfully implemented", and closing this ticket op. thanks for bringing this to our attention :thanks:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i loving hate whoever wrote this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

let's go