Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im a mechanical engineer op. sorry. want me to design a machine for u or somethjing

yeah actually an automated bookshelf that sorts the books by how good they are would be sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

since around 2018 every time anyone tries to code anything it just turns into an AI or metaverse thing, existing examples of functional software are now irreplaceable relics. I just tried to make a hello world program for old times sake and it compiled into a chatbot that keeps pushing me to click malformed links to Andrew Tate videos

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doc Fission posted:

UI is terrible and dated and hasn't been updated since about 2008. It's supposed to be social media for books people but something about the way the website is attracts the most annoying clowns. Finding books is awful. Finding tolerable people who write decent reviews on the site is awful. It largely functions as a machine for terrible YA authors to give each other boosts and/or engage in public pettiness. There is no correlation between how any book is rated on that site and reality. Just thinking about it makes me mad

OP this is what the book forum here looks like

I think you might have to accept that the problem isn't the platform it's that this is what you get when you get a group of self-described "book people"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 13, 2023