Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Mega64 posted:

NFL rules state you're only allowed to root for one team, except for when your team is tanking.

What if your head coach is Josh McDaniels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Black Sunshine posted:

Then your team is tanking, they just don’t know it yet.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Black Sunshine posted:

That’s not rooting, that’s masochism

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That’s just plain suffering. Also i side eye anyone who roots for their team and the divisional rival. That is just wrong.

edit: I give it a day or two Florio gets ripped apart for that stupid loving statement.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 18, 2023

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I have a Vikings jersey hanging up next to my Bengals jersey. Someone come over to my house n spank my rear end

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

fartknocker posted:

My God, imagine the Clownball… Game goes to triple OT, ends on a safety caused by a botched field goal that goes completely insane. Super Bowl MVP is a punter.

Everyone should have three favorite teams: One in the NFC, one in the AFC, and whoever is playing the Cowboys that week.

When the 49ers and Broncos played at Wembley in 2010, the biggest cheers were for whenever the Cowboys score came up on the scoreboard as they were in the process of getting absolutely humped by the Jaguars in Dallas

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Its very normal to have two teams especially if you move somewhere. There were/are even dual Ravens/Steelers fans especially in the early days of the Ravens.

Also lots of people who rooted for like the 49ers or the Cowboys etc while Baltimore didnt have a team still cheered for them too

When Steelers fans used to really take over Ravens home games back in the late 90s and early 00s, many of them were even Ravens season ticket holders who cheered for the Ravens in all the other games! Fairly rare now though. Typical habitat degradation

When I moved to Colorado I thought I might root for the broncos as long as they weren’t in conflict with the Pats. Then they almost immediately signed Peyton and were our biggest rivals for several years and lol. Now they’re quite harmless but the conversion to villains was done.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I have a big soft spot for the Giants because I started following the Ravens and the NFL only in 2008 and that Super Bowl sealed the deal and made me a football fan 4 lyfe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You have your home team and you have your team that your franchise player was traded to because your team stunk for 30 years and was on the verge of wasting him.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MJeff posted:

You have your home team and you have your team that your franchise player was traded to because your team stunk for 30 years and was on the verge of wasting him.

Sorry I couldn't stomach rooting for the Colorado Avalanche.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MJeff posted:

Even though the Panthers were in the NFCW for only a few years, it still feels weird to root for the Niners

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

When the 49ers and Broncos played at Wembley in 2010, the biggest cheers were for whenever the Cowboys score came up on the scoreboard as they were in the process of getting absolutely humped by the Jaguars in Dallas

lol I had to look this game up and there are some names involved

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010310dal.htm

David Garrard with 4 TD passes, Marcedes Lewis catching 2 of them. MJD running for 135 and Mike Sims-Walker catching for 153. Jon Kitna threw 4 picks and Sam Hurd catching passes :allears:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MJeff posted:

Let's go Bucks :(

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I had that start with the Chiefs when Joe Montana went there. Had to! Later when the Niners were stinking things up, I could sometimes get some joy out of football when the Chiefs were good. That's how I caught Mahomes early in his career, so I'd say it paid off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I cheer for lions in NFC and Dolphins for AFC since both coaches have too much fun, but I enjoy watching the 49ers because it’s usually good football and then watching the bills because I think they had the same story as the lions and sucked for a long time

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
My parents both grew up in the Philadelphia area (My grandparents had season tickets back in the '60s and were at the game where Santa got pelted with snowballs), but our family moved to Metro Detroit over 2 decades ago so they root for both the Eagles and the Lions. I don't consider myself an Eagles fan, but I'll definitely root for them in the playoffs if the Lions are out of it. I've also had a lingering fondness for Carolina since we lived in Charlotte a few years when I was a kid, and we would pass by the stadium whenever we went to Carowinds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nfc must fold.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

I have a Vikings jersey hanging up next to my Bengals jersey. Someone come over to my house n spank my rear end

Huh weird, I also have the Vikes as a sidepiece. The misery seems comparable.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I suspect a Vikings mistress is acceptable as you know your AFC main won't meet them in the playoffs. :v:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Android Apocalypse posted:

I suspect a Vikings mistress is acceptable as you know your AFC main won't meet them in the playoffs. :v:

This is partially my reason for being a bears/chargers fan. But mostly masochism

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If the Vikings and the Chargers both got to the superbowl the cosmos would crash the two team jets into each other and goddel would declare that both teams lost standing on the wreckage

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pontius Pilate posted:

This is partially my reason for being a bears/chargers fan. But mostly masochism

I too enjoy long walks on the beach that involve repeatedly getting kicked in the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Good lord the Saints are bad.

We can talk about it here in the Week 7 Aftermath thread!