Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Kansas City Chiefs are not as good as they were last year.

Then again, the Denver Broncos are exactly as good as they were last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The line was 10.5 lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a neat cape posted:

The line was 10.5 lol

Vegas stays winning.

I do not know how sports betting works

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
that sure was some Thursday Night Football that was played featuring :boom:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just saw a Broncos fan say that his phone wanted to autocorrect Perine to Perineum and that made me laugh harder than it should

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just saw a Broncos fan say that his phone wanted to autocorrect Perine to Perineum and that made me laugh harder than it should

Lmao

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I am ready for trades.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

if the Broncos had mustered even a semblance of offense they could have made a game out of that, truly awful

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sean Payton is officially warshed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

if the Broncos had mustered even a semblance of offense they could have made a game out of that, truly awful

This is by far the best defense Mahomes has ever had

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Who is more washed, Peyton or Russ?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It really is quite something seeing a team take big swing after big swing and have all of them just completely blow up in your face the way the Broncos have the last two years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Russ is playing like someone who's never played QB before

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

front page of ESPN

pretty embarrassing

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Paid attention to Jeudy because of the trade rumors. I don’t have a big football brain but he always looked a moment slow, a step behind. Does he fit the “WR1” profile the Panthers, say, are looking for? Does he just hate his bosses in Denver?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a throw to the endzone for Jeudy near the end of the game and it wasn't like, a great throw, but Jeudy didn't even try to fight for it, it was pretty weak.

Still think Steve Smith was a prick about him, though.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i'm curious what Sean Payton would have to do (purely football) to get sacked less than a year after the team traded a 1st for him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Paid attention to Jeudy because of the trade rumors. I don’t have a big football brain but he always looked a moment slow, a step behind. Does he fit the “WR1” profile the Panthers, say, are looking for? Does he just hate his bosses in Denver?

Pessimist's take would be that he's talented, but not talented enough to coast as much as he does, and the lack of constant effort plus questionable hands puts a ceiling on him that's sub-WR1

Optimist's take is that he's already put up a ~70 catch/970 yard season despite playing with iffy quarterbacks in iffy offenses and working through some injuries, and there's reason to believe he could step his game up even further if he's partnered with the right QB or plays in an offense built to his strengths

Based on what I've seen I don't think he'll ever live up to his pre-draft potential and I wouldn't give up a ton for him in a trade, but he's capable of being a productive player if you accept him for what he is

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

AndrewP posted:

front page of ESPN

pretty embarrassing

what is embarrassing about it?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The less attention Brittany Mahomes gets the better the world is.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

There was a throw to the endzone for Jeudy near the end of the game and it wasn't like, a great throw, but Jeudy didn't even try to fight for it, it was pretty weak.

Still think Steve Smith was a prick about him, though.

This is the pattern with Jeudy. He just does not make contested catches, ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
While it wasn't Scorigami, this is only the second time in a century that a game has ended 19-8.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Forgot this was posted in the GDT (which was also posted in the N/V thread) so posting it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Android Apocalypse posted:

Forgot this was posted in the GDT (which was also posted in the N/V thread) so posting it here:

Can this video be enshrined in Canton?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

xbilkis posted:

Pessimist's take would be that he's talented, but not talented enough to coast as much as he does, and the lack of constant effort plus questionable hands puts a ceiling on him that's sub-WR1

Optimist's take is that he's already put up a ~70 catch/970 yard season despite playing with iffy quarterbacks in iffy offenses and working through some injuries, and there's reason to believe he could step his game up even further if he's partnered with the right QB or plays in an offense built to his strengths

Based on what I've seen I don't think he'll ever live up to his pre-draft potential and I wouldn't give up a ton for him in a trade, but he's capable of being a productive player if you accept him for what he is

Even discounting what Smith said about him, I would be concerned about him coming over to Carolina or another bottom-dwelling WR-needy team and doing the same thing that he's doing in Denver. He might like the Panthers' coaching staff and Young better than everything in Denver, but it's not exactly a great situation there either

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol sean payton.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/1712681872973558225?s=20

Nathaniel Hackett's Wonderful Week continues.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is the sports equivalent of an Eminem diss track, Jesus Christ

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Vegas stays winning.

I do not know how sports betting works
They set the odds so that the bets come in as close to 50/50 on each outcome as possible, and make their money because if you add up the payouts they're offering, they keep about 5-10% of the stakes regardless of who wins.

Also goddamn, never seen a man's career get ended on the preshow before.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I do want to say that the amount of time that Vance Joseph, by name, was singularly complimented in that game was fuckin’ weird. He’s a lovely DC who sucks, that was a decent to good defensive performance by the Broncos that really seemed to occur in spite of him, not because of it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Broncos are bad and unlikable and it’s cool when Sean Payton loses.

Good outcome imo.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kalensc posted:

Can this video be enshrined in Canton?

This wing will have this clip, TO’s driveway press conference… anything else?

E: same old sorry rear end rams gotta be there

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 13, 2023

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Docjowles posted:

This wing will have this clip, TO’s driveway press conference… anything else?

E: same old sorry rear end rams gotta be there

That’s not what he wanted to cook, DISGUSTING ACT!, cash money homie

It’s early but “I’m always loving open” rules

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NieR Occomata posted:

That’s not what he wanted to cook, DISGUSTING ACT!, cash money homie

It’s early but “I’m always loving open” rules

Excuse me but it's "straight cash, homie"

Also, CAN'T WAIT absolutely 100% has to be another, as does "PLAYOFFS?!" and "THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd way rather go to a museum making fun of dumb football assholes than Canton.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Why the gently caress do the chiefs keep running garbage plays with direct snaps to Gray or Toney or whoever in some stupid nonsense that hardly ever works every 4th and short? Why would you not let the best QB ever take the loving snap and do whizzard bullshit?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fat Jesus posted:

Why the gently caress do the chiefs keep running garbage plays with direct snaps to Gray or Toney or whoever in some stupid nonsense that hardly ever works every 4th and short? Why would you not let the best QB ever take the loving snap and do whizzard bullshit?

i wonder if theres some study on overthinking poo poo

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I watch a broncos YouTuber (partially because the schadenfreude) and he’s frequently wondered aloud in this nightmare of a season why people would hate Peyton and it’s like…do you just not remember the whole, like, thing with Bountygate? Is it really that surprising to you that people hate him as a result of that? Just such strange like, willful ignorance of a guy’s personal failings cuz he wears your team’s visor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Excuse me but it's "straight cash, homie"

This has bad feels because 15 years later I still clearly remember texting "straight cash homie" to all my homies after a sick Moss play in the Pats 18-1 Super Bowl. And then Tyree happened :argh: :argh: :argh:

It was still a baller clip though