Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Shinji2015 posted:

The woman beside her just looks like she's going "oh, that's nice that she's enjoying herself"

It's been a good couple of days for coach faces

Maybe the coach face from this week will get me to remember Arthur Smith, I've been having a hard time what with Arthur Blank and Mike Smith and Falcons and it's just not sticking with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Only one QB can be truly terrible on SNF, and between Dallas & Los Angeles Herbert drew the short straw.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also, how quickly could the Chiefs clinch the AFCW at this point? Seems like...pretty close to a forgone conclusion?

I feel like this is still six or seven weeks away at minimum. The Raiders are .500 and even though we know they're not good the division can't actually be clinched until the Chiefs can't be caught with a tiebreaker.

Apparently there's already a playoff machine you can gently caress around with and I'm able to find a scenario where the Chiefs clinch in Week 12 at 10-1 (4-0) and every other team is X-7 (X-2) or worse, which I think is the earliest clinch scenario. Anything earlier than that has the Chiefs at 9-1 (3-0) and the Raiders are at worst 3-8 (1-1) which is technically not a clinch scenario.

EDIT: I think mathematically the earliest it's possible to clinch a division is Week 10 with a team at 9-0 and all other teams in the division at 0-9, but that's only possible if there have been no divisional games because any one of those will result in a couple divisional wins. Even if every single divisional game not played by the leading team is a tie, that still adds up to a couple wins eventually. Practically speaking it's probably Week 11 or Week 12, which is in reach unless the Chiefs drop a couple or the rest of the division wins anything of note.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 17, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

Only one QB can be truly terrible on SNF, and between Dallas & Los Angeles Herbert drew the short straw.

What day do you think it was today?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Uncut Gems - A One-Woman Show

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ooh man, that one might hang around

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Clint Howard would be proud of that face.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i didnt watch, did Kellen Moore score 100 points against his former team like he intended to do?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

epic bacon posted:

i didnt watch, did Kellen Moore score 100 points against his former team like he intended to do?

Turns out his old pal Dan Quinn has his number.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Remember that time Miami played an entire game's worth of Cover-0 and the Ravens had no answer?

Third play of the game, Titans show the same look.

But something unexpected happens... Jackson sees four DBs playing off coverage with no safety help, and actually appears to **change the play**. Apparently this is allowed??

Jackson throws a quick screen to Agholor to beat the blitz and take advantage of the coverage. Could have gone for 6.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1713549521483886902

It just shows a level of preparedness and flexibility in this offense that you didn't see much before.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1714304553766576213?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's been some wishcasting among Bills fans that Dorsey gets hired away as a HC and Daboll gets fired and comes back as OC, but that's Daboll obviously hated working with McDermott, heh.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I get the feeling we might be in for a full-scale Daboll meltdown/team collapse if things don't start turning around immediately. Dude just doesn't seem to be handling any of this well.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

I get the feeling we might be in for a full-scale Daboll meltdown/team collapse if things don't start turning around immediately. Dude just doesn't seem to be handling any of this well.

Coach of the Year to a Jim Mora / Rick Pitino press conference meltdown in less than 12 months would be phenomenal content :allears:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AndrewP posted:

Remember that time Miami played an entire game's worth of Cover-0 and the Ravens had no answer?

Third play of the game, Titans show the same look.

But something unexpected happens... Jackson sees four DBs playing off coverage with no safety help, and actually appears to **change the play**. Apparently this is allowed??

Jackson throws a quick screen to Agholor to beat the blitz and take advantage of the coverage. Could have gone for 6.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1713549521483886902

It just shows a level of preparedness and flexibility in this offense that you didn't see much before.

Lamar had similar success changing another play in that game. It's like trusting a good QB to make their own decisions leads to more success!

If the Ravens can get their poo poo together enough to not take the second half off, they'd be a legit Super Bowl contender. That's why I sympathize with Kawalimus.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

oh by god

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't notice what that pic was showing off and thought it was a completely hosed up attempt at loss. unless it still is that too, then they hosed it upp bad

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

I'm gonna need more than one blurry image to get over my "not all asian women look the same" bias.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Look, maybe we shouldn't question it, enjoy it, let her enjoy it, and maybe she just really loving loves football which God Bless her.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Gatts posted:

Look, maybe we shouldn't question it, enjoy it, let her enjoy it, and maybe she just really loving loves football which God Bless her.

If Rob Lowe can root for all 32 teams then surely this lady can root for just two

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Football fans stop showing their whole rear end when it comes to women interacting with the sport Challenge (Impossible)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're not even good at hiding it anymore, between them hating this fan and them hating Taylor Swift

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do people hate her?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

there has been a weird level of vitriol, considering ESPN's camera team is the primary reason why she is currently part of sports media. and also there's a picture of her looking like a vikings fan

people wear house divided jerseys without giving it a second thought. i would guess ~5-10% of this forum has changed their NFL allegiance or whatever at some point. i do not know why people are so worked up

stuker fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 18, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

stuker posted:

there has been a weird level of vitriol, considering ESPN's camera team is the primary reason why she is currently part of sports media. and also there's a picture of her looking like a vikings fan

people wear house divided jerseys without giving it a second thought. i would guess ~5-10% of this forum has changed their NFL allegiance or whatever at some point. i do not know why people are so worked up

I'll have you know I was "LOL Bengals" the day I was born and I will be "LOL Bengals" on the day I die.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'll have you know I was "LOL Bengals" the day I was born and I will be "LOL Bengals" on the day I die.

Same but LOL Jets

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I have bled green blue and grey since the day I was born. Doctors can't believe I'm still alive but that's how deep my fandom runs.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
drat didn’t know it was illegal to like more than one team

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

stuker posted:

because it’s funny. i wouldn’t think too much about it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this is how the world got Pamela Anderson in the 90s. how soon people forget

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

indigi posted:

this is how the world got Pamela Anderson in the 90s. how soon people forget

If Chargers/Vikings Lady ends up on the reboot of Home Improvement, then more power to her.

Heidi was the superior Tool Time lady anyway :colbert:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm trying to imagine the life I'd be leading if I routinely had the money to drop $1,200 on seating at a chargers game and I can guarantee it wouldn't be attending Chargers games.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lol at up to 24 tickets, but five parking passes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

22 suite tickets with unlimited food and alcohol at that price seems pretty reasonable? For like a corporate outing or whatever, not for normal people watching a game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Rotten posted:

drat didn’t know it was illegal to like more than one team

NFL rules state you're only allowed to root for one team, except for when your team is tanking.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Its very normal to have two teams especially if you move somewhere. There were/are even dual Ravens/Steelers fans especially in the early days of the Ravens.

Also lots of people who rooted for like the 49ers or the Cowboys etc while Baltimore didnt have a team still cheered for them too

When Steelers fans used to really take over Ravens home games back in the late 90s and early 00s, many of them were even Ravens season ticket holders who cheered for the Ravens in all the other games! Fairly rare now though. Typical habitat degradation

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 18, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mega64 posted:

NFL rules state you're only allowed to root for one team, except for when your team is tanking.

If the NFL started encouraging everyone to get a NFC and AFC team they'd double their merch. It's clear this "fan" at the "football game" is there to encourage more people to double dip. Shameful is what it is, really

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Guess I’m rooting for a Chargers/Vikings Superbowl now just to test that lady’s mettle.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

latinotwink1997 posted:

Guess I’m rooting for a Chargers/Vikings Superbowl now just to test that lady’s mettle.

My God, imagine the Clownball… Game goes to triple OT, ends on a safety caused by a botched field goal that goes completely insane. Super Bowl MVP is a punter.

Forrest on Fire posted:

If the NFL started encouraging everyone to get a NFC and AFC team they'd double their merch. It's clear this "fan" at the "football game" is there to encourage more people to double dip. Shameful is what it is, really

Everyone should have three favorite teams: One in the NFC, one in the AFC, and whoever is playing the Cowboys that week.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Super Bowl MVP is a punter.

Having flashbacks to that Ohio State vs. Michigan State game where the dude they named the player of the game or whatever was Drue loving Chrisman.