Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Like there was a hole somewhere that it was known if you stuck your dick in, it would get sucked?

Obviously the same guy can’t be there all the time so they like worked in shifts?

I don’t get how this worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
it relied on a level of serendipity and patience that doesnt work today in the era of tiktok addled millennials

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Interesting read but quite graphic - it is from the Rotten Library after all. There aren't any gross pictures but it's still pretty NSFW.

They basically came into being after all the gay bath houses got closed during the breakout of AIDS.

https://gwern.net/doc/rotten.com/library/sex/homosexuality/gloryholes/index.html

quote:

Those who might ordinarily cry out for stall walls to be torn down now found themselves devising new ways of erecting them, even punching holes through them. Craftily, in one of the earliest documented attempts at cannibalizing or otherwise "taking back" an aspect of their own culture, the gay bath house crowd quietly moved their whole operation straight into the center of the firestorm: the adult bookstore.

Buddy booths were invented: closet-sized stalls where a single wall, or glass partition with dual curtains—or any apparatus blocking access to your neighbor—separates two booths.

A pushbutton on either side first raises, then lowers one's partition. When two buttons are pressed by adjacent parties, both curtains rise and the two individuals can access one another. Some booths require both buttons to be pressed at the same time. These booths were designed to allow people to see, but not necessarily touch their neighbor. Some facilities have modified their booths so that only a small porthole opens up. This allows two people to see and feel each other while adhering to the age-old principle of good fences making for good neighbors. A couples' booth is not unlike the TARDIS, an inner sanctum appearing much larger on the inside than on the out. Often a wooden sauna bench takes the place of a single swivel stool or compact folding chair, and such booths are suitable for double dates.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ask your mom op

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

noted historial journal rotten dot com

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

they are rare now that capitalism has concentrated the work into a standardized form produced at large scale Dick Sucking Factories

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

modern construction techniques mean that builders are now using the lowest quality, lowest cost materials and building structures as cheaply as possible, so these days the act of simply creating a single glory hole in a wall could compromise the integrity of the entire structure :(

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

modern construction techniques mean that builders are now using the lowest quality, lowest cost materials and building structures as cheaply as possible, so these days the act of simply creating a single glory hole in a wall could compromise the integrity of the entire structure :(

tldr: the holes used to be load bearing but now the walls are

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

NoiseAnnoys posted:

noted historial journal rotten dot com

stfu if you dont find an early oughts archiving of underground gay culture going back to the 1850s interesting

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

I just pop a couple of gas station boner pills and use my rock hard hog to bust out my own gloryhole

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

massive spider posted:

stfu if you dont find an early oughts archiving of underground gay culture going back to the 1850s interesting

i'm sorry, noted gay culture archivist rotten dot com

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they’re very prominent in klingon oral history

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
there was a an out-of-the-way bathroom in my college that had a jagged metal gloryhole between two of the stalls. Maintenance kept patching over it with metal plates, and the gloryholers kept removing them. Went on for years.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole

"The first documented instance of a glory hole was in a 1707 court case known as the "Tryals of Thomas Vaughan and Thomas Davis" in London, England,"

quote:

...but having occasion to untruss a Point, went down to the Temple Bog-House, where he had not been long before a Boy in the adjoyning Vault put his Privy-member through a Hole, which he perceiving was so surprized that he immediately'went away; but he was no sooner come out, but the Boy follow'd him, and cry'd out stop him; saying he would have bugger'd him,...

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
All the glory be to Allah op

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

One time in a wretched Tacoma rest stop I made sure nobody was in the next stall and stuck my cock through the gloryhole there for the lols, but a beastly incubus materialized and sucked me and it was actually pretty deece

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

https://perthvoiceinteractive.com/2018/12/07/was-glorious-history/

The Perth Voice posted:

A HISTORIC glory hole has been accepted into the WA Museum’s collection as a significant object in Perth’s LGBTI history.

The hole had been cut through the door of a car park toilet block on the Albany Highway-side of the Gosnells train station and was used by gay men for covert sex and to find boyfriends back when being queer carried a nasty stigma.

I find the photo pretty funny because it looks like two dads showing off their home built shed.
I think it’s the shorts

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pencilhands posted:

Like there was a hole somewhere that it was known if you stuck your dick in, it would get sucked?

Obviously the same guy can’t be there all the time so they like worked in shifts?

I don’t get how this worked

Why don't you ask your dad

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Ian Fidance getting rejected at a glory hole is one of the funniest stories on a podcast ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEXnTILaiU&t=792s

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 13, 2023

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Killing Jelq posted:

I find the photo pretty funny because it looks like two dads showing off their home built shed.
I think it’s the shorts

Everyone knows you don't wash your glory hole with soap or you ruin the seasoning

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Killing Jelq posted:

I think it’s the shorts

With oil and spices?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Yes, they absolutely exist, but they are more a gay bathhouse, certain kind of gay bar, connected to public cruising type thing. Also gay men will put them in their own homes as an invitation type thing.

Basically, they exist with in the context of anonymous public gay sex, you are just as likely to run into a "working" gloryhole as you are to find two men loving in the backwoods of a public park. Yeah, it can absolutely happen but you are also were almost certainly looking for it when you found it.

It's like finding two men having sex in a gym steam room, yes, it absolutely happens all the time but also you were at a certain type of gym. Funny story, when I moved into an apartment building, god, this was 20 years ago, the gym wasn't finished and was way behind schedule. To keep everyone happy because it was sold as a very nice gym as an amenity, they bought anyone that complained a membership to the nearest gym. The nearest gym was, that kind of gym. There were a lot of pissed of straight dudes the next week when they went to the gym and found men openly loving in the locker room.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 13, 2023

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Three Olives posted:

Also gay men will put them in their own homes as an invitation type thing.

:dafuq:

Do they punch a hole in the bathroom door or...? Do you have more than one toilet in your bathroom seperated by cubicles?

Explain yourself.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Valko posted:

Do they punch a hole in the bathroom door or...? Do you have more than one toilet in your bathroom seperated by cubicles?

Explain yourself.

A door, but, again, this is a thing that exists within the context of aficionados of anonymous gay sex, it's not the kind of thing that you are just going to find in your average gay man's house, it's the kind of thing you are going to find in the house of a gay man that has a sex swing in the living room.

There is also this thing called a no-loads refused gang bang where there is a hotel room door slightly ajar and a guy laying rear end up with a blind fold and you just gently caress him, no conversation, no foreplay, you just put a load in has rear end. It's a thing that exists, but not at your average Hilton, it's something that you find on like a gay cruise or a host hotel for a circuit party.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

tldr: the holes used to be load bearing but now the walls are

three posts so good i suspect this is a bit you've been working on

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Permabanned user "cumshitter" ran his finance management office out of a glory business hole in a night club bathroom stall.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

This is all I have to add
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6cRX5gsr-s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Glory holes, don’t pass em by
Glory holes, put a load in a young guy’s eye
Glory holes, glory hoooooollleess

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Valko posted:

Explain yourself.
It’s not to do with the bathroom specifically, it’s just a wall with a hole in it. Some guys put them in their foyer so they can suck randos’ dicks anonymously and without allowing randos fully into their apartment.

e: go on sniffies if you want a glimpse into another world. anyone who gets a bj as a result of this post has to buy me an account upgrade

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Three Olives posted:

Yes, they absolutely exist, but they are more a gay bathhouse, certain kind of gay bar, connected to public cruising type thing. Also gay men will put them in their own homes as an invitation type thing.

Basically, they exist with in the context of anonymous public gay sex, you are just as likely to run into a "working" gloryhole as you are to find two men loving in the backwoods of a public park. Yeah, it can absolutely happen but you are also were almost certainly looking for it when you found it.

It's like finding two men having sex in a gym steam room, yes, it absolutely happens all the time but also you were at a certain type of gym. Funny story, when I moved into an apartment building, god, this was 20 years ago, the gym wasn't finished and was way behind schedule. To keep everyone happy because it was sold as a very nice gym as an amenity, they bought anyone that complained a membership to the nearest gym. The nearest gym was, that kind of gym. There were a lot of pissed of straight dudes the next week when they went to the gym and found men openly loving in the locker room.

I’m kind of surprised there’s no indication that a gym is a gay gym until you check the locker room out

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Anne Whateley posted:

e: go on sniffies if you want a glimpse into another world. anyone who gets a bj as a result of this post has to buy me an account upgrade

Well that’s certainly a glimpse.

There are literally 4 guys within 800 *feet* of my location. I’m at home.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

You come across two glory holes and above them are written:

"One of us always lies, the other only tells the truth..."

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

It’s not to do with the bathroom specifically, it’s just a wall with a hole in it. Some guys put them in their foyer so they can suck randos’ dicks anonymously and without allowing randos fully into their apartment.

You're some sort of incubus, aren't you? You have to tell us if you're an incubus trying to make it easier for other sex demons to get fed, it is the rules.

Don't stop, by all means please keep sucking dicks, but what we need now for dicksucking rights is unity and open collaboration.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

pencilhands posted:

I’m kind of surprised there’s no indication that a gym is a gay gym until you check the locker room out

I mean, it was an open secret, it's not like the gym could advertise themselves as a place that allowed anonymous public gay sex in the locker room, it's like how gay bathhouses advertise themselves like luxurious spa facilities and not places where you can go to be gangbanged by randos by the sauna.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 13, 2023

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Baxter posted:

Well that’s certainly a glimpse.

There are literally 4 guys within 800 *feet* of my location. I’m at home.

The BJs are coming from inside the house!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Killing Jelq posted:

I think it’s the shorts

I'm not sure if I hate or love that outfit on the right

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

redshirt posted:

With oil and spices?

The Colonel’s Secret Recipe

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm not sure if I hate or love that outfit on the right

i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I mean I thought it was great but my fashion sense can be iffy so