Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hey NCAA Goons!

We've gotten a lot of new faces (and some old, returning ones) posting in the NCAA threads this season, and I thought it might be time for a census thread! I believe there used to be one way back in the day, so let's bring it back.

Post your team(s), and I'll list them below. You can do one, or multiple, or none, or whatever. Fandoms are largely arbitrary, feel free to share the hows and whys you came to be a fan of your program/s!

I put parentheses around what are explicitly or I assumed to be secondary teams for folks.

-----

Alabama
Declan MacManus (also a 'Bama hater)
GD_American
JGdmn
Ulesi
Zwabu

Appalachian State
Ches Neckbeard

Arkansas
tactlessbastard
C. Everett Koop
CloFan
EvilBlackRailgun

Arkansas State
CloFan (work there, but they suck real bad, but redwolves are cool)

Arizona
Qwijib0
Ninja Bob

Arizona State
Chieves (family)

Auburn
I. M. Gei (family)

Baylor
General Dog (Waco native, family)

Boise State
Darksaber ('07 Fiesta Bowl)

Cal
Christe Eleison
predicto (lived on West Coast)

Cincinnati
Cthulu Carl (binturongs)
TheGreyGhost (grad school)

Clemson
drewhead
lamentable dustman

Duke
Adun

Georgia
Ugly John (Lewis Grizzard)
RC and Moon Pie
D.N. Nation
Winkie01

Georgia Tech
Webbeh

Florida
LeeMajors
EvilHawk

Florida State
wandler20
Teva

Fresno State
Highbrow Slick

Houston
dirty shrimp money

Idaho
A Real Horse
Mustached Demon
pfunkdaddy

Illinois
trevorreznik

Indiana
Elephanthead
Jivesauce

Iowa
DC Murderverse

Iowa State
Bird in a Blender
Thoguh

Kansas
Probably Magic

Kentucky
TheAlmightyFrog
Cavauro
Chief McHeath
pfunkdaddy

Lousiville
SpiritualDeath (a bunch of stuff, cool bird)

LSU
dirty shrimp money (almost went there)
TheKingslayer
Jivesauce (brother went to school there, but their recent coaches have been pretty gross, so kinda hard)

Maryland
Vertical Lime (lives there)

Memphis
JesustheDarkLord (grad school, when it doesn't hurt the Vols)

Miami (FL)
epic bacon
C. Everett Koop (pocket)

Michigan
C-Euro
KYOON GRIFFEY JR (Michigan Affiliated Person)
WoodrowSkillson
Blowjob Overtime
Gonz
predicto
Sirotan
Dance McPants
Apex Rogers
Zurreco
schwein11
Luigi Thirty (family, doesn't like directionals or Sparty)
NJM

Michigan State
Henchman of Santa
Anals of History
C-Euro (dad, will lol at them sometimes)
WoodrowSkillson (in bowl games)

Minnesota
Blowjob Overtime

Missouri
the mean lunch lady
Mike_V
xbilkis
LiquidFriend

Nebraska
Dango Bango

Nevada
SpiritualDeath

North Carolina
OPAONI

North Dakota State
wandler20 (also a Bison hater)

North Texas
Chieves (family, jazz is neat)
Nissin Cup Nudist

Northwestern
siriuslysomething
xbilkis (Hometown's Big Ten Team)
R.D. Mangles

Notre Dame
schwein11 (they guess)

Ohio State
Cthulu Carl
TheGreyGhost
downout
Ches Neckbeard (family)
rare Magic card l00k
whos that broooown
SpiritualDeath (family, lives in Columbus)
Omne

Oklahoma
Judgy Fucker
Zoran
TheAlmightyFrog (marriage)
Stanley Tucheetos
mst4k
Pobrecito
JAY ZERO SUM GAME
OpaqueEcho
Vincent Van Goatse

Ole Miss
Ugly John

Oregon
Nervous
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Maxwells Demon
harperdc

Oregon State
Nervous (cool)
MarquisDeCarabas
Failson

Penn State
Sash!
Crescent Wrench
Roasted Donut
Komet
Omnikin
Nissin Cup Nudist

Pittsburgh
Maed

Purdue
wernox

Sam Houston State
DuckHuntDog (grad school)

San Diego State
a neat cape

South Alabama
GD_American
TheKingslayer

South Carolina
Azrial

South Florida
Luigi Thirty

Stanford
opposable thumbs.db

TCU
Chieves

Temple
shyduck

Tennessee
Mega64
JesustheDarkLord
Ches Neckbeard (mustard)
Joey Freshwater
Pimpcasso
Demon Of The Fall

Texas
Thermos H Christ
I. M. Gei
Edward Mass (took some classes)
G-Hawk
Baggot
Jean-Paul Shartre
DuckHuntDog
PostNouveau

Texas A&M
George H.W. oval office
General Dog

Texas State
Edward Mass

Texas Tech
kayakyakr

Toledo
schwein11

Tulane
Cthulu Carl (uncle's Christmas card signature)
Omne
PostNouveau

UCF
zimbomonkey

UCLA
Christe Eleison (when not playing Cal)

USC
a neat cape (childhood NFL connection)

Utah
drunk leprechaun (mom's family)

Virginia
Ungratek
Darksaber

Virginia Tech
single-mode fiber
drunk leprechaun

Wake Forest
Omne

Washington
Henchman of Santa (secondary, partner's school, good dogge)
seiferguy
EmbryoSteve
Zurreco
THIS_IS_FINE
Manoueverable

Washington State
wheez the roux [PBUH]
SpiritualDeath

West Virginia
Penisaurus Sex
Asproigerosis
SpiritualDeath (lived in WV)
durabrand107

Wisconsin
Yates
Rectal Placenta
Coco13
dirty shrimp money (sometimes, family)

No team/mercenary/lols/Xort
Alaois
Vertical Lime

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If the avatar doesn't give it away, I'm an OU guy. No other schools I actively follow, I usually cheer for Tulsa as another Oklahoma program.

Grew up an Oklahoma State fan 'cause of my mom back in the '90s when OSU was mediocre and OU was bad. Lost interest in fandom during middle and high school, then went to OU and welp.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Cal, for better or for worse, and UCLA (my partner’s school) when they’re not playing Cal.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i go to alabama which makes me an alabama fan but more importantly it makes me an alabama hater and it’s fun to watch them eat poo poo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Florida State Seminoles fan since the early 90s. Similar to Declan, I live in North Dakota and while I like to see NDSU do well it's very funny when they eat poo poo because the massive bandwagon that has grown over the years gets so, so mad.

I mostly just lurk the college threads because they're very depressing with all the awful poo poo that goes on with college sports.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Since I'm an alum of both, I cheer for the University of South Alabama and the University of Alabama. (They'll never play each other, no worries).

I gleefully admit that I will jump off the Tide bandwagon without a second's hesitation when they have trouble, though.

I was known for years as a fan of Southern Miss, but then they tried to hire Art Briles, and that was it forever.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I’m an Alabama fan. My dad was a walk-on in 1965 as a center/LS until he dropped out and went to Vietnam.

Since I was never smart enough to graduate from a college, that’s who’ve I’ve cheered for all my life though I’ve never lived in the southeastern US.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I support the high flying Ducks of Oregon since my first days at their university in 2004. May they shitcan the Trojans and Udub in perpetuity. Beavs are cool.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ohio State since I went there, along with some positive rooting interests like Cincinnati (in the area and it's fun to call them binturongs) or Tulane (Dope unis and my uncle Wayne's signature on christmas cards has always looked like "Tulane").

Then there's negative interests like rooting against Michigan (see the first two words of this post) and Penn State (dad went to Penn State so I was needling him about losses long before the Sandusky stuff or Joe Pa making GBS threads his pants on national television).

Otherwise, I mostly just watch the fun games and try to root for teams that are the funnest at the moment or who would cause the biggest upset while I chant "BLOOD! WEEK! BLOOD! WEEK!"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'm in a long term abusive relationship with the Razorbacks

plz help

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Went to Duke. Still shocked that I’ve watched more Duke football games this year than Duke basketball games.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I've been a Michigan State fan since I was a kid, starting to become cognizant of football at the very end of the Saban era. My parents met there. My maternal grandparents taught there. My dad's emotional state in the fall has revolved around MSU football for decades. It's green and white all the way down.

I did not attend MSU because I wanted the small college experience. Wooster was not good at football (great at men's basketball though) and you could not pay me to care about Division III athletics. But it is fun to pretend that I hate Wittenberg. Wooster is also one of the most recent Ohio institutions to beat Ohio State in football.

MSU has been bringing me down recently. There's a new institutional scandal every year. The incredible Mark Dantonio era ended in depressing fashion. Outside of a fluke year, the Mel Tucker era has been a disaster, ended mercifully by his inability to not crank off on a phone call with a famous sexual assault survivor and advocate. Getting rid of divisions seemed like great news for us, but now the league is gaining four programs that are all in a better place (three of them generally better than us in the first place). I fear without making an incredible hire this offseason that the Spartans will end up in the basement for some time. The days of John L. Smith will seem practically rosy in comparison.

Funnily enough, though, I am getting some joy on football Saturdays out of their future conference mate and recent nemesis. I followed my partner out to Seattle when she got a job at UW. We went to our first game last year--my parents came to town to watch the Huskies play MSU in what we thought would be a good game. Instead it was an ominous sign of things to come in East Lansing. However, the atmosphere was great, Kalen DeBoer obviously has Washington playing an incredibly fun brand of football to great success, and my partner is in love with Dubs the Alaskan Malamute. I've convinced her previously football-hating rear end to go to one game a year (we were at the opener against Boise this season).

I don't think Washington will ever overshadow MSU as a primary rooting interest, especially in the B1G XVIII, but I have always liked them and it makes the city more fun when the local team is good. I will be sad if the Apple Cup is over, but I also could never develop a sincere animosity toward Wazzu--I am sympathetic to all second banana ag schools. UW and MSU thankfully will not play again for a few more years in football, and I doubt the two of them will both be in a conference title race together any time soon. So bow down I guess.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Another MSU fan here. Attended MSU but didn't really get into their football team until I moved away and started hanging out with the alumni club to make new friends. Stopped giving back to the school and donated a bunch of my MSU sport-specific stuff after everything with Nassar. Thought it might be safe to come out of hiding this year. lol.

Quietly liked rooting for Northwestern, too, because I've always enjoyed Evanston, RL Mangles is funny, and it seemed like a clean, safe program to support. lol.

I largely lurk and use the N/V threads to keep up on things. Still don't have an intuitive sense for what I'm watching on gameday so I don't offer much beyond "drat, that guy got hosed up." Appreciate everyone here who enjoys themselves and doesn't (appear to) derive any substantial amount of self-worth from their team.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Grew up in Ann Arbor and have a couple of immediate family members with connections to Michigan, so I ostensibly root for them but I try not to get too worked up over their fortunes (I also went to a little Midwest D-III school with no football worth following).

Secondary interest in Michigan State as my dad went there, so I will cheer for and/or laugh at them as the situation requires.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
University of Washington Huskies fan, both parents graduated there, and my brother graduated there. I was always a fan, and ended up getting my master's degree there :shobon:

Though most of my fandom comes from me as a kid watching it when they were insanely good in the 90s with my dad.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Boomer Sooner, class of ‘13

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I went to a D3 NESCAC school so I don't care about my alma mater's football program.

Oregon Ducks fan because when I was in undergrad the Chip Kelly / Dennis Dixon era kicked off and that poo poo was fun as hell so I kinda latched on. My wife went to grad school at U of M and I lived in Ann Arbor for like four years so I'm also a Michigan Affiliated Person, although this is secondary.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Wisconsin from back in the day when they were so bad the only place to watch the games was at 10:30 Saturday evening when the PBS station in Madison would play the game recording.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

seiferguy posted:

University of Washington Huskies fan, both parents graduated there, and my brother graduated there. I was always a fan, and ended up getting my master's degree there :shobon:

Though most of my fandom comes from me as a kid watching it when they were insanely good in the 90s with my dad.

I hope you're ready for your Penix to get smashed to the ground over and over tomorrow.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Long-suffering Ole Miss fan here - went to school there for (too) many years. Also have a bit of a soft spot for UGA due to being a big Lewis Grizzard fan as a kid. That one's been paying off a lot better recently.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Illinois alum/fan here, but really we need a hater thread (enemies: Michigan, ND, Northwestern, OSU, Auburn for stealing our colors)

Spouse & inlaws all attended or lived in Bama, so I see way more of their games than I'd like to.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Vols Bitch

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Penn State alum

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Ohio State, where I was headed until went to accepted students day and I realized I would never go to class at a school that big, and Cincinnati, where I did my MBA/wife did her PhD, in that ofder

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 13, 2023

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
My Dad went to Purdue
Me and 2 other siblings went there (2 others went to Ball State)
I have a niece and nephew who went there.
Two of my three kids are current Purdue students

It is a family disease

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Michigan, MSU in bowl games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
S-D-S-U, SDSU Aztec Fight!

San Diego State alumni, class of 2010. I also root for USC as they were my childhood team because my favorite Charger was a Trojan

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I went to Penn State

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Virginia Tech, I was lucky enough to be a student during some of the best seasons they had. I still get season tickets even though things haven't gone consistently well for the team in a while.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
UCF alum, I got to be at school for a natty :)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Don't post much in the NCAA thread, but I do love being added to lists.

1A: Minnesota - has been my permanent residence my entire life, eventually graduated from UMN

1B: Michigan - started college at Michigan Tech and hadn't watched football before then. Roommates were Michigan fans, so they were my intro to watching football

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

but really we need a hater thread (enemies: Michigan, ND, Northwestern, OSU, Auburn for stealing our colors)

Seconded

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
V

O

L

S

Go Vols Go

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I only started following cfb regularly in 2010, and the only team I've ever felt any regular rooting interest towards even prior to then has been Temple. The Philly area is dominated by Penn State and Notre Dame fans, but I just never took to them growing up. Plus my alma mater and fellow city school Drexel doesn't have a football program to support, so I throw it behind Temple.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 13, 2023

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
WVU alum, falling back into watching more this season.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon Fan Here.

Never attended (Grew up in Bend, OR, went to UCSB for undergrad and Carnegie Mellon for grad school). In grad school I was part of the marching band and learned College Football. The 2007 season got me into watching the national slate of games and 2009 solidified my Ducks fandom as I lived in Europe.

Maxwells Demon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 13, 2023

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Graduated from VT so they're my num 1.

I also follow Utah since basically all of my mom's fsmily went there. That's a def second fiddle though, and it's not a comparison to my feelings for VT.

drunk leprechaun fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 13, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida Gators.

Since I first saw Orange and Blue and Emmitt Smith when I was a young one.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia - probably the only one left on the board. They're all smarter than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas, for better and for worse