Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Miami Hurricanes

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
MIZ!

Grew up a Mizzou fan, went there for college too. My first Mizzou fan memory was the kick ball game against Nebraska :argh:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky since birth. One of my earliest sports memories is the Laettner shot, and how the group we were watching it with went from super excited to utter dejection in an instant. I ended up not going there for college, went to a small engineering school. About 90% of kids in the area end up at either Kentucky or Louisville and I wanted to go do something different. My college was NAIA with no football and a pitiful basketball team, so rooting interest in another school was easy to keep up. There's not many of us but I actually prefer football over basketball.

Secondary rooting interest is Oklahoma by marriage, so that will be fun once they start playing each other every couple years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Already posted but hey, might as well expose myself:

Despite living in east TN my whole life and graduating from UT in 2008, I didn't give a poo poo about football or any sports until I randomly decided to get into the NFL in 2015, and soon after I started following Tennessee football, including the magic Butch year until it fell apart because Butch Jones is a sentient garbage can. Still mostly an NFL guy, but the past couple years I've started watching non-TN games as well and am starting to get firmly into college football as well.

Basically all football owns, and also VOLS BITCH.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Secondary rooting interest is Oklahoma by marriage, so that will be fun once they start playing each other every couple years.

I feel ya, the God drat realignment is making my household a BIG 10 house and that will probably be less than ideal

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

TCU alum here. Grew up in DFW so was always a bit of a fan during their rise in the mid aughts, and got to be in the band during the Rose Bowl year. We're on rocky terms right now with them hiring a Briles.

Family went to UT and A&M but gently caress both of em.

Other schools I'd cheer for would be UNT (more family and jazz is neat) and Arizona State (family again).

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I was born in okc and lived there throughout my early childhood before my family moved to Kentucky where I still reside. As such I grew up watching the Sooners from my parents and they became my primary team. I also follow both Louisville and Kentucky, though I wouldn't consider myself a fan of either.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas. I'm still technically an undergrad there.

My fandom is...... complex.

Most of my family went to Auburn, so I also like Auburn and hate Bama and Georgia.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 13, 2023

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Wisconsin. Born and raised in Madison and got one of my degrees from there.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Ohio state cuz I went there for a long bit. I didn't actually graduate from there, but it was the entire reason I got into and enjoy watching cfb.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Texas A&M born and raised. Hell I even was in the Corps while there. The conservative hole that is College Station somehow spit out a bleeding heart liberal.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I've been a die-hard Wisconsin Badger fan ever since my freshman year when Matt Schabert hit Lee Evans on an out-and-go route to beat #3 Ohio State, almost exactly 20 years ago today.

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023
Roll Tide baby. (Alabama)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
App State grad

Ohio State because my family are all OSU or MAC graduates if they went.

Tennessee won me over with mustard

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Main :razorfront:

Pocket: []_[]

Lions: Bitch

Good decision making skills: 0

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Penn State.

I also have a degree from Pitt but will only semi-follow them for non football sports. Football they're just for laughing at.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa State Cyclones bitches. Not first in the standings, but definitely first in Busch Light consumed.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Am from southeast Oklahoma so Sooners until I die brother

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Primary: Texas A&M- alumni and lifelong fan (Dad is an Aggie as well)
Secondary: Baylor - Waco native, have probably been to more Baylor than A&M games lifetime, Mom is an alumni

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

App State grad

Loads of respect to the Moutaineers for the great service they rendered to the state and people of Ohio in 2007. :patriot:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I started watching Vols football in 1990-ish and attended from 2002-2006

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

University of Idaho Vandals thanks to a long family history. My maternal grandparents went there together (my grandma was named the second prettiest girl on campus by a student magazine at some point in the 40s, which my grandpa loved to bring up), my mom went there for undergrad and my dad got his doctorate there. In elementary school we would go up to Moscow once a year for a game, always a highlight of the year.

Sadly I wasn’t able to graduate from U of I, thanks to a case of sadbrains. But when I did finally graduate from Boise State (former Idaho rival), I was on camera saying “Go Vandals” as I got my diploma (wasn’t planning on it, then the university president gave his remarks which essentially boiled down to “We have one of our football players graduating today and that’s all that matters”, so I felt fairly petty).

Been with Idaho through the good times (early 90s, the three bowl seasons*, now) and the bad (almost every FBS season). Subscribe to espn+ entirely to watch them. Go Vandals, Go Mighty Vandals!

*Idaho is unbeaten in bowl games at 3-0

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Main :razorfront:

Pocket: []_[]

Lions: Bitch

Good decision making skills: 0

Fascinating trio

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston alum and boy were those rough years when I was there

Also root for LSU since I almost went there, and sometimes for Wisconsin since I have family that did research for UW.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Fresno State fan since approximately 98-99. Lived in Fresno since 1987. Did not attend, I went to a private school in Orange County in ‘04 and enjoyed it so much I bailed after a year. Really fell in love with the team during the Pat Hill tenure, and I die every year only to come back stronger.

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 14, 2023

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFtskeZrNg

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ohio State, long family history and graduated from there myself.

Negative rooting interest is Michigan except against Penn State, Nebraska (sorry Nebraska goons have the best avatars in TFF but Nebraska sucking is funny), and now Sparty.

Charge all fields.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Bwaah

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Ungratek posted:

Virginia - probably the only one left on the board. They're all smarter than me.

You aren't! I mostly lurk but I support UVA due to proximity and hating my VaTech-loving family.

Second team is Boise State because the 07 Fiesta Bowl was when I started caring about CFB more than the NFL.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas State, because I graduated from there (class of '12!)

I guess also Texas, because I took some classes there in the summers of '07 and '08 while I was futzing around as a post-High Schooler

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Go huskies! (University of Washington)

Did my undergrad there and Puget Sound native

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia

For most of us born in the state, your fandom is part of the genetic code. You're born a Bulldog. Most of the rural sections never attend the college, except for a random game here and there against an FCS team because that's the only ticket you can cheaply get. (I ended up attending.) I was taught right from childhood, that proper Georgia fandom meant you listened to Larry Munson and the radio broadcast.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan Wolverines fan my whole life. Had been attending games since the mid-80’s because my aunt had season tickets; grew up in metro Detroit; have lived in the Phoenix area since 2002, and haven’t been back home a whole lot over the years, but still rock the Charles Woodson, Braylon Edwards and Denard Robinson jerseys whenever I attend local NCAA or NFL games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmVpA-1aMQ

Gonz fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 14, 2023

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
My undergrad was at UChicago, a founding member of the Big 10. For those who don't know, UChicago won a couple of national titles in the early days, and had the first Heisman winner. Then it dropped sports entirely and became the nerdiest school in the nation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz65Zy_W_kw I remember walking though a dark hallway the basement of an old gym and there was a dusty glass case with some old footballs and trophies, and the first Heisman trophy was just sitting there. Behind a 2 dollar padlock. No one cared. Anyone could have stolen it. I should have stolen it.

Went to Michigan for grad school so I got to have a natural team affiliation. Go Blue. I have lived on the West Coast for a long time, and Cal has become my second team. And I wish nothing but eternal disappointment for An Ohio State University and Notre Dame, as is entirely fitting.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Cthulu Carl posted:

Loads of respect to the Moutaineers for the great service they rendered to the state and people of Ohio in 2007. :patriot:

The greatest day in the history of Ohio sports with the possible exception being the Cavs fan eating poo poo off the ground after LeBron won us a championship.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

I'm a 3rd generation Clemson Alum, married to a Clemson Alum, with a kid that submitted her application last week. Also a former Tiger Band member. Not only does my blood runneth Orange, my heart beats to the rhythm of Tiger Rag. (South Carolina can not lose enough games to truly make me happy, try as they might).

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Don’t post much in TFF anymore but with Twitter dieing that may change at some point. Iowa State.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I am a WVU fan thanks for listening

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

My parents met when my dad was attending the University of Michigan and I grew up listening to games on the radio. I'm a Michigan alum twice over and the only time I missed games in the Big House as a student was the year I studied abroad. Half the T-shirts I own have a block M on them somewhere I think. Cut me open and I might just bleed maize and blue.

GO BLUE

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kentucky