Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Could i get (also a bama hater) added to mine like declan's?

I went to grad school at Memphis so i like them too but only if a win won't impact the vols negatively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I'm a Northwestern fan unfortunately.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Georgia Tech fan because I love misery.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Could i get (also a bama hater) added to mine like declan's?

I went to grad school at Memphis so i like them too but only if a win won't impact the vols negatively

Someone should really make the haters thread! This one isn't exactly a lot of work but I'm maintaining the fans list, we should share the load.

predicto posted:

My undergrad was at UChicago, a founding member of the Big 10. For those who don't know, UChicago won a couple of national titles in the early days, and had the first Heisman winner. Then it dropped sports entirely and became the nerdiest school in the nation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz65Zy_W_kw I remember walking though a dark hallway the basement of an old gym and there was a dusty glass case with some old footballs and trophies, and the first Heisman trophy was just sitting there. Behind a 2 dollar padlock. No one cared. Anyone could have stolen it. I should have stolen it.

I don't know anything about UChicago other than 1) egghead school 2) used to be good at foobaw 3) the first chain reaction so this story really, really checks out.

Thoguh posted:

Don’t post much in TFF anymore but with Twitter dieing that may change at some point. Iowa State.

Hell yeah. Don't know his name but every time I see your posts I just think about the big ol' boy holding the football once upon a time.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

texas orange cows

i was there during the glory years

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
thanks for this OP, putting these Badger fans on ignore since i represent Wisconsin's real university (and we dont have football)

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Hook 'em horns, through highs and lows.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee baybee

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i went to a DIII school and nobody in my immediate family went to a big school either so i'm a college football mercenary who roots for teams i think are funny and despises any team that annoys me

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
ohio state

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Meeeechigan Wolverines.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I root against the concepts of justice and accountability.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Vols bitch

I grew up in east Tennessee and went to UT.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

G-Hawk posted:

texas orange cows

i was there during the glory years

Holy poo poo this guy is like 100

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I went to Mizzou and am a masochist missouri fan

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Cats by 90 every time bitch

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Michigan Man™ here

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

:razorback: Woo pig sooie :razorfront:

Lived my entire life in Arkansas and there's no pro teams so by default everyone in the state roots for the hogs

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

Cats by 90 every time bitch

The purple or blue ones?

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Florida State

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I should probably root for Arkansas State since I've worked there nearly a decade, but they suck real bad. My D2 alma mater could whip their rear end any day. Redwolves is a cool mascot at least

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Came from a family of Michigan alumni. Attended Washington for grad school. I root for both teams and will have some hard questions to resolve now that they are both in the BIG.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I don’t post that much but when I do it’s usually about Texas. Grew up in the damned state (was in HS during the Vince Young years), Darrell Royal was an old hunting buddy of my aunt, and went to a school that was bad for D3 for college so just never stopped rooting for them long-horned cattle.

EDIT: in what I get for not reading page 2, UChicago was that lovely D3 school. Can’t believe there’s multiple of us here.

predicto posted:

I remember walking though a dark hallway the basement of an old gym and there was a dusty glass case with some old footballs and trophies, and the first Heisman trophy was just sitting there. Behind a 2 dollar padlock. No one cared. Anyone could have stolen it. I should have stolen it.

They built a new gym building a little ago and the trophy is at least behind glass now, hah. But yes, talk about faded glory. The one whit I give about UChicago football is that they’ve won two nattys while aTm has won one, so that’s great to remind me high school friends who went aggy of.

Jean-Paul Shartre fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 14, 2023

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Put me down for football powerhouse Indiana University.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Holy poo poo this guy is like 100

2001-2009 was pretty good times at texas

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I was born a Texas fan basically, most of my family went there, and I graduated from there in 2004.

A distant second would go to Sam Houston State University, got my masters from there, and they are the local school I don’t have to feel bad for rooting for. It was more fun when they were in the FCS, but I hope they figure it out and at least compete for conference titles.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Went to Arkansas and for better or worse have been a huge fan since

Woo pig :razorfront:

e:

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I think my only secondary team would be "chaos"

:hmmyes:

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 14, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Despite having a Jayhawk avatar most of the time, I'm actually a big UCLA fa-

Joking, yeah, rock chalk, gently caress the haters.

e: If I had to have secondary rooting interests, I'd chalk up Indiana because I nearly went there for school and NC State because it's the local school now, but eh, don't list those. In terms of enemies, death to the Kentucky Wildcats, but not really in football, just can't get all amped up to hate them or Duke football or anyone like that because of basketball school solidarity.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 14, 2023

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I root for Stanford, and not just because of the comical collapse of Colorado last night. I think my only secondary team would be "chaos"

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I root for Stanford, and not just because of the comical collapse of Colorado last night. I think my only secondary team would be "chaos"

Hail Xort

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yeah if we’re allowed I am also a huge fan of chaos and sicko football

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This has been the wrong last few years for it but I’m an Iowa fan. Born in Iowa City, grew up in Iowa City, eventually ended up back in Iowa City to actually go to school there to complete the cycle.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Penn State

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
The only OSU worth a drat: Oregon State.

I am an alumni and:

Nervous posted:

Beavs are cool.

Chalk one up to “chaos” as well, e.g. Stanford last night.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah if we’re allowed I am also a huge fan of chaos and sicko football

Allowed? poo poo is mandatory. Bow before Xort or gtfo

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
It's really complicated, since I've lived in 7 different cities in 6 different states in only 30 years. Of course, my two primary rooting interests are the colleges I attended: Nevada (final 3 years and where I graduated, worked guest services at campus events for 3 years after) and Washington State (first 2 years, although it was technically the Richland and not Pullman campus but we didn't have our own teams, so).

Secondary:
West Virginia--where I was born and lived for 10 years
Ohio State--my parents were both born in Columbus and are life-long fans, and I live in Columbus now
Louisville--I've had phases of being more into football and less into football, and Louisville has always caught my eyes during the periods of stronger investment, whether during the early 2000s Stefan LeFors/Bobby Petrino years (I have a Louisville throw pillow from when I was 10), or the early 2010s Teddy Bridgewater/Lamar Jackson years. Though tbh a lot of my initial interest had to do with just really liking their mascot :shobon:

I could also lay claim to Illinois (lived in Rockford for 4 years, attended a game in 2006) or Louisiana-Monroe (lived there for 2 years, attended a game in 2021), but I don't really feel like doing that because I don't care enough about either of them.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 14, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Really? No one's claimed Nebraska yet?

Born and raised in Lincoln and went to Dear Ol' Nebraska U

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Elephanthead posted:

Put me down for football powerhouse Indiana University.

Oh yeah, I was at IU for a few years of grad school and went to a couple of games there in that time, so I won't not root for them but it's hard to get it up for IU football in a vacuum.

Not football but I was there when they knocked off #1 Kentucky at the buzzer in MBB and I had turned down a ticket to that game earlier in the day, always regretted it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA. Gurley avatar from when I first started posting here (2012).