Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Go vandals, got my BS and MS there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
I am a South Carolina fan because I hate myself.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Go Dawgs everyone else can eat poo poo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Put me down for Penn State

And North Texas

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

I dont post that much but when I do its usually about Texas. Grew up in the damned state (was in HS during the Vince Young years), Darrell Royal was an old hunting buddy of my aunt, and went to a school that was bad for D3 for college so just never stopped rooting for them long-horned cattle.

EDIT: in what I get for not reading page 2, UChicago was that lovely D3 school. Cant believe theres multiple of us here.

They built a new gym building a little ago and the trophy is at least behind glass now, hah. But yes, talk about faded glory. The one whit I give about UChicago football is that theyve won two nattys while aTm has won one, so thats great to remind me high school friends who went aggy of.

Hello fellow Maroon. Did you know that Big Bertha, that Worlds Largest Drum drum that the Longhorns wheel out at football games, was originally from UChicago? Texas bought it from UChicago for one dollar in 1954.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bertha

For giggles look at the photo. There are about 60, 000 people at that UChicago game.

predicto fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 26, 2023

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
how has oklahoma not made a drum that's slightly larger?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Really? No one's claimed Nebraska yet?

Born and raised in Lincoln and went to Dear Ol' Nebraska U

I know we have at least a couple more NU posters, they just haven't wandered in here yet.

Winkie01 posted:

Go Dawgs everyone else can eat poo poo.

I'm gonna assume this is UGA and not MSU

drat SEC, 14 teams and like 5 mascots

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
And that's just Auburn

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Judgy Fucker posted:

The purple or blue ones?

Cats by 90 belongs to the blue ones, tyvm

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Washington (alum). Huskies bitch.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I think we need a posthumous Weez for the Cougs, we want bama

Rip

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Judgy Fucker posted:

I know we have at least a couple more NU posters, they just haven't wandered in here yet.

I'm gonna assume this is UGA and not MSU

drat SEC, 14 teams and like 5 mascots

Yes UGA sorry.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mizzou (alum) / Northwestern (Hometown's Big Ten Team)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Pimpcasso posted:

I think we need a posthumous Weez for the Cougs, we want bama

Rip

I had actually added him in earlier, then took it out because I didn't know if it was weird. He's back in.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
You put me under the wrong Washington :mods:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Put me down for Arizona, god help me.

Although this season has been the most fun we've had in years.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Hail to Pitt

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Bama fan, recruited into it by my good friend who lives in Alabama and whose daughter is a Tuscaloosa alum.

I went to a college that does not have athletic scholarships, and whose football team is about as good as that would lead you to expect.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

predicto posted:

Hello fellow Maroon. Did you know that Big Bertha, that Worlds Largest Drum drum that the Longhorns wheel out at football games, was originally from UChicago? Texas bought it from UChicago for one dollar in 1954.

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bertha

For giggles look at the photo. There are about 60, 000 people at that UChicago game.

I vaguely was aware of that, but appreciate you bringing it back into the front of my memory. I also now remember being told by older alums that when they brought football back in the 70s, the halftime show was done by kazoo band; in other words throwing a box of kazoos on the field in front of the student section and letting them go to town.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hello, put me down for Missouri.

I like pain.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah, could say I'm a fan of the University of Oregon Fightin' Ducks, despite losing to Washington (boooo)

the very first game I went to they lost to Indiana at home, and my parents/sibling are all Oregon State fans and I watched plenty of bad Beaver football over the years too, so I think I'm immune to anything hurting my feelings football-wise. so I do try to follow Oregon State a little if only because the family will talk about the Beavs.

I do follow a whole lot of the national sport thanks to Split Zone Duo/reading about the sport, and that only makes me sadder about the death of the Pac-12 next year.

Judgy Fucker posted:

Allowed? poo poo is mandatory. Bow before Xort or gtfo

yeah, we cheer for chaos here in these parts. if only because I remember TFF back in 2007.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah if were allowed I am also a huge fan of chaos and sicko football

that's my main allegiance

also went to lehigh and stony brook

also since i now live in maryland, i'll include them because i never had a problem with them (but yesterday was infuriating)

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Ohio State (by birth)
Wake Forest (2x alum)
Tulane (Attended)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas
Tulane

Graduated from both

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I am a Florida fan from England

Please ask me about why I hate myself.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I dont post much in tff anymore but,

Boomer sooner (alumnus)

Death to Texas, Israel, and America

durabrand107
Mar 17, 2007
Spill Resistant Design
Don't post much but WVU. Grew up in the state, attended the school, whole extended family are also Mountaineers.

Been a fan since I was a little kid (in the 80s). That one thread about Amos zeroue cracks me up cause I'm pretty sure I have a napkin in my childhood bedroom with his autograph on it from when he played at wvu.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

EvilHawk posted:

I am a Florida fan from England

Please ask me about why I hate myself.

Howd you pick Florida?

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I'm a UNC fan very nervous about recent success.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Oklahoma grad

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*
Went to undergrad at Kentucky and went to Law School at Idaho. Sign me up for both.

If we are doing antiteams, I would like to claim Boise State as my anti-team

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Howd you pick Florida?

I studied there for a year as part of my degree.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech, still here after all these years.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Been lurking forever. Married into a Notre Dame family so I guess that. As a kid rooted for Michigan (and will still root for them against pretty much everyone). Also, in the MAC go Toledo.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

EvilHawk posted:

I studied there for a year as part of my degree.

Did no one explain to you Florida before you agreed to take this opportunity to study abroad?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Still here for some godforsaken reason. I went to South Florida so I will proudly take up their mantle. I am also a Michigan person since my family is from up there and we dont like directionals or Sparty.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Put me down for Oklahoma. I spent four years in Norman as a child and I'm now hooked for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Azrial posted:

Did no one explain to you Florida before you agreed to take this opportunity to study abroad?

I was young and very stupid

I think my other option (that had decent football) was Texas A&M so arguably I made the better pick.